Hello

I just started today. I started walking a week ago to really prepare for this. My big problem is breakfast I would rather just have coffee and skip it. If anyone has any ideas to help, please let me know.

Thank you,
Redbudwhite

Replies

• I just started today. I started walking a week ago to really prepare for this. My big problem is breakfast I would rather just have coffee and skip it. If anyone has any ideas to help, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Redbudwhite
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Welcome to this site. I have been a member for just a couple of weeks. It is changing and improving as followers give suggestions.
    I encourage you to click on every button and explore every nook and cranny to learn to use it properly.
    As far as breakfast goes, I would rather skip it too, except for my coffee. I shouldn't as I have Low Blood Sugar. You just have to make it a habit. I use Atkins Shakes with an extra 1/2 scoop of whey protein powder. Once you make it a habit (over a long period of time) then it will be just as kinda natural as, say, ...waking up...lol.
    Breakfast sets the trend for the day and helps to avoid the subliminal problem of overcompensating at the end of the day with overeating. I am so guilty of that. At 53 I have some major bad eating habits.
    It takes a long time to reteach your brain and body.
    Good luck and enjoy.
    nancym
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Breakfast is so important. I eat 2 hard boiled eggs in the morning 6:00 a.m and a snack by 10:00 am. It really helps me balance and it keeps me drinking my water. Good luck keep up with the walking.
  • lburns
    lburns Posts: 3
    Breakfast is tough for me too! I have tried pre portion food "stuff" like low fat yogurt, individual cottage cheese and special k breakfast bars in an emergency. I can grab and go - even if it means eating at my desk at the office. Protein works best in the AM so on the weekend I make a huge deal about breakfast and being able to have an extra cup of coffee with my husband - my favorite a single poached egg, canadian bacon (low in calories, fat and carbs) and a piece of diet wheat toasted.
  • donnag524
    donnag524 Posts: 17 Member
    I too have never been a breakfast eater. For the first month of this I had to make myself eat a Nutrigrain bar with water on my way to work. I have gradually added oatmeal, bagel w/fat free cream cheese and occasionally eggs on the weekend. Although I still don't get many calories in the am, I think it really has helped to have this little bit.