30 Minute Workout

Angelle
Angelle Posts: 13
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm trying to incorporate the gym to fit in my lunch break. I have 45 minutes. To burn fat the quickiest what kind of exersices should I be doing?
I'm new to this and I am intimidated by the gym.

Replies

• Angelle
    I'm trying to incorporate the gym to fit in my lunch break. I have 45 minutes. To burn fat the quickiest what kind of exersices should I be doing?
    I'm new to this and I am intimidated by the gym.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    If you're new to the gym thing, you should start off with the treadmill and/or Eliptical.
  • Angelle
    ok, I will try that and see how it goes
  • elipticals are wonderful! we have one in our bedroom and a simple 20 min work out, i burned 277 calories! then you can just "walk" for another 10 mins.(addition calories burn)
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Two words.... Jump rope! :)
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    I joined a gym with a pool for their water aerobics class. It starts out slow and gets rigorous. I burn 450-500 calories during my 1 hour class. I also walk the perimeter of the pool for 15-20 minutes which burns another 75-125 calories.
    I like the water because I need the bouancy of the water to take pressure off the joints and back so I can work out more.
    It burns alot more calories than I imagines and gives me about 15-30 minutes of cardio in there depending on how hard I do things.
    Good luck
    nancym
  • want2lose
    want2lose Posts: 3 Member
    All of the above are really good ideas! Maybe do each a different day so you don't get bored. Also, i know its intimidating to be in the gym at first, but i think you'll find that generally its a very supportive bunch. Everyone is there for the same reason, so right from the door you have that in common with everyone in there! You could also try some very light weights, maybe ask one of the trainers to help show you how to use certain machines. Muscle burns fat really fast, so just a very little weight training thrown in with mostly cardio could help alot!

Best of luck!!

Brian
This discussion has been closed.