New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Even though I didn't like the Ben and Jerry's light Chocolate Milk & Cookies flavor, I decided to try the other two flavors. I also got one of the new Yasso frozen yogurt pints to try.
    6mkhf9jgzk8v.jpg
    The Ben and Jerry's pints are ones that you definitely should eat on their own - don't eat them with other premium ice creams, as you will notice a huge difference right away. I liked the Caramel Cookie Fix and the PB dough much better than the Chocolate Milk and Cookies. The PB dough flavor is the best out of all of them, and I would buy it again. The chocolate ice cream here tastes like chocolate, unlike the Chocolate Milk & Cookies flavor where the chocolate was bland and had an off taste. The peanut butter mix ins had good flavor too. You can still tell that it is a light ice cream as it is airier and not as decadent as typical B&J flavors, but it's pretty good for a light ice cream.

Caramel Cookie Fix isn't bad, though I wouldn't necessarily buy it again. The vanilla ice cream is a bit on the bland side like the one in the Chocolate Milk & Cookies, though the mix ins are decent.

69vgjd9jlfdw.jpg

The Yasso Party Animal frozen yogurt was fun and pretty tasty. The sprinkles and birthday cake pieces were pretty good. I'll be interested to see how their other flavors are.

I also thought the Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Milk & Cookies had an off & almost stomach churning flavor! Definitely will not be buying that flavor again.

My favorite of the bunch is definitely the Ben & Jerry's PB & Dough since it didn't taste bland & had a lot of dough pieces throughout the pint. The Caramel Cookie Fix isn't completely terrible, but I agree that the vanilla base is very bland considering Turkey Hill usually isn't that bland & is around the same calories give or take 20-30 difference for flavors. I still will buy the Caramel Cookie Fix on occasion depending on good sales & coupons (Giant has been giving me $1.50 catalina coupons at the checkout).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    40nkiruwpat0.jpg

ProYo (if you're familiar) recently rebranded...

Chocolate Chip Cookie Batter sounds amazing at least by the name!!
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    v6yzdf51pxo3.jpeg

A keto-friend brought these to our work potluck yesterday. 3 net carbs and SO good; it’s like a flax-seed cracker and a super grainy whole wheat bread had a baby. They’re crunchy but not tooth-breaking and you can top em with just about anything.

Also tried the chocolate-banana Halo Top recently! I liked it, but it had no discernable chocolate flavor so I made some ganache to go over top, LOL

I love these crispbreads! They're so satisfying. If you're counting calories, be sure to weigh them though. In my experience, they're about 20% heavier (and therefore that much more calories) than the packaging says.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Pomelos are in season. Super excited. That's actually the picture in my profile (incomparable to grapefruit in flavor, much like a *truly* ripe, in season, heirloom tomato is incomparable to an underripe regular tomato).

I'm trying to resist splurging on some tonight. I don't think I'll make it:) That's okay! 4 hour workout tomorrow morning..
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Oh, and I tried Halo Top ice cream based on the forums here! It was good but definitely not for me. Chocolove 88% dark chocolate is way more satisfying.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    So after stopping by Walmart they only had these two. Picked up and tried. Don't care for chocolate at all. The cookies and cream however, although not as good as Halo top offerings I tried, are pretty good with huge chunks of cookies in there. So for now Halo top macchiato rules. But these are $1.50 cheaper for me so.... Nahhhh HT if anything. Too bad they didn't have vanilla as that is my go to flavour for icecream.

eonzpjo2ltw8.jpg
    crazyravr wrote: »
    So after stopping by Walmart they only had these two. Picked up and tried. Don't care for chocolate at all. The cookies and cream however, although not as good as Halo top offerings I tried, are pretty good with huge chunks of cookies in there. So for now Halo top macchiato rules. But these are $1.50 cheaper for me so.... Nahhhh HT if anything. Too bad they didn't have vanilla as that is my go to flavour for icecream.

eonzpjo2ltw8.jpg

Interesting. I prefer the Breyers to Halo Top anyday. Halo Top tastes very artificial to me, but Breyer's tastes like real ice cream! Good thing they sell them both! Skinny Cow also has ice cream in pints that would be my #2 favorite.

Same here, although for HT is really still depends on the pint. Huge quality control issues in my experience.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited March 2018
    Yasso_Scoop_CaramelPretzel_large.png

The caramel in this can be a tad cloying, but not as much as the Enlightened Sea Salt Caramel pint & the pretzels add a unique addition compared to a lot of the other 'low calorie' pints on the market that have little to no add-ins.

