ArizonaToast- Did you fast until 11:00am today?

Replies

• ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    @brittdee88 I didn't even like coffee for several years until I got a job working in a coffee shop in my 20's. Now it is a serious habit!

You can quit it if you want to!

You are very right!
  • ArizonaToast
    It is currently 8:03 in Arizona. 3 hours and 5 minutes until I can break my fast. I am noticing that I am not as hungry today. I am thinking this is due to having a lot of calories during my feeding window yesterday.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    That is great! You can totally do it!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    It will be easier and easier each day that you hold to the fast. Soon you will not be thinking about anything until it is about time for you to break your fast. Continue to hold out and you will reap the rewards. Nothing until 11:00 - You can do it!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Oh man, I have been a big coffee drinker since high school. The caffeine doesn't really do anything for me, and maybe that's why it never became a real addiction, but I just LOVE the taste of good coffee. When I moved here and found I could get a strong Cuban espresso shot any time I wanted, I have been having a couple of them a few times a week. LOVE it. But again, I always have them without cream and sugar, so I never had a real problem with them interrupting my fast. You can do this, and you may even grow to like it black!
    Honestly I think it's good that you had a higher intake last night and are finding you aren't as hungry today because maybe that was the real missing piece -- you may not have been eating enough and were consequently craving additional calories outside of your mealtime.
  • ArizonaToast
    Day 3 of holding my fast until 11. I did it, I waited until 11:30 actually. Had a large lunch with my family and feel content. 3 more days of spring break and I will be back at work with a more structured day.
  • brittdee88
    Great job!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Nice!!!
  • ArizonaToast
    Third. March 22- closed the eating window well before 7pm. No calories until 11am tomorrow morning. I also purposely did not buy more coffee creamer. I am out, so that means coffee isn't even an option tomorrow morning.
  • brittdee88
    You’re doing great! Keep that streak going!!!
  • dkayingram
    That is awesome!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yay! I used to have a French Vanilla Creamer fetish. Like "Would you like some coffee with that creamer?" problem. I made the switch to black coffee about three weeks into my OMAD journey, slowly weaning myself off of it.

I had a splurge day a few months ago, and tried my lovable creamer coffee. I could not finish it, because it was so sweet, and set my teeth on edge. I love black coffee now, but I know that it is not for everyone.
  • dkayingram
    I have to agree before I started OMAD I loved me some flavored creamers! I started to wean myself off as well, and now, almost 2 months in, I am totally a black coffee drinker. You may want to give it a try, it took a while for me. But I have made the change.
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    I love the taste of coffee but I have to have cream or creamer. I don't need it for flavor, I need it for texture. I have been using Brenda's hot chocolate trick and putting 1/2 to a tablespoon of the 25 calorie packets in my coffee. It has been working. Gives to me creamy texture I love without the cream.
  • ArizonaToast
    edited March 2018
    I, too, love the texture of cream in my coffee. I now just started waiting until I break my fast at 11 and have the coffee as a dessert. I also enjoy the mid-day energy push I get from the caffeine as well.

Unfortunately, I did not maintain my fast until 11:00am today. I went to my classroom today (we are on spring break) to prepare lessons and materials for Monday. I had some cookies left over from before break. My daughter had a few cookies and I had a few too. :(

This was at 9:30am. I didn't eat anything else until we had lunch at 12:00. Instead of freaking out and just blowing the day away I have decided to close my eating window at 5:30 to maintain an 8 hour eating window. I will cut off all calories by 5:30 this evening and then continue with my 11:00am rule.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That is the way to do it. The beauty of IF is that it can be modified to fit your day. Good job adjusting. You've got this
  • ArizonaToast
    Weekly Weigh-in Post

6/23/17: 200lbs
    Began OMAD/Intermittent fasting on Monday 6/26/17
    6/30/17: 197lbs
    7/07/17: 195lbs
    7/14/17: 198.8 lbs (after spending a week at Disney Parks in Florida and IF went out the window)
    7/21/17: 199 lbs
    7/28/17: From 7/28 until 9/1 I did sporadic intermittent fasting, but wasn't very focused. My weight stayed around 198-197.
    8/4/17: 198
    8/11/17:198
    8/18/17:198
    8/25/17:197
    9/1/17: 195
    9/8/17: 195
    9/15/17: 195

Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec- very casual and sporadic fasting during the school day. Usually I would sip coffee with vanilla creamer between the hours of 6:30am-11:00am and have lunch at 11 with dinner around 5. Weight slowly crept from 195 to 202 lbs.

New year and fresh motivation to lose weight.
    Weigh-ins for 2018:

1/14/18: 200.2 lbs and pretty much living in workout pants as my jeans feel tight and my stomach bloated. New resolve to practice fasting.

Weekly Weigh-in day is first thing in the morning on Fridays:
    1/14/18 200.2 lbs
    1/19/18 197.8 lbs :smile: (-2.4)
    1/25/18 198.0 lbs (+0.2)
    2/2/18 196.4 lbs yay! (-1.6)

2/9/18 196.4 lbs (+0)
    2/16/18 196.4 lbs (+0) Had a busy week with unusual events. Used this as an excuse to snack throughout the day. Some stress snacking on junk food too.

2/23/18 Didn't weigh in.
    3/2/18 199.9 lbs
    3/9/18 200.0 lbs
    3/16/18 198.0 lbs
    3/23/18 198.8 lbs
    3/30/18
  • brittdee88
    Great job with adjusting your plan to fit YOU!
  • ArizonaToast
    No fasting today. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. I cut off my calories at 6:30pm tonight. Fasting until 11am tomorrow morning.
  • ArizonaToast
    I have noticed the past few days I have a habit of eating out of boredom. I was not hungry yesterday, yet I went out to dinner with my family. Same thing this evening. I have also caught myself sitting on the couch eating junk and watching t.v. or surfing the internet out of boredom.

Interesting phenomenon. I think I will need to think of a list of activities to do when I am bored to avoid eating out of not having anything else entertaining to do.