Easter Dinner

fdhunt1
fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
What is everybody making for their LC/KETO Easter dinner? Looking for creative, but tasty.

Replies

• JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Ham, kielbasa, deviled eggs, beets/horseradish, Slovak egg cheese...probably green beans

(those are my choices from the dinner table, they will have mashed 'tatoes, Easter bread, yams, etc)
  • fdhunt1
    Agreed. Definitely ham, deviled eggs. Beets/horseradish? Sounds interesting. What is Slovak egg cheese? Being Croatian I feel I should know that.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Just another Sunday here with no kiddos/grandchildren so probably fish.
  • Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    Kielbasa, deviled eggs, cheese, ham, turnips, mashed cauli, green beans and cheese cake with blueberry topping.
  • harleygirl3690
    harleygirl3690 Posts: 15 Member
    Decided to do a brunch this year with an egg bake, ham, bacon, and a keto bread recipe. Will also have fresh berries.
  • physio52
    physio52 Posts: 28 Member
    11 round the table at our holiday home in Norfolk. Rerun of Christmas, turkey crown and all the trimmings, Brussels with lardons, runner beans, roast swede and celeriac and potatoes for everyone else. Berries and cream for me and deserts various for the rest of them. It will be great.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Just another Sunday here with no kiddos/grandchildren so probably fish.

It'll be no kiddos for us too, so we're gonna just keep it simple with maybe game hen and some Keto sides.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I colored 4 1/2 dozen easter eggs, so I'm thinking deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    fdhunt1 wrote: »
    Agreed. Definitely ham, deviled eggs. Beets/horseradish? Sounds interesting. What is Slovak egg cheese? Being Croatian I feel I should know that.

this is the basic recipe (mine has vanilla extract and lots of cinnamon with a pinch of splenda). This is commonly made either sweet or savory.

My egg cheese. This is great to snack on w/ cold sliced kielbasa...I make it throughout the year because it "fits" the plan.
    pinqck3kchtn.jpg

haha, also my egg cheese hack...my grandmother had asbestos hands & could wring the hot liquid from the cheesecloth, I prefer to use brand new nylons that have been washed/rinsed to hang/drain my cheese ;)
    mai11pa6td1h.jpg

My beets & horseradish, used as a condiment with the ham. It's delicious.
    h6kdubsxhb66.jpg
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    I'm feeling like fried cabbage with sausage,onion and spices. Haven't really figured it out, just been having a weird cabbage craving. Haha! 1 year ago, I would never have believed it.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
  • fdhunt1
    Thanks JodehFoster. I'm going to give the Easter cheese & beet horseradish a try - something different.

Meluc2 - love fried cabbage. My favorite goto side dish and base ingredient for many keto casseroles.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Easter comes at the end of Holy Week and it is the end of the month. This means there is a lack of spare energy and the bank account is not exactly inviting another trip to the grocery store. I am hoping for some lamb Sunday night, but there are 9 services between now and then. I do know that whatever we have will be keto friendly.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »

Thanks for sharing!