Guitar/Music Instrument Practice Challenge-15 minute Intervals

Replies

• Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    March 8 - Piano 15 minutes
  • bocasdelgrandpabob
    bocasdelgrandpabob Posts: 73 Member
    Played some today. More than 15 I am sure.

Had my Little Buddy over.

That little guy likes music. What really endears that little guy to me is that he likes my music.

He dances. He will sit there on the floor legs crossed and elbows elevated. He rotates his torso and shoulders while looking at me and smiling. Look at his little feet. Are they tapping to my rhythm?

I can tell what songs he likes best.

He has good taste. His favorite is the same as what my wife's mom's was.

I play him those songs then next thing you know he is scooting towards me hands reaching for the guitar. He wants to try his hand at it.

Heh!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I haven’t been able to play at all. Ugh. Hubby is home sick for two days and needed to keep the house quiet. Hopefully I can play tomorrow.
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    March 8 - Piano 15 minutes
    March 9 - Piano 15 minutes
  • bocasdelgrandpabob
    bocasdelgrandpabob Posts: 73 Member
    Guitar 15+ possibly 30. Not in one sitting so not too traackable.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    When I was 28, (51 now), I bought an acoustic guitar on a whim. I ended up taking lessons for three years, then played it off and on over the next 10 years or so. It's been probably almost ten years since I played it. I've been getting an urge this last year to pick it back up and now I've stumbled across this thread. I'm in!

First step order a tuner and new strings..........
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Did my 15! Hubster is back to normal, almost anyway.
  • theottes
    theottes Posts: 1 Member
    Great thread, I'm in. I don't practice every day but I accept the challenge of at least 15 min a day. I play guitar and sing in a band and we play out a couple times a month and we rehearse the weeks we don't have a gig. On gig weeks I don't mind doing a lot of the roadie work as I consider it good exercise and strengthening. Also whenever I practice, I stand and move about 95% of the time as if doing a gig, this helps my comfort level on stage but again, it's good exercise. Happy fitness and playing!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Just had a 2.5 hour guitar rehearsal for my new duet. I've gigged in NYC for the past 8-10 years with my band I play double bass in but this is a new project.
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Awesome! I have some drums left from my boyfriend who passed away. I figured to hang on to so I could get into them for awhile. He played with some of the greatest musicians. BB KING, J. Geils, , Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmie Vaughan, and numerous more. His name was Tommy DeQuattro..

My condolences on his passing. Just checked out some of his live clips on YT as well..! I've been fortunate to have played with some world renowned players as well. As I say, I gave most of that up when I got married. But, I did a ton of work from 1984 - 1992. Did some after but I quickly intentionally stopped it.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Ok I’m in! I intend to replace late night snacking with late night guitar lesson from Jamplay. I play accordion too but that could get me evicted...
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    raindawg wrote: »
    When I was 28, (51 now), I bought an acoustic guitar on a whim. I ended up taking lessons for three years, then played it off and on over the next 10 years or so. It's been probably almost ten years since I played it. I've been getting an urge this last year to pick it back up and now I've stumbled across this thread. I'm in!

Tuner and strings showed up today. Re-stringing guitar and first 15 minute practice tonight. :smiley:
  • myathleteamy
    myathleteamy Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in for guitar! I'm late to the party but I guess there's no end date.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member

Tuner and strings showed up today. Re-stringing guitar and first 15 minute practice tonight. :smiley:

AWESOME!!! I am so happy that my thread helped you get playing again! Enjoy the process! Have Fun!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    I'm in for guitar! I'm late to the party but I guess there's no end date.

Awesome! Welcome to our musical party!! It is a place to start your journey and enjoy your music! :)
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
  • MaryBethHempel
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Just had a 2.5 hour guitar rehearsal for my new duet. I've gigged in NYC for the past 8-10 years with my band I play double bass in but this is a new project.

Wow! You are an accomplished musician! Please do share any tidbits of wisdom for other musicians to commit, learn, and grow in their music! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    edited March 2018
    I have been doing my 15 and yesterday started one of my guitar courses from the beginning with a checklist. I like having a guide to learning. It makes me more accountable. Anything to get me playing and learning more. :) I was so intrigued that I spent a few hours learning....I am definitely going to keep this method going.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Trumpeter checking in! I need to dust off my chops, so I will commit to at least one interval per day. Hopefully will be up to several per day before the end of the month (without too much pain)!

AWESOME!! ENJOY!! :)