What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    j1874q6r7ju2.jpg

Cereal with yogurt
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Roasted broccoli and beet cottage cheese salad for lunch.
    9uj8kxich77a.jpg

Buckwheat with greens and salmon for dinner.
    0jes7l66i96m.jpg

Another beautiful shot...especially your lunch -
  • tgregory2671
    tgregory2671 Posts: 6 Member
    g0ydao9v8ymx.jpeg

Cranberry Walnut salad with Raspberry Walnut Vinegrette
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Pan Seared Korean Salmon on a bed of riced broccoli, and homemade dutch oven crusty bread (had to do it)!

hmq4wtb2i1m8.jpg

That bread looks great! Crust even looks a little shiny, something I've only achieved so far when "throwing" water into the hot oven to create a burst of steam. Is this how it comes out when baked in a Dutch oven? With the lid closed? I'm really curious because I want to bake my own bread again after getting away from it the last couple of years.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member

That bread looks great! Crust even looks a little shiny, something I've only achieved so far when "throwing" water into the hot oven to create a burst of steam. Is this how it comes out when baked in a Dutch oven? With the lid closed? I'm really curious because I want to bake my own bread again after getting away from it the last couple of years.

I'm not a baker and can't screw this up, so I am totally psyched I found this recipe:

https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/no-knead-bread/

Haven't screwed it up yet. I try not to eat that much bread, but when I want it, I now make it because it is sooo easy!!!
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Thanks, madwells1! I am familiar with the no knead method, but have never used a Dutch oven. Might be time to finally get one!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Air fryer meal. Roast lamb cutlets, roast courgette, leftover porcini risotto stuffed into portobello mushroom caps.
    trug8d6f7frr.jpeg
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Pork,broccoli, and cauliflower stirfry with oranges over white rice. 458 calories. Weighed everything before I prepared it!
    cv23io593ugj.jpg
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    todays lunch at the office..
    (chicken/spinach/almonds/apple/mayo on granary bread
    and Thai Chilli crisps :smile: u6ghcqhsk9ji.jpg
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

Roasted kabucha squash, salad, mushroom gravy and bison meatloaf for dinner cause mom and dad were coming over.

I LOVE everything about this post :) Yum!
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    My fave kind of meal: Golden beet, sweet potato and papaya almond soup. Protein on the side.
    qhn9itfiudm2.jpg
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks, madwells1! I am familiar with the no knead method, but have never used a Dutch oven. Might be time to finally get one!

Preheat the dutch oven before throwing in your dough and give the top of the dough a spritz of water when throwing it into the oven and use the dutch oven's lid for the first part of the baking. I love this recipe from Serious Eats.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/08/simple-crusty-white-bread-recipe.html
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    edited March 2018
    Lunch:
    Spicy chicken stew with potatoes, carrots, and peppers
    Apple sauce
    Tomatoes with a splash of dressing.

So... how does one post photos via mobile? There isn't an option for attachments.
  • DowntonJul
    DowntonJul Posts: 39 Member
    Pozole simmering on the stove. Waiting for the ancho Chile to soften so I can shred it with the chicken

bivsm3oi91ts.jpeg
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    ew546oewcgh8.jpg

I made goulash and it was delicious.
  • kdpotter
    kdpotter Posts: 15 Member
    Turkey sausage, shrimp, veggies, and old bay seasoning for flavor! ieglv4mbwqsv.jpeg
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Veggie Tacos