Kettlebell enthusiasts recommendations please

2»

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    I've purchased a couple kettlebells on Amazon, I had some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. I bought a CAP powder coated and another from Kettlebell Kings. Both KBs are good quality. I'm pretty sure the UPS guy hates me now.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    I do Kettlercise, it’s a kettlebell workout series you can get in classes or DVD here in UK. I think they also have an online “vault” where you can access workouts. I have a 2/4/5/6 kg kettlebell set so far, worked my way up.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Wow I’m overwhelmed looking at kettlebells on Amazon plus the $$ I’m going to check out Play it Again and Goodwill first
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    I've purchased a couple kettlebells on Amazon, I had some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. I bought a CAP powder coated and another from Kettlebell Kings. Both KBs are good quality. I'm pretty sure the UPS guy hates me now.

I'd be very careful with the CAP on amazon. I had to return every single one I had bought due to damage in transit. The finish is very sensitive to damage and every one arrived with major chunks missing on the handles.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    BigGuy47 wrote: »

Yeah:-) after I bought my 24K I'm pretty sure the UPS guy hates me too. I second what Stan said about CAP. I've had a 15lb bell break:-/

OP, I know it's pricy! At minimum, get the Lurie DVD and an 8K bell and you should be set.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    Thanks Julie I definitely need to get something so I can keep my routine for non gym days
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I was challenged upthread for pointing out that pound for pound DB are cheaper than KB and easier to find used for about 50 cents a pound. Now you understand why I suggested DB as an alternative option if $ is a concern.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    Yup got it I just have found dumbbells more difficult to handle before but it has been years lol
  • MyLovesMyLife
    busyPK wrote: »
    I have the Iron Core Kettlebell DVD (Amazon) and enjoy it. It has 4 different workouts so great bang for your buck. I enjoy the simple 1st one best.

I got this dvd $7.99! Great deal! And adjustible kettlebell w 5,8,12 lbs I use the 8 and 12. So great! Really kicking my butt. My legs are killing me and I have to learn to change off days or go every other bc my squats stink two days in a row from soreness. Thanks to everyone!
  • oimullett
    oimullett Posts: 48 Member
    Ah-ha, a kettlebell thread!

I’ve been doing this for the past month or so (latterly adding in a kb chest press) and it’s not for boring yet. The renegade rows are a killer though!

https://greatist.com/move/full-body-kettlebell-workout