Poll: Do you shower every day?

Replies

• dunkind45
    dunkind45 Posts: 110 Member
    No, sometimes I will skip a day here and there. Exercise days I absolutely have to though.
  • DJStewart812
    DJStewart812 Posts: 50 Member
    Only before and after sex so everyday hahaha
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Every couple days for me, unless I did something stinky or my legs are too jumpy before bed. I only wash my hair every 3 or 4 days as well. I tend to get really irritated skin if I over wash, and I've been blessed with low sweating and not overactive oil glands. My daughter on the other hand.... needs a shower at least once, sometimes more every day.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Usually Sunday through Friday once per day, and usually not on Saturday. I figured that since I didn't answer in my earlier post I should demonstrate the effectiveness of a 180 years ago zealot.
  • Jenna2315
    Jenna2315 Posts: 614 Member
    Yes...& my hair is super long so I have to wash it every day. I also just love having a relaxing shower before the day begins :)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    I shower nearly every day - occasionally have a pyjama day at home where i dont bother and occasionally shower again in evening if going out to dinner or something after hectic or sporty day.
    I wash my hair alternate days and wear shower cap on the other days.

If power outage, (relatively common occurence here) I get by with a sponge wash

I am one of those grimy people mentioned upthread who shower in the morning and not before bed. :)
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Yes always. I always shower in the morning and always shower at night after I work out. I don’t workout every day but on the days I do, i shower. I’m also a big bathtub soaker and do that a few nights a week too.
    I only wash my hair twice a week though.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Yes
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    I shower every day but try to go at least two if not three days between washing my hair. The more you wash it the more oil your scalp will produce.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited March 2018
    For me it's baths, not showers. Roughly 45 minutes every single day of life. It's how I relax, wake up, etc. Hugely important to me!

Maybe 2X per year I shower - only when I stay in a hotel with no tub.

Since a lot of people addressed hair washing frequency...I wash my hair about 5X per week. I washed it every single day for decades but all the negative press on that has me working on NOT washing daily. Honestly I don't see that it makes that much of a difference. I skip about 2 days per week and then use cleansing conditioner instead of shampoo/conditioner on 2 days. In the summer though when it's very hot & humid, I just wash it daily.
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    I prefer baths
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Every other day when I don't exercise. I work at a desk job, I don't break a sweat.

Now that I am running though, I tend to take one after my run because I feel all gross.
  • sylvahiker
    sylvahiker Posts: 588 Member
    Yes. Sometimes twice a day if I get really sweaty
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Yes and during the summer I shower sometimes 2x-3x/day because the gym I train in has NO A/C :neutral: and our house only has 1 window A/C. I wash my hair 2-3x/week
  • 2Legit2QuitTx
    2Legit2QuitTx Posts: 322 Member
    Every day unless I know I’ll be doing something physical early the next morning.
    If that’s the case than I’ll wait till I’ve done it (yard work, working out, working on the car) and then shower
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    Daily showers are an absolute necessity! Minimum once daily, more if I work out, or change clothes from work to going out. I do not shampoo my hair daily though-it would get too dry. I co-wash twice per week and shampoo once per week, more for very sweaty workouts or hot summer weeks.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yep, daily, in the evening. I'm lazy in the morning and I also feel disgusting when I don't sleep clean. When it tends to get hot or super-extra (we have 40c periods in summer), it's another 1-2 5-minute showers.
    Hair washing is another story, mine's pretty dry so I just wash it 2 times per week and pin it up the rest of time time.