Halo Top now in Canada

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    This might help: https://halotop.ca/where-to-buy/

Looks like Metro, Fortino's, Loblaws, Superstore, and Valu-Mart

Out of all those I only know Loblaws. I’ll have to stop in there and stock up once the weather is a bit warmer.

Thank you for doing the legwork (finger work?) on this!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    edited March 2018
    Bought the sea salt caramel and the candy bar. Going to try candy bar tonight :smiley:
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    I was just at the Signal Hill Superstore (Calgary) and forgot to check while I was shopping, but remembered just as I was bagging my stuff...long story short I ask the customer service if they carry it and they tell me they do!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    This might help: https://halotop.ca/where-to-buy/

Looks like Metro, Fortino's, Loblaws, Superstore, and Valu-Mart

Out of all those I only know Loblaws. I’ll have to stop in there and stock up once the weather is a bit warmer.

Thank you for doing the legwork (finger work?) on this!

No problem! I was curious, too!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Hmmm I am surprised. Winnipeg Superstores have them. Brandon no, but Winnipeg yes.

Still not enough reason to go to Winnipeg this time of year. But if I could get to see a Jets game, then maybe....

(was born there)

Don't worry. I don't like Wpg either. Or the Jets, or Jennifer Jones. I am a sad excuse for a Manitoban to be honest.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    I was just at the Signal Hill Superstore (Calgary) and forgot to check while I was shopping, but remembered just as I was bagging my stuff...long story short I ask the customer service if they carry it and they tell me they do!

Did you actually see it, or did they just tell you they sell it? I still haven’t seen it. :\
  • vegmebuff
    edited March 2018

Did you actually see it, or did they just tell you they sell it? I still haven’t seen it. :\

No sorry...I asked the customer service and he told me someone returned one the other day...I hope to remember next time I'm there...probably next weekend

Maybe they were just sold out lol!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Soooo Candy Bar was good. Nothing crazy special. But Sea Salt Caramel.... Oh my that is tasty. Wish I opened that one first. Only ate about 1/6th of each one so they are going to last a while but so far 100% worth the money. They were on sale at metro too! Score.
  • crabbybrianna

No sorry...I asked the customer service and he told me someone returned one the other day...I hope to remember next time I'm there...probably next weekend

Maybe they were just sold out lol!

That’s good to hear, maybe I’ll check again, then!
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    Just checked and they are selling it in Halifax! What should I try first???

Did you actually find it, or just find it listing Halifax on the website?

Cuz it seems to be Ontario only right now. Yeah, more than the big smoke, but not much more.

@Tacklewasher It's actually here in Dartmouth, NS. I went one day and it was completely sold out but the next day there were 4 flavours available. I got the oatmeal cookie and the birthday cake one. I'm hoping candy bar will be there soon, I might check the other Superstore that is up the street to see if they have a different selection of flavours.

• susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Yes they do. It will be where you find organic dairy, almond milk etc. For now it’s metro for me

I found Halo Top in the normal ice cream section in the Superstores in Nova Scotia, so I guess it would be good to check both sections when you are at the store.
  • crabbybrianna
    edited March 2018
    ivb77pabv4gw.jpeg
    Found them. They’re in the regular ice cream aisle, and they’re pretty expensive. $7.48 is a bit much, so I only bought one for now. I’ll wait for a sale to get any more.
  • vegmebuff
    ivb77pabv4gw.jpeg
    Found them. They’re in the regular ice cream aisle, and they’re pretty expensive. $7.48 is a bit much, so I only bought one for now. I’ll wait for a sale to get any more.

I will try it...it has such a cult-like following. I must see what the fuss is all about.
    Thanks for letting us know! :)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    ivb77pabv4gw.jpeg

I will try it...it has such a cult-like following. I must see what the fuss is all about.

I have to find out too.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    I am going to Grande Prairie, AB soon and plan to try some then if we don't get it here sooner.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member

I have to find out too.

Well, yeah... it might be completely unworthy of the expense, but I have to find out for myself!
  • crabbybrianna
    I bought the oatmeal cookie one. I really like it, and will buy it again, but not for $7.48, lol! I’m also going to be buying the pancakes & waffles one, just because everyone says how gross it is. I have to see for myself.

It’s definitely not real ice cream, but it’s not at all icy like all of the other low calorie ice creams I’ve tried. It will be good for those days I’d like to eat an entire pint of ice cream without blowing 1200 calories like I used to do.
  • crabbybrianna
    I bought the oatmeal cookie one. I really like it, and will buy it again, but not for $7.48, lol! I’m also going to be buying the pancakes & waffles one, just because everyone says how gross it is. I have to see for myself.

It’s definitely not real ice cream, but it’s not at all icy like all of the other low calorie ice creams I’ve tried. It will be good for those days I’d like to eat an entire pint of ice cream without blowing 1200 calories like I used to do.

Pick up macchiato, salted carmel and vanilla. Those are the best, IMHO.

Superstore is only carrying 4 flavours. Peanut butter swirl, salted caramel, pancakes & waffles, and oatmeal cookie, so I will for sure be trying the salted caramel! If they go on sale sometime soon I’ll pick up at least one of each. Unless another store starts carrying them (I know articles stated that Co-op would carry it, but so far they aren’t), we are pretty limited as far as flavours go.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

Pick up macchiato, salted carmel and vanilla. Those are the best, IMHO.

Superstore is only carrying 4 flavours. Peanut butter swirl, salted caramel, pancakes & waffles, and oatmeal cookie, so I will for sure be trying the salted caramel! If they go on sale sometime soon I’ll pick up at least one of each. Unless another store starts carrying them (I know articles stated that Co-op would carry it, but so far they aren’t), we are pretty limited as far as flavours go.

You guys dont have Metro where you live?

Looks like they don't go further West than Thunder Bay.
  • crabbybrianna
    No Metro. I’ve actually never even heard of Metro stores until this Halo Top discussion!