Wow - That had how few calories ?!!?

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Veggie sushi!!! 250 cal for a good sized tray!!! 350 for tuna sushi.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    [/quote]

What's Wheatbix?[/quote]
    Food from the devil itself.

• EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    jesslla wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Grilled cheeses. I can make a bomb grilled cheese for less than 200 calories.

What kind of cheese are you using? I love cheese but 2oz of cheddar for a sandwich is over 200 cals even before any bread and oil/butter to grill it in.

Not the one asked, but thought I would respond.

sw8ij4y4nm6z.png

Maybe not a "bomb" but it does the trick. Some salsa to dip it in and it hits the 200 cal mark.

@Tacklewasher Where do you get this bread? The stuff I buy is 80 calories a slice (generic bread from HEB). Do you spray the Pam on the bread or the pan? I tried it on the pan and the sandwich was so dry.

A good thing on grilled cheese is a sprinkle of onion and garlic powders right after they done cooking (or after one side is done, the powders burn easily). Add just a little salt if you want to make the flavors really pop too.

I use Sara Lee whole wheat 120 for two slice or Sara Lee Delightful, 90 calories for two slices. Depending on what I have at home I use shredded cheese or the ultra thin slices of cheddar cheese. I do add garlic and onion seasoning, but I add it on top of the cheese before cooking,

I think I'll switch to Sara Lee bread then. I know it's available here. I'll try adding the garlic powder on the inside of the bread too. Probably less messy to eat that way too.
    jesslla wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Grilled cheeses. I can make a bomb grilled cheese for less than 200 calories.

What kind of cheese are you using? I love cheese but 2oz of cheddar for a sandwich is over 200 cals even before any bread and oil/butter to grill it in.

Not the one asked, but thought I would respond.

sw8ij4y4nm6z.png

Maybe not a "bomb" but it does the trick. Some salsa to dip it in and it hits the 200 cal mark.

@Tacklewasher Where do you get this bread? The stuff I buy is 80 calories a slice (generic bread from HEB). Do you spray the Pam on the bread or the pan? I tried it on the pan and the sandwich was so dry.

A good thing on grilled cheese is a sprinkle of onion and garlic powders right after they done cooking (or after one side is done, the powders burn easily). Add just a little salt if you want to make the flavors really pop too.

I'm in Canada. Superstore. Their Blue Menu bread. It's just normal bread sliced thinner, but it works. And just their No-Name cheese slice. I've got a sandwich maker so I give each side a quick spray.

Ah. I'm in the US. No Superstore here. I do buy store brand American cheese (I prefer cheddar, but American melts better in grilled cheeses for me) and it's 70 calories a slice too.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Velveeta cheese slices are 40 calories. I've made toasted cheese with that and an Arnold's sandwich thin for 100.Pam spray and in a counter top grill. Yummy and either have tomato soup or 2 sandwiches.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Sea weeds, three packs are only 36 cal
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    edited February 2018
    crazyravr wrote: »
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    Whipped cream >:):)

No not whipped cream. A chemical lab that is Cool Whip, sure.

I don't eat that crap. Real whipped cream has 40 cals for 4 tbsp. I'd say that's pretty good. Not sure what whipped cream you use?....

Next time weight it before you whip it :) then come and tell me its 40cal for 4 tbsp.

I think you don't understand how this works. 4 tablespoons of whipping cream, whip it, divide it 4-5 ways. Voila.

Again, weight it.
    Weight it before you whip it. After you weigh it, see how heavy it is, weight whatever you eat and tell me the calories. Dont measure solid things by cups or spoons.

The calories do not change because air was added to it. I don't know if this is a communication issue or what, but I'm done.

Indeed whipping creme and cool whip are surprisingly low calories per tablespoon compared to my expectations.

I admit that my experimentation has been limited to cool whip.

But let's just say that after I double checked how many tablespoons I had logged for a tub from start to finish, the next tub I bough I weighed the whole thing before digging in, and I have subsequently logged my cool whip based on the weight of what I use @ 4.5g per tablespoon (approximately 1000ml and 300g is the content of each tub, yielding approximately 66.67 tablespoons)

Just like with peanut butter... it is surprising how much cool whip I would LIKE to include in "one" tablespoon, compared to the more correct value of 4.5g per tablespoon of cool whip :lol:
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    Star Fruit - 40 cals for a large one. I guess it's all just water?
  • Blooperss
    Blooperss Posts: 42 Member
    Good ol chicken breast. If cooked with the right ingredients, you can have a heaping amount for not a lot of calories. My favorite is mixing in some light mayo with some korean spices, giving it a good sauce to toss the chicken in. I eat it with a huge serving of steamed cabbage on the side :)

Also, don't kill me, but slim jims. 40 cals for a small stick, I eat 2-3 when I'm really craving it!

Lindy's watermelon italian ice is also amazing, clocking in at only 100 cals for a cup.

I love this thread, will definitely pick up some items that were mentioned!
  • cessi909
    cessi909 Posts: 25 Member
    Potatoes. I always thought they were the enemy in dieting, but I'm always surprised how few calories are in a whole potato compared to how filling they are. I love making a taco baked potato with ground turkey taco meat, sour cream, tomatoes, salsa, and whatever taco toppings I have around the house. They're so filling and feel indulgent for so few calories.

I agree- this is one of my favorite meals only I use Greek yougurt in place of the sour cream. So good! I also eat the entire potato
  • qandv9
    qandv9 Posts: 22 Member
    Chicken soft tacos from Taco Bell. I treat myself to these every other Tuesday. Taco Bell - Chicken Soft, 3 taco (110g) 510cal 48carb 24fat
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Blooperss wrote: »
    Good ol chicken breast. If cooked with the right ingredients, you can have a heaping amount for not a lot of calories.

Chicken breast and buffalo sauce. Could eat that 3-4 times a week. Need to find bigger bottles of sauce though.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Heinz gravy. 1/4 cup for 20 kcal. I used to use it so sparingly.. now I just pour it on!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    In Canada Wheatbix is cold cereal just like a giant shredded wheat.

I think most in the UK also have it cold.

• bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    Mushrooms !!!!

Seriously I could eat a whole bowl...... with just a tensey bit of olive oil, garlic... dash of red wine.....mmmmmmm !

Turkey bacon cooked crisp in the microwave.

• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    I second mushrooms - especially king oysters, they are HEAVEN when grilled with lemon, olive and garlic and served with parsley.
    Don't know if it has been said, but turkey ham would be the second (the traditional / homemade one, not the hyperinjected one in supermarkets). The cals (like 90-95/100g) are almost entirely from protein.