Vacation Bulking

I'm leaving in 3.5 weeks for vacation (6.5 months into this bulk). When I booked this vacation months ago, I worked my programming around that week being a deload week, so I'm not worried about lifting. The hotel gym is actually pretty decent for this purpose also.

My issue is with supplementation. I'm pretty sure I can't take my creatine with me on the plane, though. I hadn't really thought that part through before. Any suggestions?

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    1. Check it into your luggage, don't bring it in your carry on bag.

2. Don't worry about it, it's a vacation and not the end of the world.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »

What he said. BTW have fun on vacation! I am going to Cancun next month for a week and plan on just lightly lifting, walking everywhere and just enjoying myself. :)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »

I guess I just feel weird about transporting white powder LOL
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    How long are you on vacation for? Would the hotel be okay with you mailing it to them and holding at the desk until you arrive?
  • Davidsdottir
    How long are you on vacation for? Would the hotel be okay with you mailing it to them and holding at the desk until you arrive?

I'm going for a week, but it's to Mexico, so shipping it is kinda out of the question.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Do you really need the creatine for that week? I don't know what it does exactly or what happens if you stop taking it.
  • Davidsdottir
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Do you really need the creatine for that week? I don't know what it does exactly or what happens if you stop taking it.

Honestly, I have no idea.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member

I'm going for a week, but it's to Mexico, so shipping it is kinda out of the question.

darn! Well, if you do take it, take just enough and have it in a company sealed container- bottle or pouch or whatever. And toss whatever you don't use- open powder may be a red flag on a plane.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

Honestly, I have no idea.

Can you get it in pill form ? That would be neat. Oh even protein in pill form would be nice. Pop 10-20 and you are good to go :D
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm leaving in 3.5 weeks for vacation (6.5 months into this bulk). When I booked this vacation months ago, I worked my programming around that week being a deload week, so I'm not worried about lifting. The hotel gym is actually pretty decent for this purpose also.

My issue is with supplementation. I'm pretty sure I can't take my creatine with me on the plane, though. I hadn't really thought that part through before. Any suggestions?

Go with the tablets.
    Get the small bottle from ON/GNC.

Or get a small 100g bulk pack from Amazon and plan to chunk it.

I certainly wouldn't plan for air travel to mexico with an unlabeled bag or bottle of white powder.
  • stanmann571

darn! Well, if you do take it, take just enough and have it in a company sealed container- bottle or pouch or whatever. And toss whatever you don't use- open powder may be a red flag on a plane.

It may or may not be, but if it's questioned, that's a conversation you probably don't want.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    If it's only a week, I either would get a small bottle in pill form or just skip a week and get back on track when you get home. I went to Mexico for a month recently and just skipped it. No harm done.
  • Davidsdottir
    Okay, I think I'll get the capsules. It's $8 for a bottle of 100 at Vitamin Shoppe...the label says to take 3-5 pills a day. Bleh!
  • stanmann571
    That seems like either too many or not enough.

The ON bottle I have is 4 pills for 5 grams
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just didn't worry about it when I went to Belize last week.

I'm reloading my creatine this week.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member

I have a vacation in April, I will not be tracking macros or bringing any supplements. I am on a vacation for a reason and that is to do what I want without overthinking. I will be training on the cruise, but I'll be doing like you and simply use it as a deload week.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member

I would do this if I opt'd to continue with it.

Honestly unless you have a meet or something in the near future, I wouldnt stress if you weren't taking creatine for a week, especially if it's a low stress deload opposed to.a high intensity one.

Just take normal 5g daily dosage when you get back and you'll be fine. With you fatigue lowered your fitness will be higher and you shouldn't notice a huge difference.
  • Davidsdottir
    Thanks, guys! I'm going to pick up a bottle of capsules and not over think it anymore.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Please don’t waste money buying new creative to take on holiday. Unless you’re an elite level athlete just enjoy yourself and start the creatine again when you get home.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    I researched creatine pills at one point and concluded they were less effective than creatine monohydrate. May be thinking about a different type of creatine pill though!