Am I the only one who eats OATMEAL every single day!!??!

Replies

• londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    +1 sometimes I even have it for dinner. Top tip: put the bananas in before cooking rather than after and they get even sweeter and dissolve into it
  • Najacita
    Najacita Posts: 24 Member
    I eat it mainly on heavy workout days. I love the steel cut. I add some almond milk, banana and nuts. I’m full and it gets me through the morning.
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    I've had the same breakfast almost daily (although slightly different toppings) for over 2 years. I think I ought to change it up, but I don't like anything other than oats for breakfast. The only times I don't have oats, is when I don't have breakfast, which isn't that often. I need something with protein though as I don't have lunch, so my protein comes mostly from dinner.
  • TroyWebber
    TroyWebber Posts: 19 Member
    My standard dinner is: 5 egg whites,1egg,2 oz ham,1 oz of shredded cheese,1/2 cup of oats microwaved,1/4 cup of raisins,2 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1/3 cup of powdered milk.If i dont have the calories I will lose the ham, cheese or raisins but eggs and oatmeal is a daily thing.I could never get sick of oatmeal.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Is oatmeal the same as porridge? If so then I have this every single day for breakfast made with half milk, half water and a sprinkle of mixed spices. If I'm really pushed for time I eat shredded wheat instead but nothing is more comforting than a hot bowl of porridge!
  • callie677
    callie677 Posts: 4 Member
    I literally have eaten a bowl of oatmeal every single day whether be breakfast lunch or even dinner since i have started this lifestyle journey (since June 2017) It's like i can't get tired of it, i literally crave it all the time, (even now after just eating it) My husband is dumbfounded and asks how i do it and never get tired of it.. It's just so good and a addiction and i've seen amazing results in and on my body so why stop!?!? it tastes like banana nut bread which is a plus!
    I literally have eaten a bowl of oatmeal every single day whether be breakfast lunch or even dinner since i have started this lifestyle journey (since June 2017) It's like i can't get tired of it, i literally crave it all the time, (even now after just eating it) My husband is dumbfounded and asks how i do it and never get tired of it.. It's just so good and a addiction and i've seen amazing results in and on my body so why stop!?!? it tastes like banana nut bread which is a plus!

Hi. I love Oatmeal as well and sometimes eat it twice a day!!
  • callie677
    callie677 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I love Oatmeal as well!! I sometimes eat it twice a day!!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member

Keep eating then, if you like it and it fits with your calories, then go ahead...I don't see how one food though can give you results though. I don't understand what you mean by that, because if it's physical changes or strength improvements, I don't see how just oatmeal can do that.
  • TheFlyOnTheWall
    TheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 61 Member
    another daily eater here too! I discovered steel cut oats a few months ago and I LOVE them! I put the ingredients (oats, water, cinnamon, and sometimes chopped apple) in my instant pot before I go to bed and set the timer, and they're hot and ready when I get up in the morning! sooo yummy!
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    edited March 2018
    I eat it once in awhile because it makes me feel full for hours. But its certainly not a favorite of mine. Its a texture thing.

And congrats on losing weight, but it has nothing to do with oatmeal and coffee and everything to do with eating at a calorie deficit.

I do understand what you're saying but if certain foods help with compliance and her obvious enthusiasm for her program, I think they have contributed in that way to her success.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I am a lazy packet oatmeal eater; low sugar cinnamon spice with 20g of raisins is my favorite. I generally have some kind of oatmeal nearly every day. I did the 30 day challenge; 6 points from an LDL of 116 to 110 after a month of having it 2 - 3 times a day. Instead of getting tired of it, I developed a taste for it and have it nearly every day.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    I don't like oatmeal. It makes me bloat.
  • monelai2016
    monelai2016 Posts: 8 Member
    I am a nursing mom and I eat it everyday as well because it boosts my milk supply!
    However I do not enjoy so much.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Nothing wrong with that, oatmeal is good have you tried it savory style. Ive eating with veggies and steak pretty good graim this way. Even though I enjoy it sweet as well.
  • babsh59
    babsh59 Posts: 2 Member
    I don't eat it everyday but I do eat it very often, I have 30g with 50 ml of skimmed milk topped up with water, once cooked I add between 50 and 70g of fresh strawberries and a smallish banana around 80g ,and 3g of sweetener sometimes I cook it a little more after adding the fruit a good healthy breakfast for around 200 calories :)
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    I could not agree more but until I lose this next 7kg I only have a small amount of it when I do:( I could eat oatmeal, milk and bananas for every meal but the oats are so dense in calories I try to go for something else. Now I try sprinkling a little (up to 30g - more like 20) on top of low fat yoghurt and berries. I really love it though and know exactly what you're talking about.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    I eat oatmeal everyday too! People think I’m crazy at work, but I love it!

27g of oats made with 3/4 cup of water is 100 calories and fills me up until lunch - can’t go wrong with that!

It’s such an easy meal and you can keep a packet of oats in your desk, purse etc. All you need is hot water and you’re set with a quick, healthy, low calorie option.

I travel with oats wherever I go!

I grew up in the U.K. eating poridge for breakfast everyday, usually with just a pinch of salt. These days I mostly eat it plain with water but if I’m pushing the boat out I’ll make it with almond milk or add a tsp of fruit spread (just fruit no added sugar).
  • Kingsfan760
    Kingsfan760 Posts: 13 Member
    I love my oatmeal everyday! It is like dessert to me. I do add a little brown sugar and craisens, then have it with my coffee. It is under 300 calories total for breakfast and holds me till my lunch. I don't miss a day and is a must have for me.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I won't touch it. Too calorie dense and does nothing for my satiety, goals, macros. Its delicious though. I just need like 7 servings to be satisfied.
  • blackship77
    blackship77 Posts: 1 Member
    1/2 cup oats ,1 Lg banana, Cinnamon, Spoon of crunchy Peanut Butter , its very filling and so good. i even put a tbs of honey sometimes :-) try it this way! it's BOMBALICIOUS

I have oatmeal about 5 days a week. Here is my tip with it. About half a cup of oats, poor about a quarter cup of water over it. Then about quarter cup of high protein milk . Leave it soak. Heat it up and pour another quarter of high protein milk over it. As for the crunchy peanut butter , not so sure. My typical breakfeast would be Oatmeal 100g Two Slices of wholemeal Bread with a teaspoon of Marmite on each. A banana , A Mandrin and 2TBSP of Blueberries + 2 cups of black coffee. Headless to say exercise too.