How do I drink more water?

dinatale2
dinatale2 Posts: 3 Member
Has anyone out there come up with a way to remind yourself to drink more water throughout the day? I am horribly bad at this!

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Just keep a handy water bottle. Refill it thru the day.
    Having it in arms reach makes me sip mpre
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I pretty much have my refillable water bottle with me all of the time. I don't really need a reminder though...I live in the desert at over a mile high, so I pretty much have always had water with me since forever.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    I find that if the water bottle is sitting next to me, i will drink it and when it is empty I immediately refill. I prob drink about 120oz each day while at work.
  • For me I have to use a container with a straw. The straw is like tempting in a way and I keep going back to my water even if I'm not exactly thirsty. Maybe this comes from years of drinking fountain sodas?
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    I set myself small goals, I try to drink 32oz before lunch and 32oz after lunch while at work, and then an additional 16oz at home before i go to sleep.

I've actually gotten up to 42oz before lunch, 16oz after lunch, and 16 oz when I get home. I'm at 80oz a day.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Keep a bottle near by and full. I keep a 1 gallon(4 liters) bottle handy
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    I purchased Hidrate Spark water bottle and even though it is a bit expensive i have met my goal for a week straight!!!

https://hidratespark.com/products/hidrate-spark-2-0
  • Bigneugie
    Bigneugie Posts: 2 Member
    I drink 1 glass right when I wake up 1 when I get to work and use my bathroom breaks as a reminder that I have to drink more throughout the day.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I don't pay attention to my water intake because my thirst signals are reliable. If yours are not, you could have a glass of water every time your pee looks darker than you would like. It's an if-then system (a clear reminder) that's reliable and less arbitrary than most methods. It follows your actual hydration needs. Keeping water at arms reach is a good thing too so you drink whenever you feel you need to and not put it off because you're too lazy to get up.
  • Sparkeysworld
    Sparkeysworld Posts: 107 Member
    Hi,
    Flavored water is easier to drink than plain, if you use a large water container maybe add an electrolyte tab to it or a small amount of dilute cordial.

• Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    jellis432 wrote: »
    Plant Nanny is an app that tracks your water. It sends little reminders if you haven't logged in a while and when you log you grow a cute little plant. If you don't drink enough/forget to log it, the plant gets all droopy and sad and will eventually die. It's helped me a lot.

I downloaded Plant Nanny last Friday and it helps a lot. Sometimes I do get angry when I have to water that so and so plant again but after I water it my plant is so happy and cute I can't be angry. I like to drink water and drink a good bit but not as much as this app is telling me I should drink. I can't wait to lose some more weight so I don't have to drink so much water. Does tea count? I drink a few cups of herbal tea a day.
  • GatorsMamma
    GatorsMamma Posts: 3 Member
    Set an alarm for every two hours on you phone to remind you to drink water. That is what I do and it helps a lot!
  • glitterandsparkle8
    glitterandsparkle8 Posts: 34 Member
    I find drinking water such a struggle it’s insane why can’t I do it
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Do you feel you aren't drinking enough in general?(you'll know by the colour of your urine).

But if you want to be reminded, set reminders on your mobile for every hour to go get a glass of water e.g.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    I need to remind myself to drink, too - my body doesn't get thirsty very often, and I feel better when I have more, especially as a runner.

I got one of those infuser water bottles where you can put herbs, citrus, fruit, cucumber, etc. into the center chamber and it flavors the water a bit. Found a decent one on Amazon for $7.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    I find having a large water bottle helps. Mine is 32 oz. so I only have to fill it twice to get my minimum 8 cups in. It seems less daunting than filling something smaller four times or more throughout the day. And yes, keep it handy!!
  • Elizabeth_1010
    Elizabeth_1010 Posts: 6 Member
    Personally I’m someone who is always thirsty! I’m always wanting to drink something. Now the only thing I drink is water. I always keep my 32oz water bottle with me and refill it about 5 times a day
  • losingit3535
    losingit3535 Posts: 4 Member
    Sodastream for me