Miranda's Progress thread

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I'm also interested in hearing about your caloric goals. :) I feel like there might be a day when I'll have to start counting calories (although I really don't want to). Do you feel like there's a greater likelihood of success with OMAD when paired with calorie counting, or is it something you like to do moreso to track specific nutrients? :) Just curious! <3

I lost much faster when I tracked and logged and kept to a caloric goal, but it was a LOT more involved. Being so much closer to goal weight, I'm not quite as concerned with losing quicker but it IS nice to see faster drops...
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I am still currently counting calories for my OMAD just because i am so early in the process and I really need to be in loss mode. I don't do it to the point of weighing everything (not that intense) but just the calories and amounts so i know I am pretty close.

WAY TO GO on your loss!!! You are doing amazing!!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    I'm trying to average between 1200 and 1400 per day for the week. Some days I'll go over a little, and some days I'll be under a bit. I try not to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry enough for me, but I'll be away that I have more wiggle room the following day. I've discovered if I don't track, I wind up eating way more or way under than what I'm thinking. I'm not super strict with weighing right now, but I will when/if I hit a plateau. I think I set my diary to public if anyone wants to take a look! I'm not my best with my macros, but I try. I log my vitamins in my breakfast slot, though I do take them with dinner. Just easier to keep track of.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'm also interested in hearing about your caloric goals. :) I feel like there might be a day when I'll have to start counting calories (although I really don't want to). Do you feel like there's a greater likelihood of success with OMAD when paired with calorie counting, or is it something you like to do moreso to track specific nutrients? :) Just curious! <3

It is still a calorie thing even with OMAD. I do think fasting provides a metabolic advantage but that can easily be overcome if we eat too much. I think strategies like filling up on stuff like salads, veggies, etc is still a good strategy and save the high cal stuff for last when your already a bit full so not as much is consumed. Good luck!
  • jadeblue14
    blambo61 wrote: »

It is still a calorie thing even with OMAD. I do think fasting provides a metabolic advantage but that can easily be overcome if we eat too much. I think strategies like filling up on stuff like salads, veggies, etc is still a good strategy and save the high cal stuff for last when your already a bit full so not as much is consumed. Good luck!

Exactly.
  • jadeblue14
    Down to 174 even today. Our power is still out from the storm, so I'll probably be scarce the rest of the day. Have a great Saturday, everyone.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I hope your power is back on soon!
  • jadeblue14
    What an interesting weekend. Power was out until 7ish Saturday night. So was not nearly as productive as I wanted to be. Wound up packing up the dog and heading over to my parents house since they still had power. They wanted to order out, so I had Tilapia Francese with spaghetti and a salad from an Italian place around the corner.
    Yesterday we had a birthday dinner for my dad. Home made gnocchi, home made meatballs, fresh garlic bread, and a Cesar salad. All so good.
    I got a new scale (weight guru's blue tooth. I like it so far. Tracks weight, BMI, body fat%). So I prepared myself that it might read higher than the one I was using. But I was pleasantly surprised with a 171.8 this morning. I'll take it. I know the body fat % isn't super accurate on scales, but I figured it would give me a way to see the trend, which would be nice.
    Happy Monday, everyone.
  • jadeblue14
    Had a girls night dinner last night. We made angel hair pasta (fresh!) with an olive oil, lemon, Parmesan sauce, with pan fried chicken strips and oven roasted cherry tomatoes. They also brought cheese and I am a sucker for cheese. Ate probably more than I should have, but don't regret it at all. Hit my 10k steps and then some last night, so I figure it balances out.
    Got on the scale this morning and it was 170.0! I'm so close to being out of the obese BMI for my height. I know BMIs are inaccurate, but that will still be really nice to put that behind me. That also makes it a total of 13 pounds lost so far.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Sounds like a fun time with friends! :) I am a huge fan of fresh pasta (YUM). In spite of my lactose intolerance, I just can't say no to cheese. :p

Congrats on hitting 170! Woo hoo! 13 pounds down... you are killin' it!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    You are rockin' it. LOL
  • blambo61
    Very nice on the losses. Being out of the obese category is very nice!
  • Brendalea69
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Very nice on the losses. Being out of the obese category is very nice!

I agree!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You are doing great. KUTGW - 160's here she comes!
  • jadeblue14
    Sorry for the radio silence, guys. We got hit pretty hard with that nor'easter. Our power was out for two days and the internet/tv for 4. But everything is back and operational! Which brought me right in to a crazy weekend of teaching high school kids how to do theater makeup, and then working on a web series on Sunday. Both really awesome, and super time consuming.
    This week wasn't the best for me eating wise. Being stuck in the house with no power and nothing but chips and cheese puffs to eat kind of shot Wednesday. Thursday we had dinner with my parents because we still didn't have power. Friday I took my mom to the flower show. Lots of walking, a hot dog and ice cream for dinner.
    I'm buckling back down again this week. The scale read 169.6 this morning. Which is actually a little up from the 168.8 I saw on Saturday. But I also head steak last night and that always seems to take my body longer to digest.
    I'll catch up with you all soon. Have a great week.
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Understandable! I'm sure your ready for winter to be over with, I know that I am :(
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Your gain was less than a pound so not too bad. The losses will continue to come now that you are back on track.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Glad you finally got that power back on! I'm here in Wisconsin, and our winter has been pretty rough, too. Hopefully things will get much warmer for the both of us. :)
  • blambo61
    Good to have power I'm sure. Things like that make a person think!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Glad things are getting back to normal for you.