Kitten and woo?

Suly09
Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
What body part is the kitten that everyone here refers too or what is it?
Also, is woo good or bad?

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    But yes, Woo is supposed to mean "to good to be true" which I don't think many people have heard it used like that.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    *kitten* is the profanity filter at work.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    edited March 2018
    This is a copy and paste of when they introduced the Woo option by MFP staff member Nova (a lot of people use it more as an astonishment versus the negative intention MFP had). As mentioned it was something the MFP members voted on ... :

NovaNova MFP Staff
    June 26, 2017 5:50PM edited January 13 in MFP News & Announcements
    Hey folks!!

Thank you to everyone who participated in our poll for a new reaction. We had a very clear winner.

The winning vote goes to... Woo!

Since Woo is a different type of reaction than anything we've enabled in the past, we're going to start this off in beta mode.

In our community Woo means that you think an idea or approach is too good to be true.
    We hope you enjoy the new reaction!!

:heart: The MFP Community Team
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    *kitten* is the profanity filter at work.

Damn and Hell are allowed, other english profanities are not, although I haven't seen anybody try merde.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I've decided to start woo'ing more posts. People need more encouragement than ever.
  • Suly09
    I am still very confused about the kitten. I have seen it used in a sentence in many ways.. "What did the kitten weigh today?"
    "How is the kitten doing?"
    "I like the kitten."
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Kitten is code for curse word. F---, B----, etc. :wink:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    curse words get filtered on this site - it used to just show up as ***** but a few years ago they made it *kitten* as an april fools joke, people liked it, so it stuck.

when woo was originally instated it had two meanings - too good to be true, or woohoo. You used it whichever way was applicable. Then they changed it to only mean too good to be true. And lots of people still use it as woohoo anyways, and new people often use it however they want since it has a pretty confusing meaning. Don't overthink woos, IMO too many people are driving themselves crazy over the woo button
  • Suly09
    But why would someone say, 'What did the "B...." weigh today? Lol, it just doesn't make sense. Maybe I am overthinking it.
  • Suly09
    curse words get filtered on this site - it used to just show up as ***** but a few years ago they made it *kitten* as an april fools joke, people liked it, so it stuck.

when woo was originally instated it had two meanings - too good to be true, or woohoo. You used it whichever way was applicable. Then they changed it to only mean too good to be true. And lots of people still use it as woohoo anyways, and new people often use it however they want since it has a pretty confusing meaning. Don't overthink woos, IMO too many people are driving themselves crazy over the woo button

Thank you this answers all my questions about the Woo.
  • Suly09
    :#:D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Suly09 wrote: »
    "I like the kitten."

* friend request expedited
  • whhuynh90
    whhuynh90 Posts: 33 Member
    you gotta be kitten me