Carnival Cruise Social Media and MFP?

Does anyone know if the Social Media for $5 day works w/MFP on Carnival Cruise lines or do I need to purchase the internet package?

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    When I went on the Valor last May, I got the "on ship" communications package. Definitely worth it for communications with cruise mates and to schedule activities.

I didn't log into MFP during that time; I was on vacation so I "tried" to make good food decisions and made sure I kept up my daily walks and exercise. The ships also have a small gym w/ cardio equipment, limited free weights, spinning and yoga classes.

That being said, I did gain a few pounds, but dropped it quickly once I got back to the MFP grind.
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    You would need to buy the internet package--MFP did not work for me as Carnival does not view it as 'social media.' However I would reach out to Carnival to be sure they didn't change that.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    If anyone talks to Carnival or knows if it's "social media" can they post back here? I'm going on a carnival cruise next month.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    @htimpaired Did it work?
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    @Cora0477 , MFP is not included in Carnivals Social WiFi plans:
    The Social WiFi plan lets you access popular social networks including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter so you can post pictures or your trip and make your friends jealous.

Access these social and chat apps:
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Facebook Messenger
    • WhatsApp
    as well as the most popular airline sites:
    • American Airlines
    • Delta
    • United
    • Southwest
    • Spirit
    • Jet Blue
    • Virgin America
    • Air Canada
    • Alaska Air
    • Westjet
    • Hawaii Airlines
    • Allegiant

You can use (pay for ) Carnival's "HUB Internet Cafe" stuff and reach MFP as an option.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    youre on VACATION! take a break from the interwebz and enjoy!

i went on a cruise in february and had no internet except in port on my roaming (which is free for me) and it was AWESOME to be disconnected.

youll be fine. i promise.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    I was wondering the same thing because I don't want to lose my streak.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    kelbeca wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Social Media for $5 day works w/MFP on Carnival Cruise lines or do I need to purchase the internet package?

Oh I envy you!
    I signed up for a cruise with NCL Epic myself, but that isnt untill mai 2019 :neutral:

Have a wonderful holiday!
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    I was wondering the same thing because I don't want to lose my streak.

My streak ends on 9/14 when I fly to Venice to get on the ship and sail away to Greece!