100+ days / 45 pounds lost

1lone_wolf
1lone_wolf Posts: 57 Member
edited March 2018 in Success Stories
m61rj8ry22x8.jpeg
Hit a personal goal. 45 pounds LOST. To put it in perspective is a pic of me holding a 45-pound plate! I was carrying all that extra weight on a daily basis. It’s crazy to think about. Imagine holding just 25-pound plate and thinking that’s extra weight I could lose.

Replies

• JDSapp4585
    JDSapp4585 Posts: 29 Member
    Congrats! As of Friday, I too have lost 45 lbs and can't believe the difference I feel in getting around. I have much more energy and feel so much better about myself. It's taken me 7 months and this is just since starting MFP, in all I've lost maybe an additional 20-25 from my heaviest weight. 32 lbs to go to hit my goal of 140 and see how things go from there. I have a 30# dumbbell and to think I'm still carrying that (and more) around just makes me want to push it harder!
  • 1lone_wolf
    JDSapp4585 wrote: »
    Congrats! As of Friday, I too have lost 45 lbs and can't believe the difference I feel in getting around. I have much more energy and feel so much better about myself. It's taken me 7 months and this is just since starting MFP, in all I've lost maybe an additional 20-25 from my heaviest weight. 32 lbs to go to hit my goal of 140 and see how things go from there. I have a 30# dumbbell and to think I'm still carrying that (and more) around just makes me want to push it harder!

Yes!!! Awesome, man! It’s weird to think we were carrying that extra weight around and to see it gone really makes a difference. Good luck on your journey!
  • tmaths
    tmaths Posts: 58 Member
    Same boat as you man. I lost 27 so far since Dec, and it's messed up to see how much extra weight I was carrying. Went from being unable to walk more than 5 min without ankle hurting, to walking 2 hours with no ankle pain.

My physiotherapist was overjoyed, lol

Grats on the loss man, you're looking awesome af, keep up the good work. Feel free to add me if you want.

Cheers
  • 1lone_wolf
    tmaths wrote: »
    Same boat as you man. I lost 27 so far since Dec, and it's messed up to see how much extra weight I was carrying. Went from being unable to walk more than 5 min without ankle hurting, to walking 2 hours with no ankle pain.

My physiotherapist was overjoyed, lol

Grats on the loss man, you're looking awesome af, keep up the good work. Feel free to add me if you want.

Cheers

Yeah, that’s amazing! Funny seeing the plate weights puts it into perspective! Walking is essential for me too. I average around 3 miles a day.
  • nmsch08
    nmsch08 Posts: 6 Member
    Congrats that's awesome!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Way to go!!!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    good job congratulations :)
  • avocardiothyme
    avocardiothyme Posts: 52 Member
    Congrats good way to look at it
  • 1lone_wolf
    Lost 49 pounds as of 3/21/18. The journey continues...z4bkeclq16ok.jpeg
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Impressive!

(Can your eyes be cured?)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Great job! Congrats, you look great.

I did the same thing at 35 lb down. I picked up that weight and apologized to my joints for putting them through that for far too long.
  • 1lone_wolf
    utahjulia wrote: »
    Impressive!

(Can your eyes be cured?)

Haha. No. My eyes cannot be cured. I think it’s hereditary.
  • 1lone_wolf
    Great job! Congrats, you look great.

I did the same thing at 35 lb down. I picked up that weight and apologized to my joints for putting them through that for far too long.

Same thing happened to me. My joints feel way better shedding the weight.
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    You have shared an impressive accomplishment and that’s a vivid illustration. I plan to take a similar picture soon holding my grown daughter (propped on the couch back of course) and apologizing to my joints for years of abuse.
  • 1lone_wolf
    Oma827 wrote: »
    You have shared an impressive accomplishment and that’s a vivid illustration. I plan to take a similar picture soon holding my grown daughter (propped on the couch back of course) and apologizing to my joints for years of abuse.

Haha! Yeah, we definitely have to apologize to our joints!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!