New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2018
    akfinn21 wrote: »
    this is my favorite thread ever. and the only place i can share my haul with people who get it. my schucks FINALLY got some new enlightened flavors. 0qjexuq3ts7r.jpeg

PLEASE TAKE PICTURES AND REVIEW THE NEW FLAVORS FOR US I BEG YOU
  • akfinn21
    akfinn21 Posts: 16 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    this is my favorite thread ever. and the only place i can share my haul with people who get it. my schucks FINALLY got some new enlightened flavors. 0qjexuq3ts7r.jpeg

PLEASE TAKE PICTURES AND REVIEW THE NEW FLAVORS FOR US I BEG YOU

i will!!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    orangegato wrote: »
    cw10nsvnlamx.jpeg
    Noticed this on Bob Evans’ website.... holy moly... no calories are listed for it but I can only imagine they’re very high o.o

Wow what a sugar bomb. I'd love to go just to try their biscuits and gravy but the closest one is 50 miles away. :disappointed:

Wrote to them, 1,480 calories for just the pancakes alone.... guess I’ll never try them, either xD </3

Holy crap!

Could you just splurge & put some of the calories in other days to even out over the course of a week?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    These were interesting. Not very sweet like I expected. I was expecting them to be sweeter kind of like pb2’s crackers.

They had a very strong corn taste like a Cheeto without cheese, which is probably what I should have expected given that’s what they are lol. p4wb09en3ess.jpeg
    i9cf6u6m7ak6.jpeg
    They grew on me as I ate them, but not something I’d buy again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2018

Nice!

I wonder if the Movie Night flavor will taste like Yuenling's ice cream popcorn concoction a few years ago, but lower calorie?

I'm surprised Giant doesn't carry more Enlightened than they do.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2018
    6zqqlgs8n9em.jpeg
    rrk1powcmecy.jpeg
    These were really good. Probably the best vegan protein powder drinks I’ve tried. My favorite was the coffee one. It was like a bottled Starbucks drink and had a nice sweet coffee flavor. Second favorite was dark chocolate. Super rich dark chocolate flavor.

Usually I don’t like vegan protein powders because they aren’t the best or have a weird taste. The vanilla was good but boring and not something I’d want to waste calories on. I loveeee the coffee one in the morning. I did realize they sent me shakes that were a year expired and didn’t realize until AFTER I drank them LOL. I didn’t have any side effects though. They also came in powdered packs but I liked the pre made ones.
    z0v6n9ud49lt.jpeg
    2ispykh2c9qq.jpeg
    r8sfsq3mfavf.jpeg

Also tried these chocolate bites. Got free sample. You can write company and ask they send or do free first delivery trial and then just cancel once first order is shipped ;). I didn’t feel any energy from them lol. But I am really tolerant to caffeine (I can drink 2 cup of coffee an hour before bed). They tasted like chocolate coffee beans and the actual chocolate wasn’t that good. Like cheap no name chocolate you can buy in bulk bins at the grocery store. Wouldn’t buy.
  • hgycta
    cw10nsvnlamx.jpeg
    Noticed this on Bob Evans’ website.... holy moly... no calories are listed for it but I can only imagine they’re very high o.o

Wow what a sugar bomb. I'd love to go just to try their biscuits and gravy but the closest one is 50 miles away. :disappointed:

Wrote to them, 1,480 calories for just the pancakes alone.... guess I’ll never try them, either xD </3

Holy crap!

Could you just splurge & put some of the calories in other days to even out over the course of a week?

I could but that also generally sets me up for failure the following days because I feel like I'm being deprived :') I'll probably just pass on these, but they do look good!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2018
    cw10nsvnlamx.jpeg

Holy crap!

I could but that also generally sets me up for failure the following days because I feel like I'm being deprived :') I'll probably just pass on these, but they do look good!

