Just curious...

What would the diet look like? (100% of all daily nutrient values) No particular reason, just curious what it would look like.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Hitting all the macros perfectly you mean?
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Both macros and micros. Packages always say whatever% daily value of whole grain or protein or whatever.
  • toshjohn30
    toshjohn30 Posts: 7 Member
    I had to do a diet plan like this for a nutrition class a couple months ago. It takes a ton of effort (at least initially) to find the right foods and balance them throughout the day. You have to eat at least 5 times a day in order to manage the balance of nutrients. It's doable, but you have to be committed to it. There are a lot of nutrition apps that can help you to setup a plan and find foods that fit for you. I use myfitnesspal to track food and exercise, but only at the free level, which doesn't include micros.
  • Emmygm
    Emmygm Posts: 80 Member
    toshjohn30 wrote: »
    I had to do a diet plan like this for a nutrition class a couple months ago. It takes a ton of effort (at least initially) to find the right foods and balance them throughout the day. You have to eat at least 5 times a day in order to manage the balance of nutrients. It's doable, but you have to be committed to it. There are a lot of nutrition apps that can help you to setup a plan and find foods that fit for you. I use myfitnesspal to track food and exercise, but only at the free level, which doesn't include micros.

MFP includes some of the micros (e.g. calcium, iron, potassium, etc. You just have to change your diary settings away from a focus on just macros. You can also look at the nutrient labels of the foods you eat and tally from there. Theres also a few of the reports in the report tab that focus on micronutrients. I try to get my minimums for things like potassium and calcium every day. Some days it's harder than others. I'm always WAY over on Vitamins A and C though.
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Her profile pic is whatever the diet should look like. Js
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited March 2018
    I use Cronometer to track partly because if the cleaner database but mostly because I was curious about micros. A lot of entries in MFP don't include all the listed nutrients in foods and Cronometer uses mostly USDA or similar entries so what I noticed is even eating squeaky SQUEAKY clean I could not hit RDA of everything nor could I week over week. I'm usually short in Vit E & D and potassium I get pretty close. I've given up lol I get "close enough"
  • inertiastrength
    I did it. I ate 1kg of Cantaloupe and hit all my micros with the exception of D and some Omega 3. Also I am never doing that again lol
  • inertiastrength
    btente wrote: »
    I did it. I ate 1kg of Cantaloupe and hit all my micros with the exception of D and some Omega 3. Also I am never doing that again lol
    One kilogram of cantaloupe gets you no where near 20+ RDIs... Am I missing something to that statement?

Sorry, I meant with the rest of my food haha. I usually have oreos or a little ice cream after dinner but instead I ate a cantaloupe to make up the potassium with the least calories I could. It topped me up in all micros and I managed to get them all with the exception of D and Omega 3 which I supplement. Anyways, I'm going back to ice cream lol was not worth it
  • inertiastrength
    I should mention it was about 2100 calories too. I don't know how the hell anyone cutting on 1300 could hit them all
  • inertiastrength
    Also noticed I was short on Vit E actually now that I went back. All other minerals were at or obscenely above RDA
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have been regularly getting them all (when I log, which is spotty), but I eat a Brazil nut (just one) for selenium, and take a supplement for D3 (when it's not summer, then I assume the sun is sufficient) and B12 (since I've been plant-based for Lent).

Checked E on one day, and it was a number of foods that contributed, but almonds apparently are a great source, as I got about 44% of my RDA from them (I was at about 125% of E that day).

Calories for that day were about 1550, really veg and fruit heavy, but I always have a couple of servings of nuts.
  • inertiastrength
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I have been regularly getting them all (when I log, which is spotty), but I eat a Brazil nut (just one) for selenium, and take a supplement for D3 (when it's not summer, then I assume the sun is sufficient) and B12 (since I've been plant-based for Lent).

Checked E on one day, and it was a number of foods that contributed, but almonds apparently are a great source, as I got about 44% of my RDA from them (I was at about 125% of E that day).

Calories for that day were about 1550, really veg and fruit heavy, but I always have a couple of servings of nuts.

I guess I could do better as I have rice with my lunch every.single.day vs something like potatoes that would give me more and I hate to "waste" ice cream calories on nuts. Admittedly I probably sub a little more nutrient dense foods for less nutrient dense options. Even when I try and "eat clean" I do it wrong and can't hit everything. I"m not too worried about it I come pretty close
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Yeah, I don't think it's important to worry about in such detail -- I think if you are getting a good mix over the week that's sufficient. I only have been paying more attention lately because of the plant-based thing and wanting to make sure I wasn't deficient in a way not anticipated.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think it's important to worry about in such detail -- I think if you are getting a good mix over the week that's sufficient. I only have been paying more attention lately because of the plant-based thing and wanting to make sure I wasn't deficient in a way not anticipated.

Oh, I'm not worried about it, I'm just curious. Definitely not planning to do it. For instance, today I had 2 doughnuts at lunch, now I don't have calories left for supper, lol.