Chicken....

13»

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    my entire fridge door is filled with various sauces and my cupboard is filled with various spices just to keep chicken breast more interesting. It's such a neutral taste you can really do anything you want with it, there's no reason for it to be boring.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    I season mine with multiple flavors of Mrs. Dash and grill it on the George Foreman. Then I like to take 1TBS medium picante sauce (7cal) and 1 TBS low fat sour cream (20 cal) and mix them together and use them as a dip for the chicken breast.
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    I also tend to eat a lot of chicken breast when on a cut as I find higher protein foods more satiating and it’s got great macros.
    There has been loads of great recipe ideas already mentioned I just wanted to add that brining in salt water is a great technique for tender chicken breasts, I don’t cook chicken breast anymore without brining first!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    shazland wrote: »
    I'm facing another night of chicken breasts. Has anyone got any ideas of what to do with them (healthy low cal of course) Thanks all!

Not my favourite part of the chicken. Chicken legs or drumsticks are so much tastier.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    What veggies are in your fridge?
    What do you have around for “sides” - pasta, rice, potato?

With fettuccini noodles and Alfredo sauce.

Pounded flat, breaded, and baked.

With mushrooms and spaghetti sauce reduced with a bit of wine. Serve with crusty bread.

Sliced thin and stir fried with baby Bok Choy and thin sliced carrots. Soy sauce and five spice.

Low fat butter chicken and rice.

Diced as a chicken shepherds pie using cream of celery soup and peas.
  • shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    cut them in half (to make them thin) spread 1/2-2/3 of a wedge of laughing cow cheese wedge on each (I use swiss) then sprinkle the top with bread crumbs. And bake. Its so yummy, my husband and kids love them. Im making it tonight actually. its like lazy chicken cordon Bleu. I have also put a slice of ham on the chicken then spread the cheese on that, but I like it better without the ham.

Going to make this tonight! Thanks :-)
  • shazland
    toxikon wrote: »
    Butter chicken is my default when I'm sick of chicken. Butter chicken makes everything better.

Cool - How d'you make it?
  • spencermitsch
    spencermitsch Posts: 12 Member
    https://www.recipetineats.com/mexican-shredded-chicken/

chicken in adobo tomato sauce. the oil step is optional as she notes in the introduction. Very tasty
  • shazland
    I also tend to eat a lot of chicken breast when on a cut as I find higher protein foods more satiating and it’s got great macros.
    There has been loads of great recipe ideas already mentioned I just wanted to add that brining in salt water is a great technique for tender chicken breasts, I don’t cook chicken breast anymore without brining first!

I've never heard of this but I'M definitely going to try it!! Thanks for the tip..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Like others have mentioned, try different cuisines.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I don't use chicken breasts. I use the skinless boneless thighs. They're fattier but there's a big enough flavor and texture difference for me to choose them.

I just bake them with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika. 400 for 15 minutes.

You can add any side dish you like, hot or cold, or even put them into a tossed salad.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    I use all kinds of spices and spice mixes. A lemon juice/rosemary marinade is good. Cook with or top with tapenades, or cook in oven in a foil pouch with whatever tickles your fancy (mushrooms, various spices, other veggies, poblano peppers....).

Get creative, chicken breast is fairly mild so actually pairs well with a very wide variety of things. Last night I enjoyed some as a base for achar (spicy indian pickles).