Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    nutrofight wrote: »
    Wonder who's been paying to keep this thread alive over a year.

Me, obviously.

~Lyssa

Any new Oreo flavors in the works?

I heard rumors of Chocolate Hazelnut Oreos and Hot Cinnamon Oreos, though I haven't seen them yet. A friend saw Peeps Oreos at Target.

Yes, my friends let me know when and where they see limited edition Oreos :lol:

Those are both out. I didn't try the hot cinnamon ones because I don't do hot/spicy well AT ALL but I'm working my way through a couple packages (I buy all the new ones two packages at a time) of the Hazelnut and those are...so...good.

I bought mine at Target.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

Me, obviously.

~Lyssa

I heard rumors of Chocolate Hazelnut Oreos and Hot Cinnamon Oreos, though I haven't seen them yet. A friend saw Peeps Oreos at Target.

Awesome friends!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

Me, obviously.

~Lyssa

The hazelnut ones were out at least a month ago... we've been through 3 packages already and they're my favorites! Not interested whatsoever in the hot cinnamon ones, but I've seen them too. And the Peeps ones (but again, no interest).
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    The hazelnut ones were good. The inside reminded me of the filling of a Ferrero Rocher. The cinnamon one was alright; definitely an interesting flavor but not something I'm dying to try again. I feel like the Peep ones should have been vanilla on the outside.
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Now I’m hungry!
  • nutmegoreo
    Okay. I promised to take one for the team, so here goes. I bought two just to make sure I wasn't overwhelmed by the excitement of chocolate. Of course they never look as good as the pictures, but we are going for taste here. I will admit that my tastebuds are not particularly refined. I actually like cheap chocolate (not the two dollar boxes, I have some class, not much, but some).

The centre tastes like Oreo cream with little tiny bits of cookie crunch. To be honest, the cookie to cream ratio is way off here (and I like the double stuff, so it's not for lack of trying on my part).

Overall, It's not a substitute for an Oreo, but I still think It's better than the original cream eggs.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    51M2AYMBF1L.jpg
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Yes, the oreo thread is back! I still chuckle when I pass them in the grocery store and see a new flavor, have you seen "peeps" oreos, just in time for Easter!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    j_bark wrote: »
    51M2AYMBF1L.jpg

I don't understand.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Okay. I promised to take one for the team, so here goes. I bought two just to make sure I wasn't overwhelmed by the excitement of chocolate. Of course they never look as good as the pictures, but we are going for taste here. I will admit that my tastebuds are not particularly refined. I actually like cheap chocolate (not the two dollar boxes, I have some class, not much, but some).

The centre tastes like Oreo cream with little tiny bits of cookie crunch. To be honest, the cookie to cream ratio is way off here (and I like the double stuff, so it's not for lack of trying on my part).

Overall, It's not a substitute for an Oreo, but I still think It's better than the original cream eggs.

Thanks for the double-check experiment. But for Easter candy, Cadbury mini-eggs!

I may or may not have about 10 bags stashed in my underwear drawer. :o
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Often seen this Oreo thread updated often over the past 2 years. Not got a lot to say except that I have NEVER eaten an Oreo.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    I had thin Oreos over the winter break; I was SHOCKED at how much I liked them
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Thanks for the double-check experiment. But for Easter candy, Cadbury mini-eggs!

I may or may not have about 10 bags stashed in my underwear drawer. :o

I like the candy coated robin's eggs.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited March 2018
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    It was decided in another thread that a discussion around Oreos is in order so here goes.

First, the original Oreos are perfect. No other variety comes close. They have the perfect ratio of cream to cookie and the cookies 'n cream flavor is perfect just the way it is.

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

Also, Jugg is wrong because mint Oreos are disgusting sacrilege.

You're very wrong. Mint oreos are THE BEST, especially the thing extra crunchy ones.

Also, Hazelnut Oreos are also amazing. Double stuffed are gross to me, but whatever. I often give the cream to my kid anyway and I eat the cookie part.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I need Oreo to do a carrot cake and an oatmeal raisin cookie. Carrot cake is so under-represented in the world of cookies. And oatmeal is just delicious.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    I had thin Oreos over the winter break; I was SHOCKED at how much I liked them

I didn’t think I would like the thins, because I like the double stuf better than the original, but it turns out the thins are my favourite out of the three.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    I didn’t think I would like the thins, because I like the double stuf better than the original, but it turns out the thins are my favourite out of the three.

Clearly you are me as you wrote my thoughts exactly
  • crabbybrianna

Clearly you are me as you wrote my thoughts exactly

I’m actually really good at moderating Oreos. I can have one or two a day, and sometimes go many days in between without even thinking about them when they’re in the cupboard. I tried the thins for the first time almost 2 years ago on vacation. I bought one package, and thought that I could have a few every day and they’d be gone by the time we had to come home and that they’d last the two weeks. The first day was fine, I think I had 3. The second day I ate the entire rest of the package. Oops!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I will admit that the oreo thins never grabbed my interest, until I saw these. They are good though could use a little more salt to them to really get the salted caramel flavor.

amfk46.jpg

kal4dx.jpg
  • crabbybrianna
    qyk44p6mlty9.jpeg

Found some more Oreo thins flavours (Canada). Lemon and coconut. Both are really good!