Alex's Big Fat Omad Extravaganza

Replies

• aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Day 8 - Nursing what seems to be a double ear infection. If the pain gets worse, I will definitely see a doctor. However, it happens so often that I have medication for it already which I've began to administer. It should be a breeze eating light today as pain usually quells my appetite.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Oh I hate ear infrections, I get them once a year. It will take five to six days in bed for me to recover. My ears are sensitive...or I am a baby. Either way, i hope yours clears up fast!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    hope you feel better soon!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2018
    :flowerforyou: I hope you're feeling better soon!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Ouch. Feel better soon.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Feel better soon!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    So sorry you're going through that. I can't imagine how painful that must be. Speedy recovery!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    dkayingram wrote: »
    If I am in a situation like that I would choose a low carb salad to try to stay on track. One day last week I was starving, just starving. I went to our cafeteria and made a salad with low carb items. I was fine after that. And it was weird because I have been doing OMAD since Feb.

Some days that just happens. I think how you handled it is the way to go.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Britt & Brenda - I did just that. I made that my OMAD. Though I'm sure it was way over my calorie range, I will eat lighter today and Friday to balance it out.

Donna & Bob - Unfortunately, there were no salad option. I work at a hotel and we were entertaining a client who wanted to go to a native spot he'd seen online. Lots of fried food.

All in all, I call it a lesson learned. Next time, I'll just extend my fast so that I can have the lunch I planned on eating. I try to eat healthier foods because I have not quite gotten to the place where I've stopped cleaning my plate. That's one of the things I hope to learn in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

In that case, I would eat that but just watch the high carb stuff. I think that would help. High fat doesn't seem to effect me near as much as high carb stuff.
  • aleroache20
    Feeling much better today. The medication is working already. I packed a lunch today. Sauteed chicken thighs, white rice, asparagus and an orange. Tomorrow is weigh in day. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.
  • sammygold2015
    You have this! I am glad you're feeling better!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I am thinking you will be pleasantly surprised at your weigh in tomorrow...Nice losses for all
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Glad you're on the mend Alex! Best of luck with tomorrow's weigh-in
  • brittdee88
    So glad you're feeling better, and your lunch sounds like it will be delicious!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Glad to hear your doing better :smile:
  • aleroache20
    The Results are in...

3/14 - 258.8
    3/17 - 254.4
    3/24 - 253.0

I was hoping for a bigger loss but I'll take it since I cheated last night. I ate a second meal which definitely put me over my calories. After, I felt sluggish, sick and just disappointed.

Onto week 2, with my knowledge and more determination than ever. I've decided to do weekly challenges. This week will be to stay strict on my OMAD for seven straight days.
  • sammygold2015
    A loss is a loss. We all slip sometimes. Good luck on your challenges! I really think challenges keep us engaged and our mind focused.
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Well done on your losses to date, Alex! If you aggregate it, you're down more than 5lb in ten days. Extraordinary progress.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    It's a journey Alex, don't get down over a little blip. You're losing and going in the right direction.
    Keep it up, you're going to do it!
  • brittdee88
    Nice job, Alex! 1.4 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, and your extra meal probably put on some water weight, too!