Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Now that is some great progress...Welcome to OMAD and to the group.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome all!
  • vaughnche
    vaughnche Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks y'all!
  • daniabrioschi
    daniabrioschi Posts: 32 Member
    Hi
    I am Dania from Italy. I just joined Omar Revolution because of my food cravings and unhealthy binge&purge habit.

I am in pregnancy.
    I do not have to lose weight but just to “maintain” it in a healthy way.
    I am 1.70 m and my weight is 52.8 kg.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hi, Dania...

Welcome!
  • daniabrioschi
    Hi Samson! Thanks so much. I hope to succeed in this travel. Over the last three month of pregnancy have been binging and purging creating such a confusion my mind on how eat properly order not gain 20 kgs..
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Hello Dania and welcome to OMAD and the group! Congratulations on your pregnancy and your willingness to enter into a more healthy lifestyle. Keep us posted as to how things are progressing.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Welcome Dania!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Welcome Dania! Congrats on your preganacy. I love babies.:)
  • daniabrioschi
    Thanks to all of you! I am having difficulties because strong food cravings in the afternoon..
  • Fastcar012
    Fastcar012 Posts: 13 Member
    hi guys
    so I have seen alot of youtube videos on OMAD and I was soo encourged to do it...since I've seen my brother own experince doing it without knowing....mmmm he's been sleeping all day and just wake up for one meal and then go back to sleep...and he lost 10 kg in 2 months whithout any kind of excercising loool no one will believe that..I know...but IT'S TRUE.
    ok..to get to the point..I tried it for one week...and I just weigh myself....guys I didn't lose anything...i'm sooo frustratrd since I know it should work...
    pleez I need your help and support...I feel soo down and to make matter worse my brother mocking me and bullying me about me gaining weight - I am 156 cm and I was 63 kg now I weigh 69 kg- and that I will never succed...
    I feel so hurt and I fight with him all the time..
    so I really need your advice and supports...
    much appreciated and thanx in advance.
  • Fastcar012
    BTW OMAD Revolution brought me here :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Thanks to all of you! I am having difficulties because strong food cravings in the afternoon..

Maybe you could do a relaxed OMAD while being pregnant. You could eat some healthy snacks during the day along with your one meal and then after your baby is born you can start doing Strict OMAD :)
  • Brendalea69
    Fastcar012 wrote: »
    hi guys
    so I have seen alot of youtube videos on OMAD and I was soo encourged to do it...since I've seen my brother own experince doing it without knowing....mmmm he's been sleeping all day and just wake up for one meal and then go back to sleep...and he lost 10 kg in 2 months whithout any kind of excercising loool no one will believe that..I know...but IT'S TRUE.
    ok..to get to the point..I tried it for one week...and I just weigh myself....guys I didn't lose anything...i'm sooo frustratrd since I know it should work...
    pleez I need your help and support...I feel soo down and to make matter worse my brother mocking me and bullying me about me gaining weight - I am 156 cm and I was 63 kg now I weigh 69 kg- and that I will never succed...

Maybe you had too many calories in your meals. Try filling your plate up with lots of vegetables and fruit so there isn't room for higher calorie foods. Don't let your brother discourage you and dont give up!
  • Fastcar012
    hi guys

Maybe you had too many calories in your meals. Try filling your plate up with lots of vegetables and fruit so there isn't room for higher calorie foods. Don't let your brother discourage you and dont give up!

thank u dear for your kind words :blush: :-)

well to be honest my meals were mostly carbs and sweet...I have a sweet tooth...and I cant imagine living without carbs...maybe I need check the keto forum :(
  • Brendalea69
    hi guys

thank u dear for your kind words :blush: :-)

well to be honest my meals were mostly carbs and sweet...I have a sweet tooth...and I cant imagine living without carbs...maybe I need check the keto forum :(

Just cut down on the carbs, you can do keto and OMAD. I did low carb and OMAD and never had to count calories and I also had a carb filled splurge day once a week.
  • Fastcar012
    i really appreciate your advice...and im gonna try cutting down my carbs...it's just my working environment not that healthy...lots of snacks lool..beside keto to me is just meat and veggies..dunno where to start...but that's gonna be my homework keto breakfast recipes..since I think my omad will be at work.
    thank you soo much Brenda
  • Tyranade
    Tyranade Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi. I just started OMAD this month and so far I've lost over 3kg. I'm very happy that this seem to work for me. I love the lifestyle. This is the first time in my life I managed to control my eating when my hormones rage every month-and I'm 50 years old!

I started with having a cheat day every Friday as a reward to myself after a week well done. Unfortunately this slows weight loss so had to stop this.

I eat 1000-1200 kcal every 22-23 hours, usually within the hour and lowcarb/keto.
    I've been lowcarb for a few years. I naturally gravitated towards less carbs even before I knew it was a thing because I noticed carbs made me feel unwell.

I also truly believe that low carb is what kept me at reasonable weight.

I recently gained weight because I went back to carbs when my doctor wanted to test me for glucose intolerance. For this test you need to eat carbs for a few weeks beforehand.

I didn't feel good, I felt sick and I'm never going to go back to full carb again. It was so bad it scared me.I have an auto immune disease and symptom free for years and suddenly I started getting symptoms again!

I started March 6 at 82kg and today I'm 78.7. My first goal is 70kg. My profile is public so anyone is welcome to take a look.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Welcome to Fastcar012 and Tyranade! This group is great and incredibly helpful. Please don't be shy in asking any questions, and post lots of food pics, please!! (That one was a bit selfish, but I get the best ideas for meals from these folks, really.) Good luck!
  • skinnymamma29
    skinnymamma29 Posts: 2 Member
    This is a thread to let others know you are beginning again on OMAD. Get involved by posting...

...your name or preferred username
    ...your weight
    ...your height
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...your goal weight range
    ...the time of your OMAD
    ...and your OMAD start date.

You might elaborate on what brought you around to OMAD as opposed to other weight-loss methods. This thread lets others know they are not alone in the struggle.

My name is Rochelle and I am 261 lbs , I am 5'4", I have a auto immune disorder call h.s. the doctors had me on all types of medication that made me feel much sicker and didn't fix any of the underlying problems ,if you are trying to loose weight don't let your doctor give you steroid injections! I was getting 3 to 4 steroid injections a week , now I am seeing a natural medicine doctor, and using cannabis for my h.s. and it's been working wonders for the past year! I just started omad yesterday and hoping for some great results no matter what I have to deal with through this journey with my weight loss!