This one clocks in around 600 calories so not as low calorie as Halo Top, Enlightened, or Breyers.

YASSO_PINT_PartyAnimal_S1-3.png

I also liked this one a lot! The base again reminded me a bit of Enlightened's cake flavor, but not as sickly sweet. The cake pieces were my favorite part. If I want low calorie Birthday Cake flavored pints I'll still buy the Halo Top version on occasion since it's one of my favorite Halo flavors.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    Not very good at all especially after enjoying nutter butter cereal and peanut butter bumpers which are soooooo much better. Mild peanut flavor but nothing I’d buy again. 5A54E4E8-6A4F-2643-4B28-81B5A7DED053-4823.jpeg

Thanks, I will avoid it! I almost purchased a box last week. I got the Kashi® GOLEAN Cinnamon Crisp instead and liked it. It has a strong cinnamon flavor and great macros (for a cereal)...

2gmr1tsckxvs.jpg

I love the cinnamon crisp! I think that is my favorite along with the regular golean crunch.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Added protein, reduced sugar...what's not to like! :smile:

42d96hv0u5fu.png
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    So apparently Subway is rolling out wraps nationally now. I never normally go to Subway, but I'd be interested in hearing how well they executed these! Brand Eating's website says they have three varieties, but when I went to Subway's website and looked up my store I found 25 o:
    u82ntmb5ro4p.png

Also, Junk Banter found the last of the newest Enlightened flavors.... my heart is melting (but slightly disappointed it's not cotton candy or carrot cake)
    nzq8lnioufpr.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    hgycta wrote: »
    So apparently Subway is rolling out wraps nationally now. I never normally go to Subway, but I'd be interested in hearing how well they executed these! Brand Eating's website says they have three varieties, but when I went to Subway's website and looked up my store I found 25 o:
    u82ntmb5ro4p.png

Also, Junk Banter found the last of the newest Enlightened flavors.... my heart is melting (but slightly disappointed it's not cotton candy or carrot cake)
    nzq8lnioufpr.png

Every subway I’ve been to in my area always had wraps. I just never liked much because they weren’t any less calories than the yummy fresh baked bread lol
  • hgycta
    These are good....TOO GOOD lol. Huge sweet and salty fan here and my weakness is chocolate covered pretzels so add Reese’s to pretzels is even better. Got me thinking though, very surprised Reese’s doesn’t have a peanut butter cup with pretzel pieces inside or a peanut butter cup with Reese’s pb covered by a pretzel shell dipped in Reese’s chocolate. That would be amazing because Reese’s peanut butter and chocolate is unique and not just like regular chocolatte covered pb filled pretzels. They could make it really cool and make the pretzel shell in the shape of a Reese’s cup and then have chocolate coating....okay I’m getting carried away here LOL

These protein bars were terrible. Rock hard. Got as free sample but were not good at all. gkl54y8a3zgz.jpeg
    y5uio9oxbmx8.jpeg

Sort of like this, perhaps?
    I've never personally tried one yet, but I've seen them in stores. Just mainly seen holiday versions with a bunch of wrapped pieces inside. Quite frankly, I never trusted myself enough to buy one, heck I still can't let myself buy a full pint of ice cream without eating the entire thing :')
    4weeefw38k02.png
    a2obxkvfa0dx.png
  • hgycta
    Still can’t find the carrot cake Little Debbie rolls, but as a red velvet lover I’ll be just as happy settling for this.
    Not AS GOOD as I was hoping. The cake base wasn’t very sweet and had a slight food dye taste. However, the rich cream cheese icing balanced it out and was the redeeming factor. Still, pretty dry without any filling. I don’t think I’ll buy another, but I’m glad I bought this one! Not as dangerous to keep in my house as those pancake TastyKakes. THOSE were dangerous.
    pjhwnnnoofzc.jpeg
    i7hvkqx9sxro.jpeg
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    @hgycta I saw the carrot cake Little Debbie rolls at Target a couple days ago. I didn’t pick them up as I was in get in, get out mode.
  • hgycta
    edited March 2018
    cw10nsvnlamx.jpeg
    Noticed this on Bob Evans’ website.... holy moly... no calories are listed for it but I can only imagine they’re very high o.o
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    cw10nsvnlamx.jpeg
    Noticed this on Bob Evans’ website.... holy moly... no calories are listed for it but I can only imagine they’re very high o.o

Wow what a sugar bomb. I'd love to go just to try their biscuits and gravy but the closest one is 50 miles away. :disappointed:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    cw10nsvnlamx.jpeg

*drools* Now that is a dessert.