Female Accountability Buddies

Replies

• Sharon909
    Sharon909 Posts: 46 Member
    I’m looking for friends to keep me motivated too! I’m 5’2” and 196. I just lost 10 lbs since Jan 22nd when I started this journey. I’m 45 and work in an office. I have a stand-up desk due to spinal problems. But I’m not exercising yet. I need positive people to keep me motivated.
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    I could use the support as well. Feel free to send me requests :-)

I have 50ish lbs to lose... so far I am down 7 of those.
  • therootofjoy
    therootofjoy Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone! I am 24 yo, 5 feet exactly and 184 lb , I joined back up a week ago and have already lost 6 lbs! I had my first cheat already tho and can feel the motivation ebbing. I am looking to lose around 50 lbs!!! Food has been easy except for when I cannot sleep at night. Would love to add people to cheer each other on!
  • JessicaRbbt
    JessicaRbbt Posts: 3 Member
    Hey!
    I'm 31 and 200lb right now. Want to lose about 35lb slowly but surely and eventually keep it off. I am rejoining MFP after a 6 month pause and I think what I was missing before was the support and community aspect. So please add me as a friend so we can keep each other motivated and accountable.
  • JessieCanDoThis
    JessieCanDoThis Posts: 46 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm finally taking responsibility for my health.

I'm in grad school so long days of sitting oamd studying and I'm up to just over 280 lbs. I'm 5'5", 31 and need to change.

I'm just starting out and I'm looking for friends to help keep me accountable!

Hello! I’m also a grad student, 36, 5’6’’ currently at 265.4, looking to get back to 170. I’ve been here for 4 weeks and lost some weight so far (8 lbs) we can be friends if you’d like!
  • ashbodash28
    ashbodash28 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi ladies, count me in! I’m also a desk-ridden grad student, currently 180 at 5’5, and also looking for some accountability pals. I’d love to be added!
  • TimeForJade
    TimeForJade Posts: 9 Member

I'm in grad school so long days of sitting oamd studying and I'm up to just over 280 lbs. I'm 5'5", 31 and need to change.

• TimeForJade
    TimeForJade Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I’d love to help you and same here. (Excuse the other post I’m still learning how to use this lol) Add me if you like :)
  • itisidaisy
    itisidaisy Posts: 121 Member
    I love this! I’m 5’3 and 32 pounds down. I’m aiming to lose 5-8 more and gain muscle. It’s been tough, but I think this is my year. Add me for motivation and support
  • ellencetera
    ellencetera Posts: 10 Member
    Hey! I would love an accountability buddy! I'm 22, 315lbs trying to get down to 175. I don't know how to add people on here (I'm new and clueless!) but if anyone wants to add me I'll gladly accept and help share motivation!
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Same story here as everyone else! I got married almost 4 years ago and have gained 45 lbs since then during residency. I've been telling myself for 3 years I was going to change, and I still haven't. I would love someone who would help motivate me and keep me in check, and I'd offer the same back! Please add me as a friend if you want :).

I'd like to at least be down 20lbs by my 30th birthday in August.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Hello ladies!
    I have been on my health journey (and NOT my first one, but definitely my LAST one!) for the last 15 months and have transitioned from 220 lbs to 138 lbs as of today, so yes a loss of 82 lbs. At a whopping 5'4" Im finally in a very healthy weight.
    I am 49 years old in a few months and although I have always been a fairly intelligent woman it took me until this age to have my "light bulb" moment, to realize that this is NOT a temporary "diet". If you want to be something then you have to live that, for life!
    I no longer mourn all of the things that I gave up for health, I now embrace all of the years that I have added to my live and look at how much I have gained in becoming healthy and no longer obese. Yes, at 5' 4" and over 200 lbs I was obese.
    My live has changed a lot. Im back in college currently taking the schooling to become a personal trainer, then plan to attend another accredited school to obtain my Nutritionist Certification.
    I had a mentor to "vent" to each week on my Wednesday weigh in day (online correspondence as she lives in another country) and in all honestly without her support Im not confident that I would have been successful.
    Next to weighing and measuring and LOGGING before you eat it, and drinking that water, the MOST important factor in this journey is a good support system. I have a wonderful supportive husband but he had not experienced this and all of the emotions that go along with this journey so to have someone in your corner that REALLY understands you is invaluable.
    Tip- take 1 day at a time, don't look at the whole picture or the total you want to lose. Focus instead on ONLY the day and make each day count - log it before you eat it and always weigh and measure, never eyeball your servings. Make a PLAN for your food consumption each week. I hung mine on the fridge and followed it like religion. Failing to plan is just planning to fail. The better the plan and your food prep the more success you will have.
    Im open to new friends if you need some extra support.
  • latentspring
    latentspring Posts: 27 Member
    hey guys! I'd love a few more people. I like the engagement and keeping up with what people are posting. my ultimate goal is to drop about 143 pounds overall, so I'm in it for the long haul at 16/143. haha.
  • eviltwinz
    eviltwinz Posts: 26 Member
    Add me in <3
  • HeadBangingBabe
    HeadBangingBabe Posts: 15 Member
    Hi! I'm no newbie to MFP but have gained weight back after too long of a time on steroids. I'm down 15 lbs so far this month and want to lose another 50-60. I'd like to lose another 25 before my 30th birthday in July.
  • sewgingerific
    sewgingerific Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! I am new to MFP. Recently diagnosed with pre-diabetes and opted for this app to track macros. I’m in my 40s and need to lose 50lbs. I would love to be a part of this accountability group.
  • gbrezina
    gbrezina Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I’m mid 40s and I’m looking for a weight loss and fitness accountability buddy or buddies (thinking no more than four people) to form a group to:
    - Keep each other accountable on a daily or couple times a week basis
    - People who want to loose weight or need support to keep workouts on track
    – people that are faithful and genuinely committed to wanting to change
    – people who are in somewhat similar life stage ( I am mid 40s, have four step children, and work)
    - people who are warm, understanding, positive, and encouraging- not rigid if you miss a day
    If this sounds like something you’d be interested in please message me so we can start forming our group! :-)
    Tallyho!
    Genny
  • Tara_1216
    Tara_1216 Posts: 150 Member
    Hey! I’m 38, mom of 2, work full time, and a full time nursing student. Feel free to add me!
  • Mekatluvr
    Mekatluvr Posts: 34 Member
    I so need accountability. I'm in my 40's, 5'9", 270, and I have a major sweet tooth! Any ladies looking for support and accountability, please add me.
  • 5fit1rdz
    5fit1rdz Posts: 14 Member
    Also looking for accountability! I’m 26 mom of two boys! Feel free to add me!☺️