Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    @gymprincess1234 I wouldn't beat myself up either! It's the week that women need to take a break from berating themselves for the way they look! Lol. I hope it is over soon for you. That week is my least favorite of the whole month!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    I've had 2 deficit days now, so feel like I actually made it to the other side without binges, but just overeating.

It's past midnight, but I will still say happy international women's day to you bad *kitten* ladies that are supporting, inspiring me every day on this thread! It feels like a little tribe or cheer squad :)
  • gymprincess1234
    It's so quiet here lately!
    It's day 2 of week 10 of tracking and gym for me. And 3 days back to deficit after PMS. I had 2 panic attacks this week, so my body still feels shaken, been going to gym almost every day to calm down.

Measured myself yesterday, the same as before, so I'm hoping to see numbers drop a bit after period bloat goes off.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    Hope ya'll had good week end. Church was so good today, but I say that every Sunday.After work I picked up my friend & we had a meal at my house of the yummy veggie chowder I made (I love that stuff)& piece of grilled pork steak. Just finished dinner of corned beef & cabbage. My problem is I've been saving around 300 calories for evenings but not today, so it's almost 8pm & I want a graham cracker & milk, ugh. I'll try not too but usually if I can't stop thinking about it, I'll have some.It'll bring me up to maintenance calories but I've been trying to stay under
  • gymprincess1234
    Hey! Life has me busy at the moment, so I will take some time off of here! See you in a couple of weeks!
  • confusedbytech
    confusedbytech Posts: 5 Member
    Ooo, looky! Support group! Hi!

Frustration rant: apparently I am under-eating according to the app! Plan was soup tonight with toasted bread for dipping but now I am so utterly confused. I cut out some of the bad things and want to make new positive steps but ... so much misinformation out there! Arrrrgh!

Hope you guys are less frustrated than me.
  • confusedbytech
    confusedbytech Posts: 5 Member
    Update to the above frustration: Ranted at husband who calmly (he's the logical one and I am the emotional one) helped me sort out a meal (small pile of mash, two sausages, serving of gravy, broccoli, peas, carrots, and fried onions) that would give me more calories but of the right variety and even helped me weigh the stuff! Love him so much o:)<3
  • Evamutt
    Hope everyone is doing well, I got sick again Monday, so went to Dr today & am on anti biotics again. she said to take it easy for 2 weeks so I can heal, so I guess no work outs but I'm still walking my dogs. Yesterday was my B day. We couldn't take the day off from picking up our grand dtr from pre school ( so she won't get sick from me) cause the other grandma was out of town, so today we went to see the movie "I can only imagine" what a great movie that is. I've always love Bart of Mercy Me & have all their albums & went to several of their concerts so I wasn't going to miss a movie about him. Even my husband loved it. I'm going to buy the book & read that too. It was the highlights of my week!
  • Evamutt
    since I can't work out till I get well I decided today to eat at a deficit (instead of maintenance) to lose .5 lb/week, which gives me 1510 cal/day. I'm not willing to eat 1240 for the 1 lb/wk. I "discovered" a flat bread thats 90 cal. It's called "Flat out" so I made a breakfast burrito. My lunch today was 200 cal. I have 800 left so I'm doing good so far. My main problem with wt loss is I like to feel a little full after I eat & it's normal for me to feel full if I wait 20min after I eat but on maintenance I feel full right after I eat, so I gota hold out for that 20 min. Also I get hungry between dinner & bed time so I've been saving 300 cal for the evening to have a mini meal or a larger snack so....I have to figure this out
  • Evamutt
    this group has been so quiet. I have too, haven't had much to say but this is my main group . There are so many, I can't keep up with them all. just getting back to my normal. Been walking a lot 12-16000 steps/day mostly in the mornings. After that I get extra tired so haven't been volunteering at the animal rescue. I was planing to go tomorrow but my car is still coming up with codes for it not to pass smog so tomorrow hubby is taking it to another fellow mechanic who has smog equipment to get some help. I really hope it can be fixed. I really need my car & don't want car payments as we are just getting by financially. Last week I decided to start eating on a deficit again & stay under most days. Today was also a good day, or will be if I can not eat anything else the rest of the evening. This coming week will be a bit more quiet for me as it's Easter break so won't be picking up our grand dtr from pre school. We've been picking her up 2 days/week instead of one as her other grandma has been out of town but is coming back before school starts up again. It's been kind of hard having her here all day when I was sick, hubby entertained her most of the time so that was very helpful, but I'm a lot better now. Sorry if I went on too much, hope ya'll had a good week end & keep in touch
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Good morning! I hope everybody has been doing well with your health and fitness goals.

I've kind of unintentionally gone into maintenance. I am great at maintaining my deficit on the weekdays for the most part, but I definitely splurge on the weekends. I still track to keep myself accountable. At this point, I'm not really too upset about it. I would rather enjoy a few drinks or a big dinner. With 1600 calories to maintain my deficit, one big meal or a few drinks add up very quickly. I am happy with where I am. Of course there are things I want to improve, but I just don't have the motivation lately. I'm generally hovering around 158-160, with my original goal being 150.

I think I'll just keep on with my workouts (I've been averaging about 3 per week) and tracking my food to see where I'm at. If I miss a workout, I move on to the next day in the program. I'm getting to a point where diet/fitness isn't my main focus in my life anymore, and I think that's okay. But I'm hoping that I can at least find something that gets me a little more fired up about my workouts and improving overall fitness. It's a work in progress!
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    KDAALC wrote: »
    Could sure use some motivation. I had kept up with putting all my meals on my Fitness Pal but then lost touch for a while and have put weight back on. I am super motivated though-have started going to the gym I belong to 5 days a week and have really been watching what I eat. Weight loss is so slow though and last week-though I worked hard I didn't lose a thing-it was very frustrating. This week I kicked it up a notch-adding more time to my workout which seems to have helped-I did lose a pound this week. I feel like it's gonna be so slow. I found that drinking alot of water has helped curbed my appetite which has always been an issue for me.

Hang in there KDAALC. I always tell myself that there's nothing to do but to do it. Quitting definitely won't get results so you have to stick with it and your body will follow. Stick to your workout routine and really analyze what you're eating. Also, be patient. It's so hard as you want results yesterday but you have to wait it out. You can do it. If so many have done it, why can't you? Give it a few weeks, check what you've been doing and eating then change it if necessary. I'm rooting for you!
  • Evamutt
    I've felt like you, Rachelcalsbeek for several months. That's why I was just maintaining but got motivated again, maby the warmer weather?
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    @Evamutt We did take our dogs for a walk yesterday, because it was so nice. I'm hoping the warmer weather will help! I kinda stopped running, because the treadmill bored me, so I'm hoping to run outside too.
  • Sarahlouise5A
    Sarahlouise5A Posts: 86 Member
    I have lost 91lbs so far with roughly another 17 lbs to go.
  • gymprincess1234
    Hi!
    Looks like this chat has died. I am at my leanest cm wise, will see what the scale says in 4 weeks. :)
  • gymprincess1234
    Hi! I know there's nobody posting anymore, but I thought - if I will, maybe someone else will too!

So, I have been on a vegan spring detox for the past month, and had amazing results, I have hit a new personal record cm wise in all areas of my body. Very pleased to see my skin getting tighter as well.

I'm moving back to Europe in 2 weeks and re-joining my old spin studio -looking forward to having intense cardio 5x/week again ! I've just gone to gym on my own or with a friend for the past 10 months, so can't wait to have a trainer again.

I think for me I always have the best results when I talk less here, think less about weight loss, but just do it.

How is everyone else doing?