From “Fat” to “Fit”

kennethfabela
kennethfabela Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2018 in Success Stories
At 16 years old 22 months ago I weighed 193 pounds. I was sick and tired of how I looked, how I felt in my own skin, and going to the doctor was depressing. After one visit to the doctor and learning that I was on the verge of being considered “obese”, I decided to make a change in my eating habits for good. I began using MyFitnessPal on August 3, 2016 up to today and since then have lost over 70 pounds. After visiting the doctor this past January of 2018 (17 years old now), he told me that I am healthy and at a perfectly normal weight for my height and age. I now feel much more self confident and am looking forward to continuing my journey of a life of fitness and health with MyFitnessPal. If you or anyone else is trying to lose weight, I highly recommend using MyFitnessPal. With the help of this amazing app and determination, you have the capacity to achieve your goal. It is not impossible if you keep on pushing forward and work hard. At first it might take a few days to the maximum of about a month for you to start losing weight because your body is not in fat burning mode (ketosis), but once you’ve been eating clean for a while you will start to notice the scale go down. So don’t lose confidence and quit your healthier eating habits just because you are not seeing results instantly. It takes time! A lot of time! But if you keep working at your goal and be true to yourself, you can accomplish anything! You can do it! Never give up!

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Nice before and after shots ... looking good
  • kennethfabela
    Thank you h1udd.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    That's wonderful! You look amazing!
  • kennethfabela
    Thank you positivepowers.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    You look great! Well done! :smiley:
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Precious! Love it, such wise words from you. Congratulations!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    WOW!! You look like a different person! :) So good!!!
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    well done. you look great.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Great job!
  • kennethfabela
    Thank you Frankie_Fan, creationscrown, Noreenmary1234, bigjonb4116, and Jelaan for the positive comments.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Amazing progress! Thank you for sharing - I find these very motivating.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Your wise words of determination is a wheel turner! You look so handsome and always remember how it all feels at this point in time....Great job!!!
  • kennethfabela
    Thank you betty_veronica4 and dsboohead.
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    Great job! You look amazing! Your hard work has definitely paid off.
  • verneto1978
    verneto1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Congratulations on your terrific weight loss, and thanks for the words of encouragement.
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    What an accomplishment at such a young age! It takes a lot of maturity to be able to self reflect and put in motion the plan to succeed at anything, let alone something like this kind of weight loss. Congratulations - your future is bright!
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    way to go!!! great work!!! you should be very proud!
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    You look great! Very handsome.
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Great story, great result, congratulations :)
  • judefit18
    judefit18 Posts: 38 Member
    Excellent work! Getting it under control young, you'll be better for it your whole life! Thanks for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!