Carbonated drinks?

vm007
vm007 Posts: 241 Member
Hi,

Is it harmful in any way that I drink a lot of following in a day ?

1 coffee with 1 cream in morning
1 red bull/monster/rockstar in after noon (0-10 cals) (as in either 1 of them not all three)
1 red bull/monster/rockstar in evening (0-10 cals)

Caffeine content ranges from 130-160 mg .

Sometimes another 0 calories vitamin water or Fresco

Thing is that- I always thought these drinks were devil's reincarnation and never drank them since I learned that there is nothing wrong with them I've started consuming them and I want to try all of them but since I'm on a cut - I'm trying everything that's 0 calories lol

Any side effects of them?

TIA

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Depends on how sensitive you are to caffeine. That's fairly close to the FDA recommended limit for daily caffeine intake, which is 400 mg. Some doctors think that most adults can tolerate more than that; some people are more sensitive to it and can tolerate less.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Caffeine side effects, you mean?
  • vm007
    Side effects of anything that I'm consuming- anything else in the drink that I don't know about that could or may have an adverse affect on my well being?
  • vm007
    edited March 2018
    You may also want to consider the amount of sugar in the RedBull/ Monster/ Rockstar drinks. a Redbull has 10g sugar, so two of those a day plus sugar in your coffee already put you pretty close to the maximum amount of added sugar. Even if you're drinking the sugar free varieties, there are some studies to suggest that artificial sweeteners can lead to weight gain.

umm what? cals are less than 10 max is 30 for the Peach tea variant monster. Why would I gain weight when my cals are in deficit?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    vm007 wrote: »
    You may also want to consider the amount of sugar in the RedBull/ Monster/ Rockstar drinks. a Redbull has 10g sugar, so two of those a day plus sugar in your coffee already put you pretty close to the maximum amount of added sugar. Even if you're drinking the sugar free varieties, there are some studies to suggest that artificial sweeteners can lead to weight gain.

umm what? cals are less than 10 max is 30 for the Peach tea variant monster. Why would I gain weight when my cals are in deficit?

Right? Hippo’s reply is nonsense. I’d be worried about the caffeine, too much caffeine gives me heart palpitations and trouble sleeping at night.
  • vm007
    vm007 wrote: »

Right? Hippo’s reply is nonsense. I’d be worried about the caffeine, too much caffeine gives me heart palpitations and trouble sleeping at night.

I get nothing like that also I don't get much burst of energy either from Caffeine lol -I just drink it because I get bored sometimes and 0 calories and something to go along with my protein bar passes time lol