Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?

Replies

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Oh my, I am making lists of all the different bars you can get in the UK. I will be there 7 weeks so plenty of time to test a load of them.

@cs2thecox any chance of you getting hold of a bounty bar and testing it?
    I was so disappointed with the chocolate being USA style rather than UK. I never acquired the taste for USA chocolate.

Cheers, h.

I can try on Tuesday! (Off work moving house at the moment, national holiday on Monday, and the good shop is near the office...)
    I know Protein Haus make their own Bounty-type bars though, so may not stock the "official" ones. I'll have a look.
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    I've tried Quest cinnamon roll and another one I can't remember the name of.

The apple pie one is pretty good too
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I love luna bars but they don't pack nearly as much protein as quest.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Pure protein. Especially the peanut chocolate caramel. I consider it a treat it’s so good.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Grenade Carb Killa Caramel Chaos is my new fav protein bar. Oh Yeah One Bar (Peanut butter) and Fitjoy Grandma's Lemon Square are also my favs. Cliff Bar is the worst bar I've ever tasted along with Quest
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Kirkland bars, oh yeah, pure protien are good.

Yep! Chocolate brownie and cookie dough.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited March 2018
    Quest cookie dough and Oreo flavors.

Not sure it’s high enough on protein, but NuGo is absolutely delicious
  • goatg
    lilawolf wrote: »
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I like the quest cookies and cream and vanilla almond flavors the best... These aren't the most popular, but I like them way better than the others. The cookie and almond bits seem to help with the texture.

But really? Like, actually delicious? Actually a healthy candy bar? No. Lies. All lies.

2016-05-06-09-29-mars_cropped_80.jpg

Have you actually tried them?

WHAT
    Where does one buy these?!

• JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    My three favorite:
    Pottentia Peanut Butter Cacao Dark
    Garden of Life Organic Peanut Butter Sport
    Oh Yeah Almond, Fudge Brownie (when I have a sweet-tooth).
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    I think the Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough tastes like poison :smiley:
  • goatg

:#
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    I like the Aldi Millville Peanut Butter Chocolate and Elevation chocolate chip (also from Aldi). The Pure bars are so thick and make me need a gallon of water. I don’t want to eat for like 15 hours! I guess that can be a plus.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    I go with Pure Protein.
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Jockamo319 wrote: »
    Pure protein - most of theirs taste pretty good, esp. strawberry

i agree i get these all the time and don't taste like chalk
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I love Oatmega protein bars. They only have 14 grams of protein, but they have tons of fiber and are very LOW sugar. Most protein bars either taste like crap, or might as well be candy bars. The Oatmega bars are really good. They taste good IMO, but are a little dry, but that's easily solved by eating them with a beverage - I love them with hot tea. But they are also good with plain old water.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member

All the Quest bars I've tried taste like chemical funk and they are super, sickeningly sweet. No me gusta. :s
  • verneto1978
    verneto1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Try going to blackberrybucket.com . There is a write-up on several different brands and their varieties, including reviews.
  • grimecl
    grimecl Posts: 6 Member
    Luna Bar tastes pretty good - especially the lemon one. No chalky taste
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2018
    I like the Premier Protein bars. Costco has a variety pack with Peanut Butter Crunch, Dark Chocolate Mint Crisp and Salted Caramel. I am not a big fan of the Caramel ones, but really like the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mint. 30g protein each.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    I like Kirklands Protein Bars. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cinnamon Roll and Chocolate Brownie are my favorites.

I like them too and unfortunately we don't have the new flavours in Canada as of yet.

However I shared a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with a non protein bar eater cause she was really hungry and I felt guilty eating one without sharing... and she literally spat it out and pulled into a gas station for a chocolate bar!