Could this be a Plateau, and what

Ok, I will try to make this short.
Today: 343.1
Thursday: 348.3
2/1: 341.6

Hitting Macros consistently: 150 P/175 C/133 F

Exercise duration and intensity increasing. Now 40-45 minutes daily, spinning, elliptical, cycling(when above 45 degrees).

This is feeling like body thinks it belongs here. Last time in the pants size 1999.

Planning maybe boost protein, watch salt, and increase duration are probably key parts.

Am I missing anything obvious?

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member

Exercise duration and intensity increasing. Now 40-45 minutes daily, spinning, elliptical, cycling(when above 45 degrees).

This is feeling like body thinks it belongs here. Last time in the pants size 1999.

Planning maybe boost protein, watch salt, and increase duration are probably key parts.

What was your weight on Jan 1st?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Not over 10-11 days. If you’ve been increasing your exercise this month, that is most likely why you gained...your muscles are holding on to water to repair.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Not over 10-11 days. If you’ve been increasing your exercise this month, that is most likely why you gained...your muscles are holding on to water to repair.

^^^^ This. Be diligent and you will see results. Give it a couple of more weeks, then reevaluate.

If you continue not to lose, then you could be eating more than you think.

Or, if you are eating back exercise calories, you could be overestimating your calorie burn.

Either way,10-11 days is too early to tell.
  • StevefromMichigan
    Are you using a scale to weigh all of your food? If not, I would highly consider investing in one...it can be a real eye opener.
  • franklin5280
    franklin5280 Posts: 80 Member
    Ok. 1/1/18 was 348 lbs but was weighing on carpet which appears to weigh 10 lbs light. Now weight on solid floor in Bathroom. Getting more consistent readings. Yes scale with Tare. Logging everything. Saw a little edema in left leg. Ongoing barometer of water retention. I’m thinking watch sodium, boost protein and duration and blow through 340. Also have a massage scheduled Tuesday, Scheduled with Therapist who knows lymphatic drainage. Suspect other inflammation processes at work.
  • StevefromMichigan
    edited February 2018
    Yes, weighing on carpet can be misleading. I would discuss with your doctor. If you are retaining more than the normal amount of water, I believe there is medication they can prescribe for that.
  • StevefromMichigan
    edited February 2018
    Ok. 1/1/18 was 348 lbs but was weighing on carpet which appears to weigh 10 lbs light. Now weight on solid floor in Bathroom. Getting more consistent readings. Yes scale with Tare. Logging everything. Saw a little edema in left leg. Ongoing barometer of water retention. I’m thinking watch sodium, boost protein and duration and blow through 340. Also have a massage scheduled Tuesday, Scheduled with Therapist who knows lymphatic drainage. Suspect other inflammation processes at work.

Ok. So if I am following you correctly, you believe that your starting weight on 1/1 was more likely 358 due to weighing on carpet. Today, you weighed 343. That's a loss of 15 lbs in 7 weeks, 2.1 lbs per week. If that's correct, that's not bad. You absolutely will have day to day fluctuations based on changes in stomach content, intestinal content, and changes in water composition/retention.

I splurged and had a couple of slices of pizza last night, and this morning, the scale jumped 2 lbs. I did not gain 2 lbs of fat overnight...I would have needed to eat an excess of 7,000 calories for that to happen.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member

Yes, that you need to focus on playing the long game here. And maybe that a weight trending app might be helpful. Libra, Trend Weight, Happy Scale are all good ones.
  • franklin5280
    Up 3.3 lb. Not a perfect week. Couple external issues impacted compliance. One could have prevented. Other was out of my control. Second issue will require minor surgery. Macros way off last couple days. Got in 60 minutes spin which is longest duration. Goal is to work up to two hours continuous to get ready for spring cycling weather. Still suspect set point.
  • Set point is a myth. You will lose weight, just keep going.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    New exercise routines can cause water retention. It’s only been 10 days, don’t stress about it yet! Keep your head up and do what you gotta do. *hugs*
  • franklin5280
    No stress, didn’t hit Marcos or exercise goal. Always next week. Macros better today, 60 minute spin on Aerodyne. Get back into it...
  • franklin5280
    Exercise duration 45-90 minutes daily. Burning 750-1200 calories. Slight weight gain. Still 343 lbs. cutting calories back 500 per day.