Miranda's Progress thread

Replies

• jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Ooph, this week has been rough. Work has been crazy, though at least it's spring break for my grad program. Aside from Wednesday, were I felt ravenous and had 2 pieces of chocolate around 2pm, I've been sticking to one meal a day. My weight is back up to 170.8. But I'm not too worried about that. I've been tracking my calories and even if I underestimated, and I'm still well within a deficit for the week. Sodium has been a bit high, and because of the craziness this week I've been jumping on the scale before I go to the bathroom. I had sushi yesterday, which I absolutely love. And way too much soy sauce. I had salmon with dill butter and mashed potatoes our on Wednesday at trivia (we won two rounds!) and a few nachos and onion rings.
    Tonight we have another home chef meal. Pot roast style steak with mashed potatoes and peas and carrots, about 660 calories. So I will probably have some peanut butter, too. Does anyone else just eat spoonfuls of peanut butter?
    My boyfriend wants to start a workout plan, so I'll probably be jumping in with him once I'm done stage managing for a production of Jesus Christ Superstar. He's looking at either p90x (which we've done before. Intense, but fun), or Master's Hammer and Chisel. We have it, but haven't done it yet because we need a workout bench. I told him to surprise me. I know this will probably slow my weight loss, but I'll take measurements and start tracking that way, too.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Sodium will make you retain a lot of water! If your calories are good your good, the water will go. I love peanut butter and love to just eat it by the spoonful!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Miranda,
    I agree with sodium, it is evil but so good especially soy sauce!
    And Peanut Butter and a spoon a match made in heaven!
    Have a great weekend!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yup sodium and carbs are evil >:) I love peanut butter but I cannot eat spoonfuls of it because I can't stand it sticking to the roof of my mouth :p
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    I'm a sucker for peanut butter. It's such a slippery slope for me--one spoon easily becomes 10, LOL!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I posted somewhere else around here but when I was about 8 or 9-yrs old, in the summers when playing around the neighborhood, I would keep a large spoon in my back pocket and would take a quick break and run into the house, scoop put a very large scoop of peanut butter and would run outside and eat it, lick the spoon clean and put it back in my pocket. Would repeat maybe 3 or 4 times throughout the day! 8-yr old boys have horrible hygiene habits!
  • jadeblue14
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I posted somewhere else around here but when I was about 8 or 9-yrs old, in the summers when playing around the neighborhood, I would keep a large spoon in my back pocket and would take a quick break and run into the house, scoop put a very large scoop of peanut butter and would run outside and eat it, lick the spoon clean and put it back in my pocket. Would repeat maybe 3 or 4 times throughout the day! 8-yr old boys have horrible hygiene habits!

But I bet it did wonders for your immune system!
  • jadeblue14
    The craziness has continued with work and running around for all of these snow storms. I've been sticking to OMAD during the week, and more like OMAD and a snack on the weekend. But I've been within my calories, so I should be in the right track. The scale hasn't been my friend lately. I keep bouncing between 168.8 and 171.4. I know logically it's probably sodium and carbs, but it is a little frustrating not to see movement. I'm also back down to a weight that I had maintained for a while, so I'm wondering if my body has hit a set point and if it's just going to take a while to break through.
    I'm in the home stretch for my MFA. Time to buckle down on all fronts.
  • Brendalea69
    Maybe try having a couple low carb days during the week, like maybe Tuesday and Thursday just to see if it would help. Good luck :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Set points are real and can be frustrating. You just have to grin and bare it, but if you stay the course, it will eventually move.
  • dkayingram
    Miranda I totally agree with stress. It does something to our bodies, since I have started this WOE I can really tell it is true. Hopefully things will settle down for you and hopefully the scale will be your happy place real soon! Keep it up!!!
  • jadeblue14
    Back down to 169.4 today. We're in the grips of another snow storm here. Work closed, so me and the dog and the boyfriend have been stuck in the house all day. I did snack a little bit. Being home is always harder for me than being at work. But we had steak and mashed potatoes and mushrooms for dinner that was really good. There was supposed to be roasted onions on top but I burned them, but not a big loss there. Still under my calories for today, even with the cheese puff snack. I might have some peanut butter if the stomach starts gnawing.
    I finally, finally, no longer feel constipated, and I'm actually a little excited to see what the scale says tomorrow.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    How did I completely miss this thread????
    Hi, Miranda! Good luck on tomorrow's weigh-in. I bet you are so relieved to not feel all clogged up. I dealt with that for most of my life and have just become regular in the past couple months and feel like a whole new person!
  • Brendalea69
    Snow, snow go away!!! Glad your constipation is better :)
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Sounds like a delicious dinner.
  • dkayingram
    Hi Miranda,
    Oh man I totally agree being home during the day (weekends not so much) is way worse than work for me. I had a little adventure MOnday with a box of cheese nips. I swear I couldn't stop myself. It was horrible. My weigh in is tomorrow so we shall see.
    You are doing great! Glad things are moving along :D
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Sending positive vibes for today's weigh in..you got this!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Oklahoma missed out on snow this year sadly. It actually has been 3 solid years of no accumulation in north eastern region of the state. I am a big fan of snow ever so often.
  • jadeblue14
    We hadn't gotten much snow the last couple of years, but have been slammed with 3 nor'easters the last 2.5 weeks. But at least our power didn't go out this time, and it's actually warm and sunny out today so maybe it'll all start melting. I do enjoy snow, but more in January and February and not March. I work for a University, and we were closed yesterday due to the snow and had a 4 hour delay today while they cleaned up campus. I didn't know what to do with myself! The dog was very confused.
    Weigh in today, and exactly the same weight I was yesterday. So not that exciting on that front. BUT out of curiosity I remeasured my waist, and it's gone down a quarter of an inch in 2 weeks. So I'll call that a win anyway. I know my eating has been good calorie wise, with more healthy and whole foods to balance out the junk. So I'm just waiting for that woosh when it all catches up to me.
    This week is restaurant week in this little river side town near us. And due to the snow, tonight was the only night we can go, and I'm really excited. There's a very good Creole restaurant built in an old church, and the food is amazing. I've already planned it out (mostly), since they have a Prix fix menu. Bacon or stuffed oysters, salad or gumbo, entree, and desert. I'm torn between what they call eggplant Ophelia, which is like eggplant lasagna with shrimp and crab, or the crab cakes. They also have jambalaya and beef filets. If you can't tell, I'm really excited. Haven't been to this place since the summer.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Awesome NSV, Miranda! A quarter of an inch is fantastic. IF really works wonders for body composition.
    That Creole menu sounds AMAZING! I'm so jealous! Post pics if you can steal some while chowing down :p