Frozen Pizza's What is 1/5

Ok I know I shouldn't eat them so I don't need to hear any of that because believe me when I can afford better food I will. I'm a full time college student and I eat what I can afford. My question is the nutritional information is listed for 1/5 of the pizza....I suck at fractions so how many slices would that be when I cut the pizza into 8 slices?
We eat pizza for 1 meal atleast 3 times a week because its cheap at Walmart with it feeding me and my husband easy for $3.00 so I just want to be sure I log it correctly. I usually firgure 2 slices as 1/5 of the pizza and today I had 3 pieces so I added that in as 1.5 servings. I know also as I drink plenty of water and exercise good my crappy college eating shouldn't hinder my weight loss too much.
Thanks for any advice!! Oh and BTW I have cut out pretty much all fast food with the except of visiting a local mexican place every once and a while (not taco bell) its San Marco's Mexican Grill, so thats a victory right!

Replies

• anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    1.6 slices.

So about one and a half pieces if you cut the pizza in 8.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Thanks!!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Well assuming that 1/5 is 20%. If you cut your pizza into 8 slices, 20% would be 1.6 slices. If you have 3 slices it should be equal to about 1.75 servings.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Well assuming that 1/5 is 20%. If you cut your pizza into 8 slices, 20% would be 1.6 slices. If you have 3 slices it should be equal to about 1.75 servings.

3 slices of her pizza is 1.87(...) servings
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    What I usually do is calculate it based on the whole pizza - usually the measurements in here have both 1 serving and the entire box as a serving. So if you are cutting it into 8 pieces and eat 2, thats 1/4 of the pizza. I find the listing with the entire package and enter it as .25 servings of the whole thing. It gets you the same number of calories, but it makes MFP do the math!
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    So... Sorry this is a late question.. I just discovered this ridiculousness! Is an 1/8 slice 1.6? I'm trying to understand. :) I think that's what someone said. Thanks :smile:
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited March 2018
    Um cut your pizza pie into 5 equal triangles then eat one and stare at the rest. :p Also food scales are not that much and see what the serving size is in grams and weigh it out.

OH lord I just entered the resurrection thread zone. :D:D:D
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Dumb question...does the box say like serving size: 1/5 (130g) or similar? If yes use the weight....
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Ahhh crap zombie thread
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    So, two zombie 1/5 pizza threads in one day?????
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member

The odds seems astronomical. I'm gonna go buy a Powerball ticket.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member

I had to go check to see that there were two.
    Really strange.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited March 2018
    So... Sorry this is a late question.. I just discovered this ridiculousness! Is an 1/8 slice 1.6? I'm trying to understand. :) I think that's what someone said. Thanks :smile:

1/5 would be .2 of the pizza. 1/8 would be .125 of the pizza?

What I am understanding is that you cut your pizza into 8 pieces but the information is given for it divided into 5 pieces and your brain has locked up on how to log it?
    If your pizza package gives the weight and you have a food scale you can figure it out by weight.
    Or
    Log it as 1 serving and not worry about a few extra calories difference.
    Or
    Multiply the calories given for the 1/5 of the pizza by 5 to get the total calories for the pizza. Then divide that number by 8 to find out how many calories are in 1/8 of the pizza. You could log it with quick add calories if the database does not have whole pizza as a logging option.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Food scale cones in handy here but I'm sure you can figure it out. Also pizza isn't a bad food in the least.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I just eat the whole pizza. Simple math.

This!

If it doesn't fit in my calories that day I weigh the pizza frozen to get the grams & then figure it out from there.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 774 Member
    I enjoy the accuracy of a food scale so much. It baffles me there are people that don’t use them. I’ve been called uptight though.... lol. But really a food scale would make this a no brainer.