ArizonaToast- Did you fast until 11:00am today?

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I think I may have tried coffee once in my life but I'm not sure.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited March 2018
    Having that list sounds like a great idea. I also eat out of boredom, so I totally get what you mean. If I feel like I want to eat because of that, I usually try to either read and/or get ahead in my work or do something that makes me feel good about myself like paint my nails, have a spa day, etc. I don't have a lot of time to think much about eating during my busy season, but when things slow down, pampering myself has been my go-to method. And as a teacher, I know from personal experience that you probably really need it anyway!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    I have noticed the past few days I have a habit of eating out of boredom. I was not hungry yesterday, yet I went out to dinner with my family. Same thing this evening. I have also caught myself sitting on the couch eating junk and watching t.v. or surfing the internet out of boredom.

Interesting phenomenon. I think I will need to think of a list of activities to do when I am bored to avoid eating out of not having anything else entertaining to do.

I know the feeling @ArizonaToast. Mindless eating is a hard habit to kick. What has helped me is training myself to give 100% focus to eating. What I mean is, when I eat, I eat at the table and focus on eating. I"ve stopped eating in front of the TV or in my car. I've stopped eating while looking at my phone (so hard!). I treat eating like it's own special event. It has helped me a lot.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    I fasted until 11 today without a problem. Lunch was a delicious philly cheesesteak pita wrap. One of my daughter's friends is having a birthday party tonight, so I might be able to get away without eating anything for dinner. I want to see if I can fast until tomorrow's lunch.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You can do it!
  • ArizonaToast
    Okay. I didn't fast at all at the birthday party. It seems whatever my plan is....If I post it on here, I seem to not follow through. I will post after the fact.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    You can do it. Just get refocused!
  • tlblanksfit
    Okay. I didn't fast at all at the birthday party. It seems whatever my plan is....If I post it on here, I seem to not follow through. I will post after the fact.

I seem to have the same problem whatever plan I put out, it seems I am never able to follow through with. I think you are doing good to post it after the fact.
  • brittdee88

I seem to have the same problem whatever plan I put out, it seems I am never able to follow through with. I think you are doing good to post it after the fact.

Sometimes I have that issue, too! Sometimes telling people really helps hold me accountable, and then other times it feels overwhelming that I might let someone down, and I fall off. The tough part is I don't know which one I will get!
    Good for you to recognize that and adjust accordingly!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    How's your fasting going today?
  • ArizonaToast
    edited March 2018
    Did not wait until 11am today. Had a Starbucks bottled mocha. These were compensatory calories as I felt I "needed it" for my first day back at school and was worried over a morning meeting I had (which went just fine btw). At least I ate my packed lunch instead of running out for fast food. Will definitely close my eating window before 7.
  • ArizonaToast
    How's your fasting going today?

Tomorrow is another day. lol

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Just move on! It is a new day! Don't let one day de-rail you!
  • brittdee88
    I agree with Donna! Stay strong today!
  • ArizonaToast
    I fasted until 11am today! woo hoo!
  • tlblanksfit
    Way to go!
  • brittdee88
    Great work!
  • ArizonaToast
    Today was not a fasting day. Tomorrow is another day.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good luck today :)
  • brittdee88
    How is it going today?