Not loosing weight

Hi .. I am totally disappointed now ! Feels like giving up everything!! I joined boxing classes in Jan hoping to loose weight . I weigh around 140 lbs approximately 64 kgs.i followed a diet for 3 months . After 1st month I lost around a kg. Then I did not see any difference in my weight . I worked out each and every single day without giving up . I stopped eating outside food . I don’t eat any junk too ..feels so domotivated.why is it happening ! Any idea

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Hi .. I am totally disappointed now ! Feels like giving up everything!! I joined boxing classes in Jan hoping to loose weight . I weigh around 140 lbs approximately 64 kgs.i followed a diet for 3 months . After 1st month I lost around a kg. Then I did not see any difference in my weight . I worked out each and every single day without giving up . I stopped eating outside food . I don’t eat any junk too ..feels so domotivated.why is it happening ! Any idea

Weight loss or gain comes down to calories. If you aren't losing weight, you are eating more calories than your body is using.

At 140 lbs, you probably don't have much to lose, so set your goal here to lose no more than 1 lb per week. Log your food accurately and consistently, log your exercise and eat back at least some of those calories, and be patient. You won't lose weight every week - you're looking for a trend over time.
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    I know how you feel! Keep working on it - track what you are eating and see if it helps.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    xervs74uae02.jpg
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    To lose weight you must burn more calories than you consume. Calories consumed is eating and is pretty easy to track with a food scale and MFP. Calories out is typically exercise which is very hard to calculate and takes a ton of energy and time to burn a lot of calories. I'd focus on the easier part of the equation first and focus less on all the working out if you're spinning your wheels. The good news is, you don't have to cut out certain foods in order to meet your calories consumed goal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    You didn't mention if you've been counting calories. Have you been logging your food on here as accurately as possible (i.e. using a food scale)?
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited May 2018
    fb47 wrote: »

That's because you have probably been given bad information. Will not eating junk food make you lose weight? It can, but it's not a guarantee. Can eating "healthy food" guarantee weight loss? No. Will "X" diet directly make me lose weight? No.

One thing you need for weight loss is to eat less than you burn. For example, if I take my situation, my TDEE (calories I burn every day) is around 3000 calories per day. That means if I eat 3000 calories each day, my weight will stay the same. If I decide to eat 2500 calories regardless of the food I eat, I will lose weight. If I decide to eat 3500 calories each day, I will gain weight because I am eating over the 3000 calories I burn daily.

Food doesn't matter when it comes to weight loss, calories only matter. Naturally, you want most of your food to be healthy with nutritional values, but if you fit a chocolate bar in your diet, it's not a bad thing if your bases are already covered. As long as your in a caloric deficit, you will still lose weight.

Most important thing to know is to weigh your food, this part is very important. You shouldn't be guessing at all. Unless you have years of tracking macros, estimating is the worst thing you can do.

This is so true talking about calories. You can have junk food if you want but have to watch your calorie intake. You need to log and track everything. If a burger is 500 calories, then have half at 250 calories or a quarter of a burger at 125 calories with a side salad or something else. Everything is fine in moderation as long as you stay within your calorie intake. You can workout as much as you want but if you ingest more calories than you burn, you will not lose weight.