Calling PCOS ladies

Hi,

I'm a mum and a full time university student. I also have pcos and am insulin deviant but not diabetic.

I'm looking to loose 50lbs over the year.

I'm looking for like minded people who are able to put a positive spin on being busy and whose news feed are not overkill on the negative posts.

Be great if you want to connect & be MFP accountability buds :)

Replies

• BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Feel free to add me. PCOS is not fun =(
  • livfair
    livfair Posts: 2 Member
    Feel free to add me have lost 14lb in a month have another 70lb go PCOS And hypothyroidism Also a busy mummy to two munchkins
  • shilohtennessee
    shilohtennessee Posts: 1 Member
    How? Congrats!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I dont have pcos but have many friends that do and a lot of them do a keto/low carb diet. not saying this is the way to go, but if its of interest to you ,you can look up the keto/low carb diet threads and maybe get some insight as to what other women have done or are doing for theirs just a thought.
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    I also have PCOS and have finally found something that works for me, 27lb lost in 9 weeks. Lots of exercise and lots of protein and about 3-4 Litres of water! only 50lb to go!
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    LaurenMT96 wrote: »
    I also have PCOS and have finally found something that works for me, 27lb lost in 9 weeks. Lots of exercise and lots of protein and about 3-4 Litres of water! only 50lb to go!

That's awesome, so glad you found something that works, my vice is carbs I'm planning on trying low carb for the month of April to see what kind of results I get.
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    PCOS here too, so feel free to add me! I personally find my body responds/feels best when I stick to mostly low carb (but I still love tacos and beer lol). Down almost 45lbs ... though I've been working on that a few years. Slow and steady but that's ok :smile: We'll get there!
  • latentspring
    latentspring Posts: 27 Member
    pcos also! down 16, trying to ultimately drop 143. I've been the most successful this year in the past two weeks with reduced carb intake (you know, like my endocrinologist has been telling me for a decade) and upping to full fat products!
  • babysteps2skinny
    babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
    Feel free to add me too :) I have PCOS and am stubborn enough to want to fix things without meds. Found it very hard to stick to diets and yoyoed my whole life. Finally hit my peak last year when my mom ended up in hospital with cancer. Staying with her I put on 10 more pounds taking me to 210. She is better with the grace of God and I decided to make a change. Have been fasting and dowing low carb (but not strictly like keto) since Jan. Lost the ten last year and then another 20 since the beginning of this year. Have another 45 to lose.
    Best of all, I am investing in a beautiful wig :). Have lost enough hair to make me very self conscious even though others keep telling me I look fine. Here's to getting healthy and feeling beautiful in our own skin!
  • EmmaDejaVu
    EmmaDejaVu Posts: 5 Member
    Feel free to give me a add also ladies. In the same boat. Have PCOS and trying to get rid of the weight ...
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    PCOS here too. Anyone feel free to add me. I have been through every diet, had gastric bypass, was still heavy, had my first child Jan 2017(at age 36, yeah I'm old), kept the baby weight and now have been doing Keto(and exercise 3 or more times per week) since Feb 2018 and down 16lbs so far. Work full time. I am usually a positive person and I don't judge or condemn. Whatever works for you might not work for me and that's ok, but I will be supportive and happy to help :).
  • margaret2908
    margaret2908 Posts: 6 Member
    PCOS here! 240 lbs but am worming to get down to 18p. The struggle is real. Please add Me! All of you Inspiring women!
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    I have PCOS and have lost 72 pounds in about 10 months - 10 pounds to goal! I'm eating lower carb, high protein and lower sugar. It feels sustainable and I feel great. Good luck to you!
  • hani_iam
    hani_iam Posts: 15 Member
    Add me. I'm in the same boat. Lets do this together..
  • eviiem
    eviiem Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Ladies! Came across this thread im new to trying to figure out how to add people. I have Pcos and doing Low Carb to try help it. Ive done low Carb before and lost a lot of weight and periods regulated felt better. Long story short i hurt my back fell out of plan so back at it again now! Would love to add some people that are along the same lines as myself so if you would be interested in being support buddies or whatever please add
  • chloetuesday
    chloetuesday Posts: 9 Member
    PCOSer and keto lover.
    Feel free to add!
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    LBxLB wrote: »
    LaurenMT96 wrote: »

That's awesome, so glad you found something that works, my vice is carbs I'm planning on trying low carb for the month of April to see what kind of results I get.

I'm low carb Mon- Fri but have a treat on the weekends or I would go insane. Long way to go but hoping it will reduce some of my PCOS symptoms!
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    I also have PCOS. I've yoyo dieted for many years (I'm only 24 and 5'4") throughout my teenage life. I managed to get down to 136lbs in 2016 but sadly gained it all back due to stress and overeating because of my finals at university. Right now I'm 153lbs and I actually lost 6lbs on holiday which is weird. I lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks, so I'm not sure why. I'm happy but I'm just wondering how this happened. I think I'm more of a high cortisol high testosterone kinda girl, and less of the insulin resistance. I realised this because on holiday I ate plenty of carbs and sugar as well as other foods but my cortisol levels were down because I wasn't stressed out. I've made a conscious effort to do yoga and Pilates every day. I'm also thinking of carb cycling where I only eat higher carb on my strength days. Also gonna try Ashwaganda as that lowers cortisol levels. So everyone, my advice is DONT STRESS (need to follow this myself first!). I used feel so miserable when the scale didn't move for weeks even though I'm doing everything right, so now I'm trying to tell myself I'm losing fat and it might not show on the scale.
  • Pyrapika
    Pyrapika Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! :) would love some people to go on my journey with. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 9 years ago at age 14, and have struggled with weight particularly in the last 2-3 years. Down 7 lbs but looking to lose 40 more! Feel free to add me! :)