Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• scttdmpsy
    scttdmpsy Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello everyone! First time trying the App. I’ve been doing OMAD or IF 20/4 and a few loose weekends for the past year. Ihave come here to gain some better skills of tracking and counting calories. I never been a calorie counter before.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    scttdmpsy wrote: »
    Hello everyone! First time trying the App. I’ve been doing OMAD or IF 20/4 and a few loose weekends for the past year. Ihave come here to gain some better skills of tracking and counting calories. I never been a calorie counter before.

Welcome, You don't have to count calories be cause with OMAD you're only eating 1 meal and it's very hard to eat too many calories unless you're eating unhealthy foods...Good luck! :)
  • thegreatcoyote
    thegreatcoyote Posts: 75 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Charlie. I've been doing omad for about 2 weeks and have lost 10 pounds so far. I stumbled into this eating style just because I wanted 1 satisfying meal a day instead of 3 sad small meals! Surprisingly I've found this easy to do and it seems like something I could adopt for a lifetime. My focus and memory have really improved noticeably and I've started reading Dr. Fung's books on fasting to understand why this is. Thanks for letting me join this group. I joined to hopefully absorb some good advice from other practitioners. Also if you log your meals I would be grateful if you'd add me as a friend so I can have some people in my feed with the same eating style.
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Charlie :)
  • willwwc7820
    willwwc7820 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! My name is Bill. I started OMAD yesterday. I had watched a YouTube video a few days ago from Vegetable Police in which he discussed OMAD. A little digging around latter at the various videos and websites and OMAD Revolution is the most helpful and realistic. :).
    I'm 52 and like most tried so many plans to lose weight. None of them worked well and each time I didnt feel excited about a plan whether it was low this or low that or vegan, etc...... I actually feel enthusiastic about OMAD because it makes sense. It pleases my rational brain
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Bill :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome Bill, Welcome Charlie
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome guys! Best of luck!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome!
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm Fiona. Today marks a month on OMAD for me. I'm rather worried as the last time I tried OMAD, I quit four weeks in. So I'm looking to get past this, and feel that having public accountability is the key. To this end, I will begin a progress thread.

I wish to thank everyone whose progress I've been covertly following over this past month; as the saying has it - "Be strong, you never know who you're inspiring"! You have, without knowing it, been a source of continuing support and encouragement.
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Fiona :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome to the group and this WOE Fiona :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome Fiona!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Welcome back to OMAD and to the group. I find inspiration (as well as great recipe ideas) here daily.^^
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome Fiona!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Welcome Fiona, looking forward to reading your journey!
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2018
    o
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Hello! I just found out about OMAD fasting yesterday, and have tried everything else to lose weight and feel better, so why not, something that would make me less of a slave to the kitchen, and wouldn't have to eat in my car. I am a courier and drive 10 plus hours a day. well, I have also had a problem of getting extremely sleepy around 2-4 PM and always having to pull over and take short naps to get my energy back up, really cuts into my productivity, and can be dangerous too, yikes! well, I have been eating like four times a day, and was afraid to go long without eating, thought it would make me too hungry and overeat. but the last two days, I worked all day and ate my only meal after work, and both days during the fast, I did feel somewhat hungry, but it was not near as bad as i thought it would be. but the big difference is both days, i did not have any sleepiness at all, had no need of a nap, and had noticeably more energy! Now it was only 2 days, so could have been coincidence, but i am excited to see if this continues. If so, this will be an even bigger benefit than losing the 50 pounds I want to lose! I will also be mad though, only because i didn't find out about this long ago hahahaha
    ~Michael Thompson
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Welcome Michael :) I used to eat OMAD years ago and was told it was bad for me so I stopped, ha what did they know!!! Good luck!