Alex's Big Fat Omad Extravaganza

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I don't drink the ACV so I can't help you out with that :/ You are doing great so far :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Mmmm beef and broccoli! Now that is something I haven't had in awhile. Glad the ACV in water worked out for you.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    ACV- I usually only use this for cooking. What are the benefits?
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    ACV- I usually only use this for cooking. What are the benefits?

The acetic acid suppresses your appetite, increases your metabolism, and reduces water retention.
  • aleroache20
    Day 7 - OMAD was 2 Greek Pork Souvlaki skewers, greek salad, tazatziki and half a pita. Also had a 1/2 cups of fries.

Felt really tired yesterday. Had an early night. 7 days down. It's getting easier.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm so happy it's getting easier -- you're doing great!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    That is great! Keep it up!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    So proud of you...you've got this
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Congrats on the consistency!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    I tried ACV for the first time last night, I mixed 2 table spoons with 12 oz of tart cherry juice. It tasted like non alcoholic wine, and I feel great this morning!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I drank my ACV with water last night and had a 2.4 pound whoosh. I don't know if it was the ACV or not but I will definitely keep doing it. The two days I didn't drink it this week I had gains.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    7 days of consistency is a huge win!
  • aleroache20
    Thank you everyone for your kinds words and support!
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    I drank my ACV with water last night and had a 2.4 pound whoosh. I don't know if it was the ACV or not but I will definitely keep doing it. The two days I didn't drink it this week I had gains.

I've just read up on the 'whoosh' phenomenon - didn't know such a thing existed! Well done, Tracey!
  • aleroache20
    Today was a bit of challenge. A morning meeting turned into a lunch meeting and I ended eating something that wasn't the healthiest. :/:/

How do you guys deal with a situation like that? Is it better to extend your fast?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2018
    Usually I would just make that meal my OMAD, If you didn't eat that much at lunch maybe you could have a salad tonight.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Usually I would just make that meal my OMAD, If you didn't eat that much at lunch maybe you could have a salad tonight.

Ditto. I find that I either need to decide right then and there that it will be my OMAD and make sure I eat enough, or I will have to accept that I will need to eat again if I get hungry. When I was eating OMAD and a snack later because I wasn't eating enough, the snack was usually a piece of fruit and/or a couple of tablespoons of sunflower seeds/trail mix. Sometimes I would have a Greek yogurt. Just something small to take the edge off but not destroy my progress.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Today was a bit of challenge. A morning meeting turned into a lunch meeting and I ended eating something that wasn't the healthiest. :/:/

How do you guys deal with a situation like that? Is it better to extend your fast?

I've tried to eat salads if I have to eat lunch. I figure that is the least damaging.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    If I am in a situation like that I would choose a low carb salad to try to stay on track. One day last week I was starving, just starving. I went to our cafeteria and made a salad with low carb items. I was fine after that. And it was weird because I have been doing OMAD since Feb.
  • aleroache20
    edited March 2018
    Britt & Brenda - I did just that. I made that my OMAD. Though I'm sure it was way over my calorie range, I will eat lighter today and Friday to balance it out.

Donna & Bob - Unfortunately, there were no salad option. I work at a hotel and we were entertaining a client who wanted to go to a native spot he'd seen online. Lots of fried food.

All in all, I call it a lesson learned. Next time, I'll just extend my fast so that I can have the lunch I planned on eating. I try to eat healthier foods because I have not quite gotten to the place where I've stopped cleaning my plate. That's one of the things I hope to learn in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the advice everyone!