What do you listen to /watch while working out?

chrissy201509
chrissy201509 Posts: 24 Member
edited March 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I usually watch something while I work out and it helps me workout longer! Any other suggestions ?
Only 15 more pounds to go!

Replies

• gambit8674
    gambit8674 Posts: 3 Member

I can't watch anything while working out. I get too sidetracked. But I alternate between hip-hop and metal. Gives me a little boost.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Sometimes I have music videos on in the background, but I'm not watching them, maybe in between sets.. or unless I'm doing steady cardio.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    If I tried to watch something, I'd trip.

On the trainer, I would have Hulu or Netflix going. Nothing subtitled, I can't read while trying to hit specific wattages.

On the streets, Ive got an array of mp3s on a SanDisk clip - dnb, metal, classic rock - for running.
    Biking, I'll stash my phone in a jersey pocket and usually play my discover weekly Spotify playlist.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Lately I've been listening to old-time radio shows I've downloaded to my phone from archive.org. My favorites are "Have Gun, Will Travel", "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar", "Nick Carter, Master Detective", "The Shadow", and "X Minus One".
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    When I hit the street I hit Spotify All out 80s. Yep, gotta take me back to Jr/high school with the tunes. Sometimes I'll get some 90s too.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Depends on my mood and what I'm doing. Usually it's some form of EDM. I like a good beat to move to.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    I'm big on Hollywood Undead right now. Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed. Anything heavy and angry.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Music.

Today was "Alice in Chains".
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yoga pants >:)
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Right now I'm obsessed with the Black Panther album by Kendrick Lamar <3
  • toshjohn30
    toshjohn30 Posts: 7 Member
    Okiludy wrote: »
    Music - punk, metal, or rap.

Today-
    Lift Me Up - Five Finger Death Punch
    War is the Answer - FFDP
    Blackened - Metallica
    The Frayed Ends of Sanity - Metallica
    Down With the Sickness - Disturbed
    F**ck with Dre Day - Dr. Dre
    Mouth for War - Pantera
    In da Club - 50 Cents
    Not Afraid - Eminem
    Party Up - D.M.X.
    Jesus Built My Hotrod - Ministry
    Redneck - Lamb of God
    Mother - Danzig

You get the picture. I like lifting angry as rest of day I'm a big teddy bear.

Nice selection, Okiludy!
    I also prefer to get my exercise done while rocking an angry playlist. One of my favorite playlists right now inculdes 5FDP, Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones, In This Moment, and Rage Against the Machine. Sometimes I have to check myself though because I get a little caught up in the music, and moshing in the gym is probably frowned upon :smile:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I run outside, streets and roads. No headphones or music for me. I take in all the sounds. I listen for traffic, watch cars and other people, and spend that time ‘unplugged’. My only electronic is the garmin on my wrist. I don’t take my phone.

Even those times I’m forced to a treadmill, I don’t use headphones. I like to watch people. They’re interesting when they think no one is watching.

I guess I’m old fashioned as it comes to that. Birds, dogs, wind, car horns.... all part of my run.

This! I’m old fashioned too! I would have missed the bald eagle, last week, perched high.
  • bobbiestokes1
    bobbiestokes1 Posts: 4 Member
    I fast walked 3 miles and watched friends
  • mamashakesit
    mamashakesit Posts: 31 Member
    I don't think I could read or watch TV while I'm working out, although I was on an elliptic that stared right at the TV today, so I did read a bit of the CC on the school shooting.

I like an eclectic mix of music, so long as it's mostly uptempo. Usually iTunes on shuffle...today I ran across Rage, Van Morrison, Cage the Elephant, Etta James, the Cars, Howlin' Wolf (surprisingly good workout music), System of a Down, Hendrix...to name a few.

I have always loathed running, but suddenly took to running 45 minutes on the treadmill (usually close to 4 miles) about twice a week. I have yet to run outside; it's too icy here anyhow, but I'm going to be quite self conscience about it, I imagine. But if (when) I do, I wonder if I will want the headphones on, or if I will be like the previous posters who like to listen to the sounds of nature. When I hike, I find music very disruptive; when I go out for a neighborhood walk, I like it.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Drake.
    Coheed and Cambria
    Slipknot
    Disturbed
    The offspring
    Theory of a deadman
    Wiz kalifa
    Dj khaleed
    Jeez
    Lil Wayne
    Korn
    System of a down
    Jay Z
    Rag n bone man

List goes on.
  • raiders34
    raiders34 Posts: 42 Member
    Tupac and anything from 90’s even 80’s R&b, listen to it all however I’m feeling that day. Also depends on the weather. Lol
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Outside: Nothing.

Indoor bike: Podcasts, either work or fitness related.

Treadmill, easy run=More podcasts.

Treadmill, structured workout=Music with an appropriate cadence.

Race warm-up=Music. Current list includes Bruno Mars, Snoop Dogg, Metallica, Pharrell, random 80’s techno.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    For machine cardio recently I watched Wynonna Earp, Deadwood, new episodes of Blacklist as they come up, all kinds.