whats on the menu???

Rez_jr
Rez_jr Posts: 37 Member
Happy Easter everyone....whats on your menus for today?

Replies

• wi1dcherry
    wi1dcherry Posts: 1 Member
    My family is grilling hotdogs, brats, and hamburgers. I bought special turkey cheddar brats for myself. And of course there will be devilled eggs and pasta salads and ehatever else my family brings. I have limited myself to one plate!
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Roast pork, portobello mushrooms, asparagus. Appetizers of long romaine leaves, feta cheese, craisins with pomegranate juice, low-fat ranch zigzagged on top. My guests/husby also have baked potatoes and deviled eggs. I’m all logged and good for the day.

Happy Easter and Passover.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    For dinner I'm going to try making a meatloaf with a hardboiled egg in the center with baked potato and green beans on the side.
    For lunch maybe chicken breast and pasta.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    We are having brunch @ 11, ciabatta, pork sausage, cheddar cheese and egg bake, waffle hash browns, creamsicle salad, scones, fresh fruit & mimosas.

We are going to Red Lobster for dinner.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Roasted leg of lamb
    Green beans in Greek tomato cinnamon sauce
    Roasted potatoes
    Spanakopita
    Chocolate bunny
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Ham, scalloped potatoes, broccoli, biscuits, and strawberry cream pie. Dinner for three usually means not many dishes to eat.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Slow Cooker pulled pork on brioche buns with macaroni and cheese and baked beans. White cake with buttercream icing for dessert. Add to that the near endless supply of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs!!!
  • Rez_jr
    Rez_jr Posts: 37 Member
    ohhh man excuse me while i wipe the drool off the floor :D
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    We don't do anything fancy for Easter. I worked til 1pm, no breakfast, went to the shops after work so didn't eat til 330pm (pumpkin protein pancakes and waffles with PB and chocolate spread, and fruit, and an iced protein coffee, then steak and salad for dinner. Jelly, frozen yogurt, berries for dessert.)

• freenowphoever
    freenowphoever Posts: 52 Member
    Fried chicken, pineapple coleslaw, mac salad, potato wedges, lemon meringue pie
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    It's just me and my boyfriend today, no family for a thousand miles, so we're going a nontraditional route with shrimp and vegetable tempura.... mmmm
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    well - so far I have eaten chocolate! We will be going to my sisters. Ham, sweet potatoes, scalloped corn and other assorted sides.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Chicken & dumplings, meatloaf, biscuits & gravy, cornbread, mac and cheese, cheesey hashbrown casserole, green beans & bacon, mashed potatoes, & fried apples
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I'm going to use the day to actually eat in a deficit as I've been eating a lot lately and I'm an atheist.
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Roasted turkey breast, stuffing and peas. For dessert, half a Lindt dark chocolate bunny.
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    Breakfast was oats with banana and almond butter, lunch was goats cheese, avocado, beetroot salad toastie with a bowl of homemade asparagus soup and dinner was Linda McCartney ‘beef’ roast with new potatoes, roast parsnips, cabbage and carrots (and 2 Yorkshires). Passion fruit Skyr for dessert. We have eaten well today (no chocolate tho) and I used approx. 1400 cals so far.
  • Bubblemar
    Bubblemar Posts: 30 Member
    Homemade lentil Shepard’s pie by yours truly. Made it for the family and it went down a treat. Super simple and filling. Followed by a ‘fat free’ peach upside down cake
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'm going to use the day to actually eat in a deficit as I've been eating a lot lately and I'm an atheist.

Same. Well, we're both agnostic and not visiting family who are Christian today because it's very awkward and sort of disrespectful to do so, in my opinion.

Had some oatmeal and later doing a big veggie stir fry and homemade baked crab wontons with spicy sauce.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Normally, I cook a large feast for me and my two kids, and we will feed off that for days. Ham or turkey, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies (usually carrots and broccoli because of the beautiful colours!), gravy, and buns. I'll either pick up a lemon meringue pie or carrot cake for dessert. I couldn't find a ham on sale, and we just had a turkey 2 weeks ago (so, my kids are over it and want a turkey break lol).

Today, we are having seasoned chicken breasts (bone in), mashed potatoes with leftover turkey gravy (had some in the freezer), and steamed broccoli. The kids will have large amounts of chocolate for dessert - they are thrilled! I will have a piece of dark chocolate that the EB left in my basket lol
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Grilled lamb....already cut into cubes, marinated and ready to be skewered, with awesome garlic sauce, roasted red potatoes and carrots, pepper salad, green bean casserole. Homemade blueberry cheesecake and white cupcakes.