5K to 10K training-who's in?

I have a half marathon in the fall, but want to advance to some 10Ks in the next month or two (have been running a few 5Ks so far this year after having my MCL/meniscus replaced/repaired last year).

Anyone in the same boat? Want to motivate each other? Let's do this!! B)B)B)

Replies

• ziamohammed80
    ziamohammed80 Posts: 14 Member
    Me! And am new to this. Doing 5km in May
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Awesome! How much are you running each week?
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    I'm using the c25k app right now and am on week 6. I'm running 3-4 times a week about 30 minutes each day.
    I'm running a 5k on April 14th and I'm super excited to be getting back into running/racing since having two kids in two years. Week 6 of the app has kicked my boot so far so I might redo the week but otherwise I plan to move forward with the 10k training when this is done. I also have the app for the 1/2 and full marathon too, which has been my goal for a while but I haven't run either one yet. Add me if you'd like, I log in daily and my diary is open to friends.
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    I just started running a few weeks ago (really, it's jogging but I have to start somewhere). I've signed up for a 10 k June 3rd and the 10 k Ultra Mud Hero Sept 8th. I may do an easy 5 k race mid August as a social thing. I'm not following a program, just doing my own thing and so far it's going well.
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    I'm using the c25k app right now and am on week 6. I'm running 3-4 times a week about 30 minutes each day.
    I'm running a 5k on April 14th and I'm super excited to be getting back into running/racing since having two kids in two years. Week 6 of the app has kicked my boot so far so I might redo the week but otherwise I plan to move forward with the 10k training when this is done. I also have the app for the 1/2 and full marathon too, which has been my goal for a while but I haven't run either one yet. Add me if you'd like, I log in daily and my diary is open to friends.

Just finished week 7 this week. I also contemplated repeating week 6 before moving on, but I decided to give week 7 day 1 a shot and was surprised that I could do it without much more difficulty than week 6 day 3. There's no shame in repeating a week, but FWIW, I'd wait and see if you need to before making that decision.
  • chrissy201509
    chrissy201509 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm wanting to do a half marathon ! I have been wanting to for awhile! I think I will sign up for one. I use the 10K app when I do cardio! And sometimes I just do my own workout !
  • Projectjustme
    Projectjustme Posts: 47 Member
    I have just finished Wk7 and agree with JMcGee2018; I found it much more doable than week 6 (especially run 2) so maybe give it a go before repeating. Now on week 8 and really looking forward to completing and surprised at how much I am enjoying it.
  • noraknotes
    noraknotes Posts: 16 Member
    I'm in! My dog and I have a canine biathlon in Alabama in May and I have the Chase Corporate Challenge in May as well. Both 5Ks, but the canine one is a mud run as well. I've been ill with an infected ankle so I haven't been able to run as much but I want to get back on it.

Does anyone have a specific workout regimen/schedule that they stick to? Before I got my infection, I was only going to gym and walk/running for 30 minutes. I'd like to do more but I find it hard unless I have a specific workout routine, if you will.