What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Seared Tuna w/ Sun Dried Tomato and Portabella Coucous Medley
  • mutantspicy
    Vegan Chili - Black Bean / Lentil / Butternut Squash
  • mutantspicy
    Baked Delicata Squash / Lentil Stew / Red Cabbage w/ Pickled Jalepeno Juice
  • mutantspicy
    edited March 2018
    Quinoa and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)

• LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Thanks, madwells1! I am familiar with the no knead method, but have never used a Dutch oven. Might be time to finally get one!

Preheat the dutch oven before throwing in your dough and give the top of the dough a spritz of water when throwing it into the oven and use the dutch oven's lid for the first part of the baking. I love this recipe from Serious Eats.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/08/simple-crusty-white-bread-recipe.html

Thanks! I don't have a Dutch oven yet, but last night I made a no knead dough and today I baked it in a baking mold without lid. It doesn't look pretty, the crust isn't shiny at all, but it tastes great!
  • XMetalMomX
    XMetalMomX Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2018
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Thanks, madwells1! I am familiar with the no knead method, but have never used a Dutch oven. Might be time to finally get one!

Preheat the dutch oven before throwing in your dough and give the top of the dough a spritz of water when throwing it into the oven and use the dutch oven's lid for the first part of the baking. I love this recipe from Serious Eats.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/08/simple-crusty-white-bread-recipe.html

Thanks! I don't have a Dutch oven yet, but last night I made a no knead dough and today I baked it in a baking mold without lid. It doesn't look pretty, the crust isn't shiny at all, but it tastes great!

Use the same recipe and try to make buns on a flat baking sheet. Come out great and easy to freeze.

Was thinking of that, also easier to keep track of calories. With bread I weigh out each individual slice I cut off because they're all different, so rolls would make that part easier.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    9ai1hgr31eg0.jpeg

Made a delicious stir fry with sesame, ginger tofu and shirataki noodles.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Cooked for a girlfriend that eats keto. Air fryer chicken wings with both Vietnamese caramel fish sauce and Buffalo sauce. Cauliflower rice and Thai pomelo salad.l4x814q2bc3q.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    A few of my recent meals: Beef and Cabbage stir fry
    bfn4nfdsabko.jpg
    Conrmeal crusted catfish with baked sweet potato and sauteed beet greens
    q1p2ea0nlhcn.jpg
    Siracha salmon with bok choy, mushrooms and eggplant
    ol7jy862fo76.jpeg

• JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Delicious day of eating! Vegan pizza, the Peking Express: five spice onion cream, hoisin pulled mushrooms, cashew mozzarella, gai lan, scallion ginger sauce, crispy shallots, fresh scallions and sesame.
    Garlic knots and ranch dip. Also vegan.
    Bulletproof protein smoothie.
    Vegan ice cream: matcha coconut, mango lassi and maple cashew chocolate.
    My tummy was very happy today!
    wriwkfe8gqlk.jpg
    v5lj0vggv8fm.jpg
    4g5rqn47h849.jpg
    5rlkxbmw2waz.jpg
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    An apple crumble crepe, with one scoop of ice cream and chocolate sauce on the side.

akatemxiy5p8.jpg
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Dinner: a fresh baguette from the oven (first attempt at these ever so I am happy they turned out--even shaped funny)! Well worth the calories today!

j6olq5eewodt.jpg
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Dinner: a fresh baguette from the oven (first attempt at these ever so I am happy they turned out--even shaped funny)! Well worth the calories today!

Heck yeah! Fresh bread is ALWAYS worth the calories!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    ivzkxgsf4gvk.png
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    kho4ene96i8q.jpg
    m1qwocaf0nkd.jpg
    0d93jt0jrq8k.jpg
    jgejx4oglorn.jpg
    7vwgo3eo1oz8.jpg
    2cwkuhernk2y.jpg
    wvdbil0c6q3a.jpg
    a7io027ga86q.jpg
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I second that!!! Salted glass fed butter on that baguette would absolutely make me a happy happy boy :)

Totally had this ^^ for breakfast, and even splurged on fresh cherry preserves with the salted butter!!!! My tummy is sooo happy!

Note to self: Stop making bread for awhile after this is all gone as my relatively healthy balanced diet has turned into carbs (bread) and fat (butter)!!

• Kohanai
    because the crock pot is queen.

e5mw0vtqpocy.jpg
  • Kohanai
    edited April 2018
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Note to self: Stop making bread for awhile after this is all gone as my relatively healthy balanced diet has turned into carbs (bread) and fat (butter)!!

I am finishing my thesis right now, and should HOPEFULLY turn it in in May. Once done, I'm hopping back on the bread-making bandwagon. It's been so long. I have straight up bread so little now a days that I'd like to just eat what I make. HAHAHA WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT...
  • Kohanai
    JL2513 wrote: »
    delicious food images

I want to know about the banana bread maple walnut thing and whatever is in your second photo. Can you elaborate?