Cough drops stealing my calories

When you're sick so a good 30-40 calories are going into cough drops. Seriously....that is like half a banana lol.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Try having some ginger tea instead! :)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    The last time I was sick I just ate at maintenance for most of the worst of it. I didn't so much plan it as my body demanded calories - I can't remember the last time I was so hungry! Don't worry about 30-40 calories in cough drops - you can still lose weight if you're over goal a little bit.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    make a hot toddy. more calories, but more effective and you wont be sweating 30 calories :/
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Peppermint tea?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Cough drops are evil. Only solution? Make sure you don't need them!!!! :cold_sweat:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    It's the only sugar free product I can tolerate. Go for sugar free!
  • Fizzypopization
    Fizzypopization Posts: 29 Member
    40 calories is nothing. For reals don't worry about it.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    My coworker gave me a candy spoon made of honey and candied ginger for stirring tea. As you stir it melts into the tea. Basically stirring tea with a lollipop. No clue on calories.
  • whisker1984
    whisker1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Most sugar-free cough drops contain malitol, which acts as a laxative for many people. Ask me how I know! :s:s:s

Nowadays, I spend the calories without complaint. For safety.
  • Suly09
    Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
    Thank you every one. I tried green tea and it is just as soothing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Most sugar-free cough drops contain malitol, which acts as a laxative for many people. Ask me how I know! :s:s:s

Nowadays, I spend the calories without complaint. For safety.

How many cough drops do you have in a day for that to be a problem? I'm sensitive to that stuff but I've never had an issue even taking one every 2-3 hours.

• sarahEA88
    sarahEA88 Posts: 15 Member
    That was me in January. I hit 110 calories one day (I ran a lot of meetings that day). I agree with the tea suggestions. Peppermint tea was my go to. I also tried the hot toddy method, but doubled down on cinnamon. Hot Cinnamon Spice tea (Harney and Sons) and Fireball. I don't know if it helped, but I felt better. ;)