Never going to eat more food than this...

2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited March 2018
    It is what it is. My sedentary TDEE is around 1450.. but I'm never sedentary so can eat around 2000 to maintain 125lbs/5ft 2/48yrs. its totally worth staying on plan, I love being lean and fit :smile:
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    You won't feel as hungry because your body will need less. But in general it sucks, that's true.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    I found this out too. Oh well, it's better to eat healthier anyway. Eating healthier often means eating less.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    You won't feel as hungry because your body will need less. But in general it sucks, that's true.

I wish this were true. But it wasn't, at least for me.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

Dnarules wrote: »

Yeah, running makes me a lot hungrier than the number of calories it burns!

OP, I will say this - after taking a longer time to lose the weight I needed to lose, eating at a lower calorie target became more or less habit. And yeah, if you have the idea that you can't ever go over the minimum calories when you're maintaining, the future can look grim, but as you can see staying moderately active can contribute substantially to raising that number. My best advice right now would be to forget about how many calories you may or may not be able to eat in maintenance, and focus on where you're at right now - sometimes the future has a way of taking care of itself if we just let it be :)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »

Yeah, running makes me a lot hungrier than the number of calories it burns!

OP, I will say this - after taking a longer time to lose the weight I needed to lose, eating at a lower calorie target became more or less habit. And yeah, if you have the idea that you can't ever go over the minimum calories when you're maintaining, the future can look grim, but as you can see staying moderately active can contribute substantially to raising that number. My best advice right now would be to forget about how many calories you may or may not be able to eat in maintenance, and focus on where you're at right now - sometimes the future has a way of taking care of itself if we just let it be :)

Wow that’s good advice!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member

Unfortunately lower hunger levels and a lower weight don't always coincide.
    Quite a few people have the same hunger level no matter the weight.

Cheers, h.

Not always. But mostly. Which is natural. I'm sure you'd agree.
    I'm not talking about cravings and apetite. Are you?