Chicken....

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Buffalo wing sauce. Or Franks Red Hot.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Dry rub a packet of taco seasoning on them and bake. Also bake some sliced up bell peppers seasoned with salt and pepper. Pile some rinsed and drained black beans on a plate, then roasted bell peppers, then some of the chicken cut into small pieces, top with about an ounce of cheddar. Makes for a flavorful salad style plate
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    edited March 2018
    cut them in half (to make them thin) spread 1/2-2/3 of a wedge of laughing cow cheese wedge on each (I use swiss) then sprinkle the top with bread crumbs. And bake. Its so yummy, my husband and kids love them. Im making it tonight actually. its like lazy chicken cordon Bleu. I have also put a slice of ham on the chicken then spread the cheese on that, but I like it better without the ham.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Chicken & Vegetable Curry
    Seasoned Chicken with roasted vegetables
    Chicken Salad with dressing of choice
    Chicken Omelette
    Chicken & Mushroom Casserole
    Chicken Stirfry with spiralised veg or noodles
    Shredded Chicken sandwich
    Crispy Chicken (made using instant mashed potato powder and some garlic/chilli salt)
    Chicken Kebabs

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited March 2018
    Jerk seasoning.
    Lemon and garlic
    Morrocan style with harissa
    Grilled in pitta bread with salad
    In fat free cream cheese with pasta
    Stir fried with you choice of veggies
    Flatten, pan fried served with salsa
  • shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    I like making marinades for chicken breast. This one is a particular favourite: https://www.momontimeout.com/the-best-chicken-marinade-recipe/

That's exactly the kinda thing I'm looking for, thank you!
  • shazland
    brembimae wrote: »
    I used to run into the same problem. I just use different seasonings. I love the slap ya mama seasoning, the mccormicks montreal chicken and steak, or try marinading it.

"slap ya mama lol" I don't think we have that here in the UK but it sounds good!
  • shazland
    Thanks all! I use alot of chicken because I find it easier to keep the calories down (I'm trying to lose not maintain). When I start adding tasty things in the cals start rocking up and before I know it I'm over. Thanks for the marinade Ideas!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    shazland wrote: »
    I like making marinades for chicken breast. This one is a particular favourite: https://www.momontimeout.com/the-best-chicken-marinade-recipe/

That's exactly the kinda thing I'm looking for, thank you!

Yeah but see, if you're going to use 1/2 cup of oil in marinade, might as well make chicken thighs and just use some seasoning on them, lol.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Lemon Pepper seasoning...
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2018
    My current favourite is chicken salsa. I use a jar of Doritos hot salsa poured over a chicken breast on a bed of leeks, peppers, courgette, and lots of juicy open-cup mushrooms. Shove it all in the oven for 40 minutes and top with half-fat creme fraiche. Comes in around 380 calories. I'm a volume-eater for preference, so I serve mine over 300g of whole green beans. Makes a huge bowlful.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Skinny Taste Korean Grilled Chicken Breast (can easily be made in a skillet if you don't have a grill)

Skinny Taste Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu

Simmer chunks with some tikka masala or favorite curry sauce, add some cauliflower and spinach
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    I cook a lot of chicken breasts. They are not the most exciting but they please everyone in the house, I can buy huge packs of them and they are in my cooking wheelhouse...
    Marinate and grill (so many marinade options out there!)
    Season with whatever spices you like and bake them in the oven. Last night they were seasoned with salt, pepper, basil,oregano and baked with lemon and onion
    Throw them in the crockpot with a jar of salsa and shred it up for tacos
    Crockpot with a bottle of bbq says and serve as sandwiches
    Bread them and make chicken fingers, chicken parm ect...
    Stir fry
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    I eat chicken every day.. love it

an easy one: rub chicken with tandoori seasoning, salt & a little oil, skewer it with onions, and grill
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Breast is too much protein vs too little fat and quite bland if not well prepared, so I usually go for thighs. However, when I don't, a rich gorgonzola sauce is really making it pop and it's super easy to prepare (or to find in most restaurant menus).
  • meganhirschi
    meganhirschi Posts: 18 Member
    Salt pepper granulated garlic onion powder herb de provence a little evoo
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    -Chicken cobb salad

-Shredded into an egg white omelette with a little cheese on top and steamed broccoli

-Chicken, steamed sweet potato and pancake syrup (sugar free, if you prefer) on top. Sound insane, but it's seriously one of my favorite guilt-free comfort food meals. I spice it up with Gilroy's seasoning or crushed red pepper. It's sweet, spicy, meaty, carby, uhh so good.

-Shred it with some salsa or taco sauce, and eat with shredded cabbage on mini tortillas. Side of roast corn on the cob or black beans.

-Chicken tortilla soup. Throw a can of crushed tomatoes, drained corn, drained black beans, garlic, salt, pepper, salsa and a few cups of chicken stock in a CrockPot over cooked shredded chicken and slow cook on low for a few hours. serve over a handful of crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream.
  • allisonmacdougall
    allisonmacdougall Posts: 2 Member
    Here are a few that my family enjoys… I modify to suit our preferences, but these are the base recipes. Good luck!

Chicken Quinoa Soup: https://damndelicious.net/2018/01/19/chicken-and-quinoa-tortilla-soup/
    Chicken & broccoli in spaghetti squash: https://reciperunner.com/cheesy-chicken-broccoli-stuffed-spaghetti-squash/
    Roasted tomatoes with chicken breast: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chicken-with-herb-roasted-tomatoes-and-pan-sauce-51108240 (sub italian seasoning for the herb de prvence if you’re not a fan like me!)
    Chicken quinoa casserole: https://pinchofyum.com/easy-mexican-chicken-quinoa-casserole
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,122 Member
    Chicken is so versatile - a google search of chicken dishes will give you tons of ideas. I eat chicken all the time and I don't get tired of it because I use it in so many different things - it's not just a plain chicken breast.
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Poach it and pull it. BBQ or otherwise. A different texture.