30 Day Challenge (100 Pushups, 100 Crunches, 100 Squats)

drmarctagon
drmarctagon Posts: 101 Member
edited March 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Starting tomorrow, I'm committing to 100 push ups, 100 crunches and 100 squats everyday(over the course of the day, you don't have to do it all at once if you don't want to) for 30 days...

Anybody wish to join me?

Replies

• DrippinInFitnesZ
    DrippinInFitnesZ Posts: 6 Member
    Good luck!
    I have my own personal challenge for the next 30 days, but I’m interested in hearing back!
  • drmarctagon
    Good luck!
    I have my own personal challenge for the next 30 days, but I’m interested in hearing back!

Thanks, I'll def be checking in...what's your challenge if you don't mind sharing?
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Add a daily 10km to get super powers.
  • drmarctagon
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Forget the crunches.

They're unecessary and your lower back will thank you.

You know what Sarge, I'm gonna take your advice and switch it to a 5 minute plank.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited March 2018
    Forget the crunches.

They're unecessary and your lower back will thank you.

You know what Sarge, I'm gonna take your advice and switch it to a 5 minute plank.

Sgt beat me to it. My son challenged me to a 300 pushup/300 situp workout a few times. Never again because the crunches killed my tailbone. Now it sounds like a great plan! Good luck!

I like the idea of it but I'm doing 150 KB Swings/150 pushups and mass military presses 3X a week on my hard rowing days (building up to 250 3X a week) and that's hard enough on me for now. If you stick to it, you'll notice a huge increase in strength quickly.

• drmarctagon

Sgt beat me to it. My son challenged me to a 300 pushup/300 situp workout a few times. Never again because the crunches killed my tailbone. Now it sounds like a great plan! Good luck!

I like the idea of it but I'm doing 150 KB Swings/150 pushups and mass military presses 3X a week on my hard rowing days (building up to 250 3X a week) and that's hard enough on me for now. If you stick to it, you'll notice a huge increase in strength quickly.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to the results. How is your challenge coming along?
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Don’t forget your pull-ups/chin-ups.
  • drmarctagon
    I do something similar, and have for about 8 weeks.

17 chin ups (started at 10)
    10 leg lifts
    25 push ups
    25 sit-ups
    10 dips (using a chair)

Repeat all 4 times.

So....

68 chin ups
    100 push ups
    40 leg lifts
    100 sit ups
    40 leg lifts.

I’ve seen great results!

That's awesome!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    I'm a little more than halfway through my own 30 day push-up/squat challenge (the day I heard that sit-ups weren't great was a really good day). Squats are going well enough that I wonder if I'm doing them wrong, but push-ups are still meh. The last few days I've felt like I'm getting better with the push-ups, but my goal of moving from baby (kitchen counter) push-ups to knee push-ups seems farther away than I expected.
  • pkiessig
    pkiessig Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in! Thanks for the inspiration, it was just what I needed! I'm starting today, my version: 100squats, 100 pushups, 40 dips, 40 leg lifts.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited March 2018
    FWIW, my body work routine use to be:

5x15 Pullups (slow w/strict form w/arms fully extended at bottom)

4x25 Decline Pushups (again slow w/strict form and feet at least 12" higher than head)

5x20 Dips (learning forward to focus on upper pecs)

Did this 3x/wk between lifting workouts for over a year before it wrecked my elbows.

Took about 3 months of rest not doing them b4 pain in rt elbow went away. Also got a cortisone shot and did some PT.

Just started doing them again but have cut way back. Just doing the following 2x/wk now:

3x10 Pullups
    3x20 Decline Pushups
    3x15 Dips

So far so good but will rest/cut back again if the pain returns.

To make up for the cut back in this routine, I 've been rowing 10k meters (1 hr) per day on my Concept2 rower, which burns more cals, has aerobic benefits and still involves some upper body workout w/o the same stress on my elbows instead.
  • drmarctagon
    I would have added pullups but 1. I can't complete one and 2. I have nowhere to practice to try. I don't have a local gym anymore. Maybe the next go round of this when I'm stronger and lighter.
  • guintolose
    guintolose Posts: 4 Member
    I will join in! I'm slowly working back in to exercise-for the past 2 weeks that's just been walking/jogging mainly. This will be a good push for me :)
  • drmarctagon
    guintolose wrote: »
    I will join in! I'm slowly working back in to exercise-for the past 2 weeks that's just been walking/jogging mainly. This will be a good push for me :)

Awesome, get in here!
  • Falbarran123
    Falbarran123 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey, im interested in doing this! Im excited.
  • drmarctagon
    Hey, im interested in doing this! Im excited.

We're already on Day 3, get involved!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    I would have added pullups but 1. I can't complete one and 2. I have nowhere to practice to try. I don't have a local gym anymore. Maybe the next go round of this when I'm stronger and lighter.

Got this for home. No more excuses to NOT do pullups. Under $20:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Pull-Upper-Body-Workout/dp/B0718XZD3M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1521838910&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=pull+up+bar&psc=1