Pregnancy Settings?

Does MFP have a pregnancy setting, so we can keep track of our nutritional needs/vitamin and mineral percentages and monitor healthy weight gain? Thanks.

Replies

• ThinLegsPlease
    ThinLegsPlease Posts: 3 Member
    I don't think so. I just typed in gain weight at .5 pounds per week. Then in my third trimester I bump it up to 1. This helps me. On my second pregnancy. First started at 108 gave birth at 154. 9 months post partum 119, and now 13 weeks with baby two at 121 so it does help you stay on track. They will be 18 months apart and my goal is 110 post partum so I'll modify it to loss again in August.
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Thanks. The part I really wanted was the estimated percentages of macronutrients and vitamins/minerals, but I guess I can get those from my health care provider and enter them manually, right? I also wasn't sure if the calorie intake to gain during pregnancy is the same as calorie intake to gain without, because of all te other stuff going on in our bodies. Not like I'm going to be too concerned with actual calorie counting, but it is nice to see it all laid out: what you're getting versus what you need.
    (I'm not actually pregnant yet, but planning to start trying. Excited!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Yeah, I don't think so either. When I was pregnant the second time, I still used MFP. I logged "pregnancy" in my food diary, which adds negative calories, fat, protein, etc into your day.
  • Sbrummy88
    Sbrummy88 Posts: 1 Member
    There is a site through Spark People that is called BabyFit.com that calculates calorie and nutrient needs based on pregnancy. I have started using it, but the database is not nearly as extensive as MyFitnessPal.
  • birdiebunny
    birdiebunny Posts: 8 Member
    How did you log "pregnancy"?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    How did you log "pregnancy"?

Technically, you can search for it like a food, and there are different entries for different trimesters.

However, those are user entries, and may not be accurate or necessary. It is far better to speak to your physician about what your dietary needs are during pregnancy.
  • mitchellslaurie
    mitchellslaurie Posts: 1 Member
    This would be such a helpful feature to have! I just found out I'm pregnant (first pregnancy) and eat a mostly vegan diet, so it would be awesome to know if I'm getting enough nutrients and where I can make changes to my diet. I've lost a significant amount of weight lately for unexplained reasons and this puts my BMI in the underweight category, so I'd love to be able to track what I'm eating so I can be as healthy as possible. Come on, MFP!
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    When I was logging during my first pregnancy (6 years ago!), I set calories to maintenance for 1st tri (before pregnancy, I had been at "lose .5/week"), +.5lb/week for 2nd and +1lb per week for 3rd tri. The entire time, I was aiming for at least 100g protein per day. http://www.bradleybirth.com/diet.aspx