WOW 1480 JUST for the pancakes?! They must be amazing. I think denny's/ihop/etc are having a competition who can make the highest calorie, most deliciously decadent pancakes LOL.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    cw10nsvnlamx.jpeg

Holy crap!

So, share them with people. Then you and your group can all try them. And then get a side of eggs and spinach or something.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Yoplait-FruitSide-Yogurt-Mixed-Berry-and-Peach.jpg

Not bad, but too sweet... and you can hardly taste the yogurt part. Will remove some fruit next time. Macros are awful. Not worth the calories.
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member

Nice!

I wonder if the Movie Night flavor will taste like Yuenling's ice cream popcorn concoction a few years ago, but lower calorie?

I'm surprised Giant doesn't carry more Enlightened than they do.

I need the Glazed Donut in my life (I think)!! Can't wait to read the review!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yoplait-FruitSide-Yogurt-Mixed-Berry-and-Peach.jpg

Not bad, but too sweet... and you can hardly taste the yogurt part. Will remove some fruit next time. Macros are awful. Not worth the calories.

I would eat the peach one as I am obsessed with peach. Can never have too many peaches lol (I drink smoothies every day and one of my regulars is peach Boost juice with frozen peaches and unflavoured protein powder)
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    So apparently Subway is rolling out wraps nationally now. I never normally go to Subway, but I'd be interested in hearing how well they executed these! Brand Eating's website says they have three varieties, but when I went to Subway's website and looked up my store I found 25 o:
    u82ntmb5ro4p.png

Also, Junk Banter found the last of the newest Enlightened flavors.... my heart is melting (but slightly disappointed it's not cotton candy or carrot cake)
    nzq8lnioufpr.png

Oh man those wraps have been dominating my subway for the last week. The wraps are around 800 calories each and corporate has been pushing us to promote them so hard. Just the wrap alone is 300 calories! We had a lot of training on how to fold em and proper portioning because even a little more lettuce than usual can make them so hard to close. I still have had to retrain some employees on closing them. We've sent out some coupons in my area too to get people to buy them, and we are supposed to be verbally suggesting wraps every time. Although, the feedback I have received from my regulars who tried em is 'meh, not the same as my sub, weird that the wrap itself isn't warm' too high cal, and they have all ended up going back to their usual sub. If you are a die hard wrap fan though I think they are yummy, especially the tomato basil flavored wrap!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    So apparently Subway is rolling out wraps nationally now. I never normally go to Subway, but I'd be interested in hearing how well they executed these! Brand Eating's website says they have three varieties, but when I went to Subway's website and looked up my store I found 25 o:
    u82ntmb5ro4p.png

Also, Junk Banter found the last of the newest Enlightened flavors.... my heart is melting (but slightly disappointed it's not cotton candy or carrot cake)
    nzq8lnioufpr.png

Oh man those wraps have been dominating my subway for the last week. The wraps are around 800 calories each and corporate has been pushing us to promote them so hard. Just the wrap alone is 300 calories! We had a lot of training on how to fold em and proper portioning because even a little more lettuce than usual can make them so hard to close. I still have had to retrain some employees on closing them. We've sent out some coupons in my area too to get people to buy them, and we are supposed to be verbally suggesting wraps every time. Although, the feedback I have received from my regulars who tried em is 'meh, not the same as my sub, weird that the wrap itself isn't warm' too high cal, and they have all ended up going back to their usual sub. If you are a die hard wrap fan though I think they are yummy, especially the tomato basil flavored wrap!

It's too bad that you guys can't use these for the wraps. They'd shave 200 calories off the wrap and add even MORE veggies.

804879457602-1_1.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    u82ntmb5ro4p.png

nzq8lnioufpr.png

Are they promoting them as 'healthier' too? I still can't wrap my head around how wraps are always labeled as healthier than bread...
  • hgycta
    u82ntmb5ro4p.png

nzq8lnioufpr.png

Thanks for saving me 700-800 calories of disappointment! ;p I was genuinely interested at first!