Eating until you feel full

Hey everyone!

This might already be obvious and I don't know, but i just want to ask, is it considered eating too much if you feel bloated and full? It may not be in terms of calories and that's what I want to know.

Let's say I eat 1 bowl of jasmine rice and 5 balls of meat ball and fishball. After I ate finish everything I already felt bloated. I only had 700 calories to spare for that night. Does this mean I have eaten too much or is it just that my stomach is "too small"

Also, does it depend on how much calories you eat that makes you full?

Replies

• sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    calories don't make you full the macros in those calories do. All depends on your eating habits what satisfies me probably wouldn't be the same for you. For me more protein is key for long term feeling full.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited March 2018
    Oops.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    That's why we weigh and log food intake, to stop worrying about whether we're eating too much or too little. You can also track macros to make sure you're eating balanced.
  • appalachian_gigi
    appalachian_gigi Posts: 36 Member
    Hi! Maybe check in with yourself while you're eating and listen to your body's cues. Maybe you need to spread it out a little bit more to avoid the bloated feeling. This article has been really helpful to me: https://www.mindful.org/6-ways-practice-mindful-eating/
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Recognizing that eating slowing and being aware of feeling "satisfied" not full! Being satisfied is key mental....emotional and physical cues that has to be learned over your weight loss education process.
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    sometimes feeling bloated doesn't mean you ate too much food. sometimes the food you ate made you gassy or retain water which can make you feel too full even though you didn't eat much in terms of calories. you may just be sensitive to something you ate, or swallowed too much air because you ate too fast, or you may have been stressed out which can make it hard to digest food well, You may feel hungry again after your stomach settles. Good luck :)
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    I do not have an answer, but I never knew what bloated feels like. My sister tries to explain it to me, but I do not get it. I know when I have eaten too much and my stomach feels full, but I never have been compelled to say I feel bloated. Im weird
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,120 Member
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I do not have an answer, but I never knew what bloated feels like. My sister tries to explain it to me, but I do not get it. I know when I have eaten too much and my stomach feels full, but I never have been compelled to say I feel bloated. Im weird

I never understood it either until I lost enough weight that I can now feel and see it. I never understood it before.