Restarting my Journey

Replies

• JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Hello all...how was your day today?
    It's been gray and foggy here today. After getting up this AM I decided to put myself on time out After taking my meds and something for my osteoarthritis, scooped up my 4lb shadow(Harley) and crawled into bed.
    Exercise-none done
    Weight- same
    Bp-none taken
    Sugars-non taken
    I decided not to Adult today...wish you a great day

• emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Im starting over again and also suffer from depression. Desperately need new friends lol. Accountability, support, and advice would all be great, please feel free to add me. I have over 100 lbs to lose.
  • JoenDeb1958
    emccand wrote: »
    Im starting over again and also suffer from depression. Desperately need new friends lol. Accountability, support, and advice would all be great, please feel free to add me. I have over 100 lbs to lose.

Have added u. We are here for you.
  • Yesterday started out with me doing great sticking to my meal plan.
    Then life happens my Millennium child has a meltdown calls and I start to spiral down the rabbit hole.
    I needed carbs warm, tasty, buttery cinnamon rolls filled that spot.
    I'm an emotional eater. How do I change that? I tried exercising, that doesn't work. I tried hobbies and it doesn't work.
    Does anybody have any ideas that would work?
    I'm willing to try anything....

Have you tried journaling? And by journaling I mean stream-of-consciousness rage-writing. If I sit down with a notebook or at a computer and rage-write everything I'm feeling for a good 2-3 pages, I feel much better and can make better decisions. I have full on conversations with myself like "what are you doing?? why do you want to eat? i want to eat because that's what I do when I'm sad/happy/stressed/bored! well quit it! you're better than that!" etc. etc. etc... :smiley: It really helps me. But then again, I just ate chips and queso at dinner with my mom cause I was too worried to tell her I'm trying to eat better........
  • jackylslayer
    jackylslayer Posts: 7 Member
    You may add me, I’m looking for more friends on here
  • hs112975
    hs112975 Posts: 51 Member
    Im starting over from last year, i lost 10pounds and gained 20
  • e_fou
    e_fou Posts: 23 Member
    It all sounds familiar! Please add me if you want.
  • MrsComrie
    MrsComrie Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me too :smiley: looking for all the help i can get I've got 6 stone to lose xx
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    I would like to join and ask for friends too, please. I am fighting depression like I have never fought before and it has affected me and my weight so badly that I have regained 30 of the 70 LBS I lost. Suddenly, I am only 15 LBS from 200 LBS and I am scared. I now have a desk job so I don't get as much exercise as when I was losing it before and I am that much older( I turn 55 next month). I can't go back to being as big as I was before. I start being motivated and then something happens and the motivation just switches off and I am back to overeating and laying on the couch. I could use friends who understand and will push me to keep moving.
  • rhondajoco
    rhondajoco Posts: 16 Member
    I love your attitude. I have been down this road at least three times in my life, so I know I can do it again, but would welcome any support I can get. I would love to help cheer you on as well. Feel free to add me.
  • JoenDeb1958
    Yesterday started out with me doing great sticking to my meal plan.
    Then life happens my Millennium child has a meltdown calls and I start to spiral down the rabbit hole.
    I needed carbs warm, tasty, buttery cinnamon rolls filled that spot.
    I'm an emotional eater. How do I change that? I tried exercising, that doesn't work. I tried hobbies and it doesn't work.
    Does anybody have any ideas that would work?
    I'm willing to try anything....

Have you tried journaling? And by journaling I mean stream-of-consciousness rage-writing. If I sit down with a notebook or at a computer and rage-write everything I'm feeling for a good 2-3 pages, I feel much better and can make better decisions. I have full on conversations with myself like "what are you doing?? why do you want to eat? i want to eat because that's what I do when I'm sad/happy/stressed/bored! well quit it! you're better than that!" etc. etc. etc... :smiley: It really helps me. But then again, I just ate chips and queso at dinner with my mom cause I was too worried to tell her I'm trying to eat better........

Never tried writing. I'll have to think about that.
    Thanks for the idea.
  • JoenDeb1958
    rhondajoco wrote: »
    I love your attitude. I have been down this road at least three times in my life, so I know I can do it again, but would welcome any support I can get. I would love to help cheer you on as well. Feel free to add me.

Thank you for the compliment. The hardest part of this road is trying to get started again. You can get your mind set ready then something gets thrown into the mix and messy it up.
    I will add you friend.
  • JoenDeb1958
    MrsComrie wrote: »
    Feel free to add me too :smiley: looking for all the help i can get I've got 6 stone to lose xx

I will add you.
    We can do it
  • JoenDeb1958
    e_fou wrote: »
    It all sounds familiar! Please add me if you want.

Adding you.

• JoenDeb1958
    I would like to join and ask for friends too, please. I am fighting depression like I have never fought before and it has affected me and my weight so badly that I have regained 30 of the 70 LBS I lost. Suddenly, I am only 15 LBS from 200 LBS and I am scared. I now have a desk job so I don't get as much exercise as when I was losing it before and I am that much older( I turn 55 next month). I can't go back to being as big as I was before. I start being motivated and then something happens and the motivation just switches off and I am back to overeating and laying on the couch. I could use friends who understand and will push me to keep moving.

Gurl I get you. I awake with good intentions and then crap happens.
    I'm not looking for crap to happen and it gets thrown at me.
    Tomorrow is Thursday my best friend and I are getting together and exercising on face time. I expect her and I to work out and to watch our carb intake, we're both diabetics(her type 1 and me 2) so we'll watch our sugar levels, and blood pressure. Not so much our weight at this moment.
    We both have bad knees so we're going to do sitting exercises I found them on YouTube.
    Join us!
  • amlelas68
    amlelas68 Posts: 69 Member
    Feel free to ad me. I restarted this journey as well in January. We are here to help each other and keep one inspired and motivated.
  • JoenDeb1958
    amlelas68 wrote: »
    Feel free to ad me. I restarted this journey as well in January. We are here to help each other and keep one inspired and motivated.

Added you
  • JoenDeb1958
    hs112975 wrote: »
    Im starting over from last year, i lost 10pounds and gained 20

Have added you...we can do this
  • jennlea30
    jennlea30 Posts: 15 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    I'm restarting as well. I was doing so well, then got hit by health issues and a prescription medication, Prednisone, that just packs on weight fast. I'm finally getting my health back on track, I'm off Prednisone after 2 years, and now I need to get the weight off.
    I'm also a stress eater, and find that going for a walk when I'm craving is both relaxing and gets me out of that "must have food" place. I also tend to get cravings at night, still looking for a good remedy for that.
    Feel free to add me. We all need the support!