Small black "flecks" in Starkist canned tuna

iowalinda
iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
I had tuna today. There were some small black flecks in the water in the can. Anyone seen that before or know what it might be? It smelled ok so I ate the tuna. Should I be worried?

Replies

• alexastoutxo
    alexastoutxo Posts: 139 Member
    iowalinda wrote: »
    I had tuna today. There were some small black flecks in the water in the can. Anyone seen that before or know what it might be? It smelled ok so I ate the tuna. Should I be worried?

I've had that appear in the single serve tuna packets but I wouldn't worry about it though, It won't harm you. Although I'm a bit curious as to what it is as well haha
  • iowalinda
    Thanks for the reassuring replies :) I tried doing a search on this issue, but came up empty. BTW, I misidentified the brand - it's Chicken of the Sea, not Starkist.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2018
    Lean59man wrote: »
    Salmon-ella?

lol.

ya dont worry about it i once found worms in my salmon >.> that i worried about. Found it as i ended the meal LOL. Anyone here remember those pics XD ?

but ya lil black specs arent worrying. Best to not think about it honestly i know exactly what it is. Dont worry :p
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Its flecks of skin from processing that sometimes gets into the can. Nothing sinister.
  • iowalinda
    Its flecks of skin from processing that sometimes gets into the can. Nothing sinister.

Thank you :)