Guitar/Music Instrument Practice Challenge-15 minute Intervals

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey there, Mary Beth. Just found this thread. I'm dusting off my keyboard. Haven't played in over a year! And I'm gonna look out my guitar as well. This is just the impetus I need for Spring.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Just did my accordion 25. Learning the waltz from The Long Day by Tariverdiev, quite a haunting tune
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Another 60 minutes of Jamming out to backing tracks through my headphones. Fingers are getting pretty sore! :D:s<3

My fingers are sore too...but I didn't go 60 minutes! Awesome!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Another 60 minutes of Jamming out to backing tracks through my headphones. Fingers are getting pretty sore! :D:s<3

My fingers are sore too...but I didn't go 60 minutes! Awesome!

I haven't played my electrics in a while so the finger callouses aren't the same as needed for my acoustic strumming. They're coming back though. :-)
  • dwalms
    dwalms Posts: 10 Member
    Are we recording the minutes anywhere. I have not touched my guitar in 2 months This is the motivation I need PUSH ME!!!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    dwalms wrote: »
    Are we recording the minutes anywhere. I have not touched my guitar in 2 months This is the motivation I need PUSH ME!!!

There's no time like the present!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited March 2018
    So I came on here over an hour ago, and read your posts. I went up and found the lead for my keyboard, plugged it in, and have been practicing ever since. First hour's practice since I can't remember when! And boy! Do I need it! So I have been doing finger exercises and tried Greensleeves. Not good, but improving.

Also found my guitar, but my fingers are too stiff after the keyboard. I will stick with that for the minute. At least it's a start! Yee hay!

Week 1: Wednesday - 60 minute keyboard practice
  • MaryBethHempel
    So I came on here over an hour ago, and read your posts. I went up and found the lead for my keyboard, plugged it in, and have been practicing ever since. First hour's practice since I can't remember when! And boy! Do I need it! So I have been doing finger exercises and tried Greensleeves. Not good, but improving.

Also found my guitar, but my fingers are too stiff after the keyboard. I will stick with that for the minute. At least it's a start! Yee hay!

Week 1: Wednesday - 60 minute keyboard practice

Awesome! Sounds like you enjoyed yourself and that is what music is about! :) Welcome!
  • MaryBethHempel
    dwalms wrote: »

Go for it!!!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Hey there, Mary Beth. Just found this thread. I'm dusting off my keyboard. Haven't played in over a year! And I'm gonna look out my guitar as well. This is just the impetus I need for Spring.

Hi Terri!! Welcome! Have some fun!!! You deserve it!!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    I have done my daily practicing and still taking my course...I just love it!! I am learning so much and this next week I am going to seriously start on playing more songs to build up my repertoire. Enjoy your weekend and your music!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    I am my instructor's live teaching!! He is great and thought that I would share!
    Understanding HOW Chords Match! LIVE Webcast Join Us Now (Giveaways) www.YourGuitarSage.com/LIVE #yourguitarsage #giveaway
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,453 Member
    Did my 1/2 of practice this afternoon. I am new to this challenge and hope to make every day if not then every other
  • MaryBethHempel
    Did my 1/2 of practice this afternoon. I am new to this challenge and hope to make every day if not then every other

YAY! :)
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,453 Member
    My plan for today is to keep trying A Horse With No Name only 2 chords needed for return student been a verrrrrry long time but my husband says I sound pretty good he wants to know when my concert is lol have a good day
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Thank you for that lovely bit of music, @Egger29 ! It was really enjoyable to listen to. I wish I had the drive to do everything needed to get into guitar, but wind instruments and some percussion tend to be more my thing.